💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alice vs. Free Woman: Which do you think would be the bigger hit?

Jase

Which do you think would be the bigger hit?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think would be the bigger hit?

Featured Posts

Levine
1 minute ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

omg its a joke...I don't actually mean that y'all are delulu

I know, I just wanted to say how is useless to bring radio on the table when picking a single if you're Lady Gaga.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plot Twist: what if this is Gaga's account trying to find out which song we like the most so she will release it as a single :ohwell:

3 hours ago, MetalGa said:

Plot Twist: what if this is Gaga's account trying to find out which song we like the most so she will release it as a single :ohwell:

I can confirm I am not Lady Gaga :poot:

Cody James
13 minutes ago, Jase said:

I can confirm I am not Lady Gaga :poot:

That’s disappointing 😂 

27 minutes ago, Cody James said:

That’s disappointing 😂 

...but isn't that what somebody who IS Lady Gaga would say? Would they not just flat out deny it? :oprah:

hijadeputa

Alice is a fan favorite and Free Woman should become the next single because it’s more radio friendly. periodT

Shaney

The radio didn’t even hardly play ROM, one of the best songs on the album, and featuring Ariana Grande. It only did okay. Y’all are wasting your time coming up with what’s the most radio friendly.

If Gaga’s gunna get treated like that, then might as well just take a risk and go for Alice, which I think is 10x better than Free Woman. 

youandi

Alice is obviously weirder and less 'radio friendly' but Free Woman in its current form is so bland and easy, I'm not sure it's got anything that will make it fly. At least Alice could get picked up for it's quirkness and 'nighttime' sound as some places that play that kind of music are starting to open up in some capacity or another. 

The moment Gaga becomes known or 'typecast' for releasing easy radio bops will be a shame. I don't get the obsession with fans only picking 'radio friendly' music for singles when that's never been what she's known for. I get people wanting her to have hits and obviously that would be nice but it isn't the be all and end all. If people think Bad Romance, Poker Face and Born This Way are all a perfect fit for radio then idgi at all 

(by no means am I making Gaga out to be some unrivaled experimental artistic force but it feels like a backstep to be like 'She must release this as its accessible' when she's where she is now for taking risks) 

xoxo Craig
13 hours ago, BillieGOAT said:

People love to say that a song doesn’t need to have radio appeal to be a hit, but name one sustainable hit in the last 6 months that hasn’t been backed by radio??

When ROM started losing momentum the only thing we talked about was promo & radio call-outs. That’s because they’re important.

Here’s how a radio listener will hear Alice:

MY NAAAAAMMMEEEEE ISNT ALIIIIICE

:O

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh 

:hmm:

could you pull me out of this aliiive??

:wtfga:

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh 

<switches station>

Free Woman with a radio edit that shortens the pre-chorus & cuts the bridge down is an easily digestible, fresh vocal performance with a familiar production style. It’s the better choice for that reason imo 

The GP are more likely to get bored with Free Woman rather than a dance banger like Alice. Alice goes hard, and I can see many radio listeners loving Alice. Rain On Me also starts like "I DIDN'T ASK FOR A FREE RIDE" and it did really well on radio. Free Woman sounds like a good album cut... but its nothing spectacular or hard hitting compared to Rain On Me or Stupid Love, or even Sour Candy. 

Alice seems like the best choice for that reason. 

End Racism Now

Archived