💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling supports conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ people

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Maleficent

I agree with @StrawberryBlond . I bet Rowling supports part of the bill and doesn’t support other parts of it.

Personally, I don’t believe that a psychologists choice treatment of body-dysmorphia should be criminalized—as they are medical professionals who should know what they are doing, on a case-by-case basis. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

So I took her comments about trans people as her being ignorant at worst and scared of something that wasn't happening (the erasure of feminism and female empowerment because of trans women). Just hoping to see the best in a bad situation.

But this is just asinine and convinces me that her trans comments are in fact rooted in hate, not her simply not knowing better :toofunny:

đŸ–€

Wet Fire

She can't catch a break, can she? :air:

She deserves to be dragged though :classy:

ryhanna

How did she go from a fairly progressive move for the 2000's in retroactively making a children's book character gay to this?

uo111

Should this surprise anyone?

Dumbledore was gay until JK Rowling got ahold of him. :lana:

ItWasntLaauv

Oh my, I really wasn’t sure how to think about her trans tweets, because they really could be interpreted in any way. This is really upsetting though, how can she defend this? It’s really uncomfortable that she’s profiting off of queer baiting just to support something like this.

pdaines

I'm sorry, what?  Like, no.  You don't get a pass for this one.  Conversation therapy is ****ed up.  I'm done.

pdaines
6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

People can get the wrong end of the stick, even well-meaning ones. It happens all the time. How do you think naive people end up getting sucked into toxic mindsets? Certain people just know how to dress up their ideology to make it sound reasonable but once you're in, you see what it's really all about. Even if Jo is transphobic, I really don't see her as a hardliner who'll actively try to sabotage, wrongly accuse, harass or attack transpeople. She's just a bit misguided and is making the wrong choice of publicly supporting stuff online, where everyone can see what she's doing. If she had just kept all her thoughts to herself, none of this would've happened in the first place and we would have gone the rest of our lives never knowing what she thought. She's essentially harmless, is what I'm saying. It's the people who actually pose a danger to transpeople who we should be cancelling.

A "bit" misguided?  Dude, we are talking about conversion therapy here.  It's extremely harmful and there's not really any more room to give her the benefit of the doubt.  We can't give her a pass for this one.  

Baepsae

Trash. That's it

And the fact that members of a site that stans LADY GAGA are pulling some crazy mental gymnastics trying to defend her knowing how damaging her words are to trans people and their issues is just too much.

Hopefully this is the last thing we hear from her

RAMROD

It is hard to believe there are people who are still giving her benefit of doubt after this.

Unless you are conservative and/or share the same views as her even in the most minuscule portion of it, aka trash, I don't see why you should. Her standing is clear as day now.

Also, I hope her 3 adult children will not be poisoned by her views as well.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Hades
30 minutes ago, Baepsae said:

Trash. That's it

And the fact that members of a site that stans LADY GAGA are pulling some crazy mental gymnastics trying to defend her knowing how damaging her words are to trans people and their issues is just too much.

They are trash like her. Anyone who defends her should be erased from here immediately.

latina twilight

Does this mean I don't have to hear people calling me a 'mUGgLe' everytime I say I don't care for HP?

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, NightOwner said:

Does this mean I don't have to hear people calling me a 'mUGgLe' everytime I say I don't care for HP?

No. You're still a muggle. :billie:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

latina twilight
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

No. You're still a muggle. :billie:

Ain't we all? :ohwell:

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Archived