"Interlude: T.V." - 3 

"Interlude: Livin'...In Complete Darkness" - 2 

"Interlude: Let's Dance" - 3 

"Interlude: No Acid" - 1 

TV is AMAZING

https://www.last.fm/pt/user/erotic4

Anveeroy

4. Love Will Never Do (Without You) - 8.96

Highest Score: 10 @Cupid Boy @Blown Away @GaGaLB @Sexxx @culturalbaptism @ShtoopidLahv

Lowest Score: 7 @Judas Society

Comments: 

@Blown Away She initially wanted Prince on the song, but he was unable to record it so she went in the studio and did his part herself in a lower octave. Genius solution. The song sounds so good! I love the way the song starts low and deep and slowly transitions into a higher key. The lyrics are fantastic too, they are very relatable for me. And the vocals are among Janet's best.

@Lionel Ronaldo The song is better than I expected to be honest. I really love her voice here.

@culturalbaptism The sad and happy track that only miss Janet can deliver.

@ShtoopidLahv This song will get stuck in your head all day if you’re not careful. A perfect pop song and the video is so sensual. Like all the other dance songs, the new jack swing/hip hop beat and production MAKES this song that much better and elevate Janet’s vocals imo. A testament to how well Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis worked their magic.

@Judas Society If not for the melody, I would not be able to differentiate between the other 2 songs. The interludes help separate songs, otherwise the album sounds like a single song that lasts for over an hour.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

LoLaA
Just now, Aarghya said:

4. Love Will Never Do (Without You) - 8.96

Highest Score: 10 @Cupid Boy @Blown Away @GaGaLB @Sexxx @culturalbaptism @ShtoopidLahv

Lowest Score: 7 @Judas Society

Comments: 

@Blown Away She initially wanted Prince on the song, but he was unable to record it so she went in the studio and did his part herself in a lower octave. Genius solution. The song sounds so good! I love the way the song starts low and deep and slowly transitions into a higher key. The lyrics are fantastic too, they are very relatable for me. And the vocals are among Janet's best.

@Lionel Ronaldo The song is better than I expected to be honest. I really love her voice here.

@culturalbaptism The sad and happy track that only miss Janet can deliver.

@ShtoopidLahv This song will get stuck in your head all day if you’re not careful. A perfect pop song and the video is so sensual. Like all the other dance songs, the new jack swing/hip hop beat and production MAKES this song that much better and elevate Janet’s vocals imo. A testament to how well Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis worked their magic.

@Judas Society If not for the melody, I would not be able to differentiate between the other 2 songs. The interludes help separate songs, otherwise the album sounds like a single song that lasts for over an hour.

Check the 10's

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Anveeroy

3. Miss You Much - 9.51

Highest Score: 11 @Sexxx

Lowest Score: 6.8 @BadGurlMadge

Comments: 

@Blown AwayA good dance song. The lyrics are so joyful and Janet's voice really evokes the giddyness you feel when you are in love. I like the fact that songs like these are on the album, to make the album feel a bit lighter.

@Lionel Ronaldo Issa bop. I really love this song, one of the best on the album

@culturalbaptism This is the point where she switches the tone of the album. I love it.

@ShtoopidLahv Iconic single and music video. I kind of dislike the spelling of “Miss” in the chorus, but the verses are soooo catchy.

@Judas Society I forgot I heard this. I still love this song. A good respite from social commentary in an album that was built around singing about social issues.

Anveeroy

Rhythm Nation vs Black Cat 

:fan:

LoLaA
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

Rhythm Nation vs Black Cat 

:fan:

OMG, hard choice. 

Anveeroy

2. Black Cat - 9.53

Highest Score: 11 @Judas Society @culturalbaptism

Lowest Score: 7 @JanStan

Comments: 

@Blown Away This song shows miss Jackson's versatility. Doing a rock song and receiving a nomination for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance? Only the Empress Of Pop can do that! She slays the song and I love the guitar solo in the bridge. I remember my brother playing Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock once and mocking the song. He was like 'What is Janet Jackson doing here? This will be easy' and he didn't even make it past 5% :billie: Janet really taught him a lesson huh?

@Lionel Ronaldo I really like this song, the guitar makes is soo good. One of the best on the album.

@BadGurlMadge One of the best songs ever

@culturalbaptism The ultimate 80s bop. Not to mention the awards and praising. Sorry for her peers.

@ShtoopidLahv Love how edgey the rock/hair metal sounding production is. Fits the lyrics and message nicely. A necessary shakeup to the album sound.

@Judas Society Did the producers know any other tempo? All jokes aside, this has some hair metal vibes which saved this song from the overuse of the same percussion tempo in this album. Which is probably why it's one of my favorites from her.

Anveeroy

WINNER: 1. Rhythm Nation - 9.88

Highest Score: 11 @Blown Away @Cupid Boy @erotic4 @BadGurlMadge @GaGaLB 

Lowest Score: 7 @Sexxx

Comments: 

@Blown Away One of the best Janet songs EVER. Period. The industrial production is everything, the message is fantastic, the chorus is so infective. The vocals fit the song so perfectly, they exude power. The perfect dance song!

@Lionel Ronaldo This song gives me MJ vibes ;) I like the song, right now it is already better than the All For You album.

@BadGurlMadge Amazing. Brilliant

@culturalbaptism Changed pop culture with its political message coming from a young black pop star.

@ShtoopidLahv Everything about this song, video, and message is legendary. The dance routine is iconic and I jizzed when I saw her perform it live twice. It, along with the pledge, creates a powerful opener to a powerful album that I’ve found myself listening to very often in light of the fight for justice continuing on in America today. The militaristic visuals along with the jagged beats and anthemic hook give me the energy I need before I go to protests. I love it.

@Judas Society Well, this is like a pioneer for pots and pans. Though it's probably not pots and pans, this is in line with what I expected how a Sophie x Gaga collab. Probably refreshing to hear it in 1990, it still sounds fresh now.

LoLaA

I'm good with the results tbh, two very good songs. 

LoLaA

@Aarghya thank you for hosting! :heart: I really love this album and Thank You for getting me to know this masterpiece! 

I hope to see you at the next one :) 

Anveeroy
Just now, Lionel Ronaldo said:

@Aarghya thank you for hosting! :heart: I really love this album and Thank You for getting me to know this masterpiece! 

I hope to see you at the next one :) 

Most welcome, take my hand --- stay lionel!!!

2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

WINNER: 1. Rhythm Nation - 9.88

Highest Score: 11 @Blown Away @Cupid Boy @erotic4 @BadGurlMadge @GaGaLB 

Lowest Score: 7 @Sexxx

Comments: 

@Blown Away One of the best Janet songs EVER. Period. The industrial production is everything, the message is fantastic, the chorus is so infective. The vocals fit the song so perfectly, they exude power. The perfect dance song!

@Lionel Ronaldo This song gives me MJ vibes ;) I like the song, right now it is already better than the All For You album.

@BadGurlMadge Amazing. Brilliant

@culturalbaptism Changed pop culture with its political message coming from a young black pop star.

@ShtoopidLahv Everything about this song, video, and message is legendary. The dance routine is iconic and I jizzed when I saw her perform it live twice. It, along with the pledge, creates a powerful opener to a powerful album that I’ve found myself listening to very often in light of the fight for justice continuing on in America today. The militaristic visuals along with the jagged beats and anthemic hook give me the energy I need before I go to protests. I love it.

@Judas Society Well, this is like a pioneer for pots and pans. Though it's probably not pots and pans, this is in line with what I expected how a Sophie x Gaga collab. Probably refreshing to hear it in 1990, it still sounds fresh now.

Great winner! I thought I gave the 11 to Black Cat though:messga:

anyways, thanks for hosting:hug:

LoLaA
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

Most welcome, take my hand --- stay lionel!!!

I Will :kiss:

Archived