⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
society

[SERIOUS] Terror bill now signed in the Philippines

BLACKPINK

The bill defines “terrorism” as the commission of certain violent acts in order to intimidate the public, spread a message of fear, destabilize society, create an emergency or undermine public safety. It also stated that one of the purposes of terrorism is to “provoke or influence by intimidation the government” or “any of its international organizations.”

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 6

xoxo Craig

Is this not a good thing? :poot:

End Racism Now

Sine From Psyduck
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Bad if misused me thinks.

From what I've heard the PH President is a Psycho.

keep on looking for Psyduck
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

BLACKPINK
5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Oh.... no it's not.

Even innocent civilians can be arrested because the idealism of terrorism depends on what the military, police and government think. That also means children can be arrested.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA
  • Shook 5
  • Thanks 1

kabo

The intention of the bill (to stop terrorists from harming anyone/apprehend those who already committed terrorism) is good. But the justice system here in the Philippines is shitty. Activists are red-tagged as terrorists by the government and the police. The problem with this bill is that it is prone to abuse. Should the citizens still trust a government who already killed 20k+ (according to the country's Commission of Human Rights) alleged drug users/pushers in their War on Drugs?

RetroPhysico
18 minutes ago, Sine From Psyduck said:

Bad if misused me thinks.

From what I've heard the PH President is a Psycho.

He is.

I hate it here. :saladga:

BLACKPINK
12 minutes ago, RetroPhysico said:

He is.

I hate it here. :saladga:

Same, kumare!

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My Name Isnt Alice
4 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

Same, kumare!

Pirmahan niya rin dapat franchise ng ABS kung sakaling maaprubahan sa congress:fthis:

• Like 1

DAMN
7 minutes ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

Pirmahan niya rin dapat franchise ng ABS kung sakaling maaprubahan sa congress:fthis:

he doesn't give a sh!t about them though. they'd clearly do anything to prevent that from happening. :selena:

and tbh, this was to be expected. of course he'd sign it. i am disappointed more in the people in congress who didn't vetoed this bill. shame on them. 

Economy
50 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

Oh.... no it's not.

Even innocent civilians can be arrested because the idealism of terrorism depends on what the military, police and government think. That also means children can be arrested.

Omg sounds like Russia

The threshold for what they consider extremist or terrorism is extremely low :air:

• Like 2

Werk
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, BLACKPINK said:

The bill defines “terrorism” as the commission of certain violent acts in order to intimidate the public, spread a message of fear, destabilize society, create an emergency or undermine public safety. It also stated that one of the purposes of terrorism is to “provoke or influence by intimidation the government” or “any of its international organizations.”

Wait so does that mean it's too late for international people to try and help? For example, would these still be helpful or is it too late?:

https://junkterrorbill.carrd.co/

https://junkterrorbillnow.carrd.co/

https://parasapinas.carrd.co/

https://justiceforph.carrd.co/

Edited by Werk

Werk

@BLACKPINK Please answer :selena: Is it too late for international people to continuing trying to help now? :ohno:

Werk
Posted (edited)

@BLACKPINK Thank you for answering my question over Charlie's thread. Can you please also let us know if it's too late for international fans to help you all in PH now? I really want to know because I've heard horrible things like the news being shut down and so many horrible things. If you do not wish to speak due to the bill just being passed I understand and am sending much love :hug: 

Edited by Werk

BLACKPINK
1 hour ago, Werk said:

@BLACKPINK Thank you for answering my question over Charlie's thread. Can you please also let us know if it's too late for international fans to help you all in PH now? I really want to know because I've heard horrible things like the news being shut down and so many horrible things. If you do not wish to speak due to the bill just being passed I understand and am sending much love :hug: 

OMG, I never saw the previous notification!

No, it's not too late! Sign it! The fight isn't over! :heart:

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA
  • Love 1

Werk
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BLACKPINK said:

OMG, I never saw the previous notification!

No, it's not too late! Sign it! The fight isn't over! :heart:

We still have 4 days left though right? :ohno:

Edited by Werk