Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

J.K. Rowling deletes Stephen King praise after he supports trans women

Brecht

Featured Posts

elijahfan
29 minutes ago, KillerMonster said:

I gave her the benefit of a doubt but, I am done with her. This was the nail in the coffin. Her deleting that tweet pretty much proves who she really is. Sad. :toofunny:

I think she's just trying to avoid inflammatory exchanges at all costs. She knows what people are accusing her of, she doesn't need reminding, and a whole-ass documented essay wasn't enough for some people to understand where she was coming from. She's not admitting anything by deleting her tweet, she's just closing the door to negativity. But of course she's currently the whole internet's punching ball so people will find a way of giving her a hard time no matter what she does or says.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swooning
2 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Oh yikes, I'm not phobic because I don't yet understand all of the pronouns and I still am learning about how trans men are actually women and go through the same struggles women go through even though they are in-person "men," I'm not phobic, these are hard concepts to understand when you are not trans yourself.

Sorry, it really is not that hard to understand.

Just now, swooning said:

Sorry, it really is not that hard to understand.

It is hard for people like JK Rowling, who says that in-person women and in-person men are treated differently by society regardless of how they feel internally. She also feels that somehow trans people identifying as women is somehow detracting from the experience of a real woman. How would you respond to her? :oprah:

AgusPop

yass King  :ladyhaha:  but seriously.  just leave JKR  alone. I think she is crazy

MonSwiftAnton
8 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Oh yikes, I'm not phobic because I don't yet understand all of the pronouns and I still am learning about how trans men are actually women and go through the same struggles women go through even though they are in-person "men," I'm not phobic, these are hard concepts to understand when you are not trans yourself.

As a cis male myself I can never understand fully what a trans person has to go through, but I read about it and talk to people in the community, also known as educating myself. You should do the same, and then start to talk about it in forums.

Seeka
10 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Okay. Transmen and transwomen are different things. 

Male to female are transwomen. 

Female to male are transmen. 

Also, in person, many transwomen pass, especially if they're on hormones, so they experience the same troubles as a woman does. However, not only do they experience the societal sexism that women do experience, they also experience transphobia. 

If a person does not pass as the sex they wish to transition to, they're bound for even more transphobia. 

Why a person transitions is because of their gender not matching their sex. IE, body and mind not matching up. Known as gender dysphoria. 

Whether or not genderqueer or genderfluid or the non-binary are considered transgender is up for debate. 

But basically, people shouldn't be treated like sh!t. 

weed

That is so funny omggggg he’s cute for doing that 

ImTired
37 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

She is beyond help. But then again most TERFs are like that.

And by the way, I won't disown Harry Potter, that franchise belongs to us fans now, not to JK. We just need to stop supporting her financially from now on by mot giving her websites traffic, not buying official merch, and so on. That's all.

And any new Potter movies, books, shows, websites, material stc are DOA. 

JesseBabe

I 100% take back my opinion of her that I wrote in a different thread a couple of weeks ago; saying I didn't know if she was transphobic or not. It's so obvious she is and it's messy.

Why are you so bothered girl? :what:

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, KillerMonster said:

I gave her the benefit of a doubt but, I am done with her. This was the nail in the coffin. Her deleting that tweet pretty much proves who she really is. Sad. :toofunny:

6 minutes ago, JesseBabe said:

I 100% take back my opinion of her that I wrote in a different thread a couple of weeks ago; saying I didn't know if she was transphobic or not. It's so obvious she is and it's messy.

Why are you so bothered girl? :what:

This. I also tried to give her the benefit of the doubt before and thought that maybe she was well-intentioned but ignorant. 

However, this proves her transphobia. 

When King retweeted her in support of women's issues, he wasn't aware that she was quoting someone in a longer string of tweets that could be considered transphobic. When one of his followers called him out on it, he said that yes, transwomen are women. He did not disparage Rowling in any way, nor did he tag her. He also didn't delete (last time I checked) his retweet. She didn't need to unfollow him or even delete her tweet about him. He in no way bullied her or argued with her. The fact that she became so upset over him tweeting his support for transwomen shows that she's not genuine when she claims to support transpeople. It's extremely petty of her. 

I don't need to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. 

She/Her/Hers

Cello

She just keeps getting worse. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

BlackCrown
1 hour ago, Galvon said:

Sometimes I think she is just done with her fame and that's the reason why she aproved The Cursed Child play at the time and has been saying all these offensive things the last few years.

Definitely not the reason since it's doing the exact opposite

She would have just become silent. Since the end of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child no one was talking about her anymore, she was like a great memory. Since she started spreading hate on social medias everyone talks about her all the time. I don't think she genuinely planned to be hated by everyone :poot:

But her obsession with trans people is weird

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

59 minutes ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

As a cis male myself I can never understand fully what a trans person has to go through, but I read about it and talk to people in the community, also known as educating myself. You should do the same, and then start to talk about it in forums.

That's why I'm asking here :huntyga:

Musicisfreedom

This is so disappointing because Harry Potter was basically my childhood (as a lot of us here). And now every time i see anything about it I just think about how disappointing of a person JK is. Transphobia is so wrong.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived