💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Sailormoon Crystal Season 4: The Dream Arc

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

kaelergrey
10 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

As someone who loved the original anime when I saw it for the first time last year but steered clear of Crystal because the reaction was so negative, do y'all think it's worth giving it a try?  Did it get better?  Was that negativity overblown?

Season 1 and Season 2 needs some getting used to. Thats what im gonna say. :flower:
Season 3 is Amazing in my Opinion. Saturns appearance itself is amazing. :heart:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

RochestrMonstr

The other thing with the new anime is that it lacks the notorious filler episodes of the original (ie Jupiter’s there by episode 5 rather than 25) as that’s how the manga was too. 

It somewhat makes you feel like you don’t know them as well in the first season (Although this is no longer an issue by season 2 and definitely season 3)

NotDoctor
10 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I’m very excited! Season 4 was always the weakest of the 90’s anime. The manga did it better and SMC has stayed very faithful to that! 

The reception warmed and the quality improved as the seasons went on. Especially Season 3. I enjoyed all the seasons because it’s interesting to see the manga versions of the story come into animation. 

5 minutes ago, billygrey said:

Season 1 and Season 2 needs some getting used to. Thats what im gonna say. :flower:
Season 3 is Amazing in my Opinion. Saturns appearance itself is amazing. :heart:

Okay cool, I'll at least give it a shot then cuz what I've seen from 3/4 looks great.

8 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Well, depends if you liked the manga. The first three seasons of the new anime don't take much liberty from it.

OT: this anime is the queen of delays. Still excited!

I know next to nothing about the manga so that doesn't mean much to me but I figure it's worth a try!

kaelergrey
3 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

The other thing with the new anime is that it lacks the notorious filler episodes of the original (ie Jupiter’s there by episode 5 rather than 25) as that’s how the manga was too. 

It somewhat makes you feel like you don’t know them as well in the first season (Although this is no longer an issue by season 2 and definitely season 3)

Yes its more fast phased like the manga :flower:

34 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

That's one of my big problems with Crystal (besides the absolutely horrendous animation of the first 2 seasons)!  The original had so many filler episodes they had a lot of time to dedicate to fleshing out the characters and giving them each some time in the spotlight. 

Plus imo, the manga/Crystal storyline goes far too quickly in general; big moments feel less impactful when there's so much happening in a short time one thing after the other. 

For example in the original's first season, it takes until episode 33 for Venus to come complete the team, but in Crystal she comes to join in episode 7 and 8.  That's so much time for character development lost :/ Literally half of the episodes in Crystal season 1 were just introductory episodes for the new team members/tuxedo mask, and then they get together then surprise!  It's time to go defeat the big bad villain already even though the show has given us no reason we should care about any of these characters besides nostalgia because we know almost nothing about them in the context of this new version! 

I am very interested in seeing the original season 4 story line animated this time though, since the original 90s staff went and decided "Season 4 is now the chibiusa show, and we cut out the outer senshi entirely to give chibiusa more screentime".  They better include the cute scenes of Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna raising baby Hotaru!  And the art style is looking great again (which is no surprise after they gave season 3 a proper budget and made it look gorgeous)

SCHEISSEMONTRE

I'm so excited for this. I hope each solider has their moment in this movie (unlike the 90's version)

Mychal

RAMROD

I hope my local cinema gets it on time, or I will have to go abroad again to just watch movies. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

kaelergrey
7 minutes ago, Killa said:

Omg i missed season3??? 

Season 3 already aired. It was a series this one is a movie. :flower:

RochestrMonstr

I hope they do one for Stars as well! 

I always hated how we never got to see Sailor Heavy Metal Papillion in the anime (even though based on the manga she will literally be there for about 90 seconds).

kaelergrey
23 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I hope they do one for Stars as well! 

I always hated how we never got to see Sailor Heavy Metal Papillion in the anime (even though based on the manga she will literally be there for about 90 seconds).

Well atleast shes there lol

Flippy

I still don’t get the hate for season 1 and 2 of Crystal :billie:

I prefer/love that artwork (except for some obvious ugly mistakes) but other than that, I found it so beautiful to watch :shrug:

I’m so excited for the eternal movies and I’m sure that they’ll animate Stars.... They have to! They’ve made it this far to not make it all the way through! (Can’t wait to see all of the Senshi in their eternal fukus :giveup: also, we’ll get to see Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon finally animated in Stars and I can’t wait for that! Her color scheme is one of my faves :cryga:)

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Archived