💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Personally, non biased, Katy or Gaga’s Super Bowl?

Lighter

Featured Posts

Economy

Gaga's was definitely better

And it's definitely not bias on my end. I can admit that I prefer most of Katie's singles discography and definitely her music videos over Gaga's even tho I like Gaga more as an artist overall

But specifically comparing super bowl, I think Gaga's wins hands down

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MingersPrayer

I enjoy Katy’s performance but I think the design of an event like the super bowl suits Gaga’s musicianship more. 

Yxilon

Katy's show was cute but you do not need to be a Gaga stan in order to notice the clear quality gap between her halftime show and Katy's...

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Yxilon
1 hour ago, Economy said:

definitely her music videos over Gaga's

I'd agree but only since 2016/2017

Lucas

Gaga's. Both were incredible but more work went into Gaga's one and it was more iconic.
Also the shark being more talked about than Katy herself tho :sweat:

Allan

Considering the show as a whole, I think both were great in their own ways. Katy relies a lot on props, visual effects, show production and collabs to entertain, and her halftime show highlighted that. Meanwhile, Gaga likes to showcase raw talent, with live singing, choreography and live band. So both of them were great experiences.

As for the individual performance of each one of the artists, Gaga's will remain superior. It takes a whole another level of talent, musicianship and professionalism to put on a 14 minutes solo performance with live singing, dancing, acrobatics, piano and outfit changes with extremely quick interludes. The challenge Gaga had to face was a lot tougher.

Delulu Rogers

Visuals and theatrics Katy delivered but she kind of got lost in it.  It was on the edge of being a kiddy show. Gaga’s could have taken it much higher and have a more GAGA effect with the costumes and theatrics but I think it fit much better in being appealing to everyone. However, am I the only one that doesn’t like that she had live background singers? The oooh oh ohs in bad romance sung by random people just ruined that whole end for me. It would have been nice if she had pre recorded those so the entire song sounded like gaga’s voice. That part is so cringey and you can’t really hear them. 

ToxicHot

I’m sorry but there’s just no way objectively Katy’s halftime show is superior to Gaga’s (for reasons I think don’t need to be re-explained). 

Definitely I thought it was fun, I liked the beat. So.....yeah. :) 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Yxilon
4 minutes ago, Allan said:

Katy relies a lot on props, visual effects, show production and collabs to entertain, and her halftime show highlighted that

as if Gaga's did not have props or visual effects :messga:

Runway

Gaga. It is the most acclaimed halftime show since MJ for a reason

LuvitLevit
17 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I'll say it again, 

LG >>>>>> MJ >>>>>> Prince

Let's not fear to rank Gaga above legends, she just did it better

Just like her SB National Anthem

LG (live) >>>>> WH (lip-syncing) 

Sorry not sorry

As a lifelong MJ fan, I 100% agree.  Gaga, in my opinion was the best Halftime Show.  Literally from beginning to the end with the catch and jump. No lip syncing.  She did the damn thing and made all my homies instant fans.

holy scheisse

Obviously Gaga. People were more interested in a shark Halloween costume than Katy perry herself :neyde:

Allan
5 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

as if Gaga's did not have props or visual effects :messga:

For someone who once brought a massive shoe-shaped piano to a performance on a TV show and bled onstage a minute before having her "dead" body hung, Gaga's stage production was almost minimalistic for a pop diva like her. And my point was not about who brought what onstage, I meant that Katy's performance relied much more on those aspects to entertain than Gaga's. I don't mean it as a bad thing, after all, the goal is to entertain the crowd and both did.

Runway
12 minutes ago, LuvitLevit said:

As a lifelong MJ fan, I 100% agree.  Gaga, in my opinion was the best Halftime Show.  Literally from beginning to the end with the catch and jump. No lip syncing.  She did the damn thing and made all my homies instant fans.

I feel like if they had today’s technology available back in the 90s, MJ would have come up with something like Gaga’s performance. Both are iconic in their own league. obviously 

Archived