Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson de-monetized on YouTube

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

@KanyeWest @justhislife

Actually managed to changed my mind a lot, not completely but that's ok. I'm still sad tho.

Thank you for this one. And I hope YouTube will post an apology cause that's what they should really do.

Also, I do hope this will end, and he start over clean without publishing toxic relations and content.

I feel enlightened in a way.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

YouTube is full of problematic people, they should de-monetize a lot of people then... Targetting only Shane (for actions he did like a decade ago) is ridiculous

Franch Toast

I don't care whether YouTube demonetizes him or not or whatever happens to him, but I just clicked on that Twitter thread someone posted above, and after seeing a video of him telling a  young girl to eat a cocktail weenie because there are a lot of child molesters watching, all I can say is, why the heck are people here defending this scum? I'm about to go throw up. :triggered:

She/Her/Hers

Now obviously it's hard to police that many comments, but Reddit has started to crack down on their subs. They removed several notorious hate speech ones yesterday. 

Midnight Summer

Oh, cry me a river Shane defenders.

At some point, people have to draw a line. The man made a video of him m*sturb*ting to a picture of an 11-year-old girl and he was caught cracking jokes about Trayvon Martin's death. If pedophilia and the murder of a child isn't enough for someone to earn cancellation, then what is?

Also, please pipe down about how this is taking away his freedom of speech. The first amendment protects people from persecution or punishment from the GOVERNMENT, NOT PRIVATELY OWNED COMPANIES. YouTube is a privately owned company that is legally allowed to set rules and regulations for what is acceptable for its platform.

So, please stop trying to turn a man who was caught jacking off to a photo of a child into a martyr for freedom of speech. You look creepy.

NewYorkGirl

The fact that some of y’all will literally defend this pasty white loser until he dies is sickening. 

Can’t wait for the day his channels are all gone. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

Midnight Summer

Also, Youtube isn't his only problem. Target just announced that they will no longer be carrying his books and Morph also decided to remove his cosmetics from their website.

Someone is finally being properly CANCELLED.

MonsterPaws
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

They’re doing this to take the blame off of themselves. Shane is the scapegoat. Content like that would have never been on there had they put in place policies against stuff like that. 

But they’re joining the Shane cancelling bandwagon and will fool you all into thinking they’re actually doing something :lmao: 

Mmmm I agree that YouTube deserves blame for allowing that kind of content.

But Shane still MADE the videos. Dozens and dozens of videos. He isn't being made a scapegoat by YT at all.

CantGetEnough
2 hours ago, Suuus said:

How does he make money of of his channels when they are de monitized?

The just got de-monitized. I'm saying he's continued to make money on them up until this very moment, despite his years upon years of racist and problematic content. 

StrawberryBlond

The retroactive cancellation is getting beyond ridiculous now. Shane has apologised for this stuff numerous times before and YT didn't de-monetize him. He brought it to their attention and they did nothing. So, it's undeniable that they're responding to over-sensitive hate mobs right now. So many major corporations are trying to save their asses right now, even ones who did nothing wrong. It's all so fake. If YT truly believes that these videos were wrong, they should take the responsibility for allowing them up in the first place. It's one thing to cancel someone for something they said or did in reality but if it's for a video that they posted on a major site that was considered fine to upload according to the site's rules, then it's the site that should shoulder the blame. Considering Tati said today that she was advised to take down her Bye Sister video per YT's request because it "wasn't a good look for the platform" tells you that they're all about how stuff looks to the public, it's not that they're actually concerned if it's right or wrong.

I dislike Shane Dawson, but everyone was an internet troll way back in the day. It was like a different mentality and people just understood that. The real world hadn't really connected with the internet yet so all of the characteristics and standards of today's society didn't permeate the online world at the time. Now that everyone uses the internet, trolling in that manner is not permitted. People just liked to be as offensive and nasty as possible. Is it right or wrong? I think it was disturbing (I never trolled like that).

joesuda

To be honest I think Youtube is doing this due to pressure from Google or from Ad-Buyers.

When Pewdiepie had his dramas, the ad-buyers were furious and due to it Youtube introduced the de-monetized status. The Shane drama has gone into mainstream media - the Smiths responded and it is clear that this is not going away quietly. Therefore some action has to be taken.

Is this unfair? Maybe yes/Maybe no, depends on who you ask.

However what is definitely unfair is other (smaller) creators who truly are not rich losing Ad-sense because all ad buyers are boycotting Youtube due Shane Dawsons pedophilia drama. If this helps keep ad-buyers on Youtube then for me this is the correct avenue to take.  

Knew you'd make fun of me

Archived