Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Björk announces benefit concerts

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Björk has announced three weekend concerts at Harpa Concert Hall in Reykjavík "to celebrate that we are out of the first level of coronavirus pandemic".

«The performances will act as a celebration of the Icelandic musicians that Björk has worked with over the years, with each concert finding the artist collaborate with over 100 Icelandic musicians, across three groups that have played a part within the creation of her discography. Each concert will showcase new instrumental arrangements of scores from Björk’s back catalogue, raising money and awareness for Kvennaathvarfid – a charity that supports women and immigrants of different origin within Iceland.»

Spoiler

LOOK AT MOTHER WITHOUT ANYTHING HIDING HER FACE

Shows will be held on August 9, 15 and 23 and will feature the Hamrahlid choir, Viibra flute septet and Iceland Symphony Orchestra. The show is the same one as the Orchestral tour that got postponed until summer 2021.

For tickets: harpa.is/bjork

Soft, soothing, and succulent

culturalbaptism

Miss Owner of Earth.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

RAMROD

That is not social distancing :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Iceland's covid situation is very very good so things have been going back to normal. They're not even wearing masks in public anymore. 

Musicisfreedom

I love this woman so much 💓💓💓 i trust they wouldn't let her do this if it wasn't safe

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom

Also i hope this is livestreamed throughout the world somehow. My chances of ever actually seeing Björk are very thin, so that would be awesome lol. I wonder when/if we're gonna get a Cornucopia dvd

Bitch I'm Madonna

culturalbaptism
59 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Iceland is above Covid sis. :bradley:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

RAMROD
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Iceland's covid situation is very very good so things have been going back to normal. They're not even wearing masks in public anymore. 

1 hour ago, culturalbaptism said:

Iceland is above Covid sis. :bradley:

So did NZ, then outsiders came in from UK.

Assuming this concert will also allow outsiders to buy tickets, then risks will be high.

Until cure and vaccine exist, nothing is 100% safe.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche
4 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Also i hope this is livestreamed throughout the world somehow. My chances of ever actually seeing Björk are very thin, so that would be awesome lol. I wonder when/if we're gonna get a Cornucopia dvd

APPARENTLY THERES A LIVE STREAM TOO I JUST FOUND OUT

https://www.bjork.fr/Bjork-Orchestral-3-concerts-caritatifs-en-Islande it's in French but it says they plan to live stream it. 

I was supposed to see the orchestral tour in Paris this year but it got postponed so I'm SO glad they're streaming it. I can watch it twice :bradley:

And im still waiting for Cornucopia DVD tbfh. I watched it live and it was so f*cking breathtaking it makes no sense not to release it as a DVD. I really hope she does. 

Archived