Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Michael Jackson

PartySick

Featured Posts

Cello

Do you guys know if there's anywhere I can watch This Is It for free? Instead of watching it in chunks on Youtube :laughga:

she/her

Cello

(I'm having an MJ binge Sunday in case you couldn't tell)

How do you guys feel about Mike's demos being picked up by contemporary artists, like Don't Matter To Me with Drake? Personally, I don't take it as a "serious" release because it's not MJ approved, if that makes sense. But I really love to hear him put onto different modern styles of production. It makes me think of all the great music he could have made collaboratively with current artists like Gaga, Kanye, Bey and others he liked. 

she/her

Werewolves Wanted
31 minutes ago, Cello said:

Do you guys know if there's anywhere I can watch This Is It for free? Instead of watching it in chunks on Youtube :laughga:

Party let me know if this isn’t allowed …

Spoiler

https://sharemania.us/threads/pack-michael-jackson-blu-ray-collection-x6.150946/page-6#post-3456790

Gotta make an account to download but this site is excellent. It’s full of music collectors 

• Thanks 1

Cello
12 minutes ago, Dirty Diana said:

Party let me know if this isn’t allowed …

Hide contents

https://sharemania.us/threads/pack-michael-jackson-blu-ray-collection-x6.150946/page-6#post-3456790

Gotta make an account to download but this site is excellent. It’s full of music collectors 

ooh thanks! Downloading it now. Will check out what else they have on there too 

she/her
  • Love 1

Werewolves Wanted
38 minutes ago, Cello said:

ooh thanks! Downloading it now. Will check out what else they have on there too 

That’s where I got all the MJ stuff! Lots of lossless collecting stuff 

Cello

Mike looks cute in this hat. I think this is from the Dangerous tour but I can't find any other pictures!

37d4db58030ecb53b0a311ef912e198f.jpg

she/her

PartySick
6 hours ago, Cello said:

Mike looks cute in this hat. I think this is from the Dangerous tour but I can't find any other pictures!

37d4db58030ecb53b0a311ef912e198f.jpg

It is from the Dangerous Tour, when he performed Bad...so that narrows it down, actually since he only did Bad a few times

This isn't the one with the hat but he's wearing this jacket here:

💚
  • Love 1

Cello

I keep watching performances of She's Out Of My Life and wishing it was me on stage hugging Michael :flutter:

Such lucky ladies.

she/her

PartySick

Omg

Spoiler

BOS: Hello Gil, you are the creator of the song "Whatever Happens, can you tell us the story of this track appearing on Michael Jackson's album Invincible released by Epic / Sony Music in 2001?

Gil Cang: Geoffrey and I wrote the song in my "studio room" in 1999...

BOS: Did you write "Whatever happens" especially for Michael Jackson?

Gil Cang: The song was first offered to artist Mario Vasquez (who was signed to Atlantic and later featured in "American Idol" performing "Whatever Happens" at the audition). He recorded the song, but it was never released.

BOS: What happened next?

Gil Cang: Mario Vasquez went to Teddy Riley's lawyer to see if Teddy would be interested in producing him. It didn't work out, but Teddy thought the song would be great for Michael. He played the song for Michael, and Michael loved it.

BOS: Did you meet Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley? Did you watch the song's evolution from your demo to the final version on Invincible?

Gil Cang: I was not in the studio, and I have not met any of them.

BOS: How was your song selected? Did you suggest any other demos to Riley, and if so, do you remember their names? Did they record any other demos or final versions?

Gil Cang: Riley didn't select anything else. They recorded this song among 200 songs they worked on for Invincible, and they kept it. An honor for me because I've always been a huge fan.

BOS: Do you know if "Whatever Happens" was planned as a single by Sony Music?

Gil Cang: Unfortunately, the song was never released as a single because the promo campaign was stopped after only 2 songs from the album. "Whatever Happens" was planned as the 4th single from Invincible. But still it is my musical dream come true.

BOS: What is this song about, and what do you think is Michael Jackson's version about?

Gil Cang: I love Michael's version. The song is about a girl who discovers that she is pregnant. People mistake the first sentence of the song, it's actually "He gives a nervous smile," not "He gives another smile." It always makes me nervous! They had it wrong in the album booklet.

BOS: Who sings and plays instruments on the demo?

Gil Cang: Geoffrey Williams sings, and I play instruments.

BOS: Who decided to invite Carlos Santana?

Gil Cang: It was their idea.

BOS: When listening to your demo and the final version on Invincible, there is no real difference in melody, text, etc. Why are Teddy Riley and Michael Jackson credited? Was it a copyright issue, as in "Give us credit, otherwise you will never see your song on the album?"

Gil: Exactly.

BOS: Gil, thank you for this short interview, "Whatever Happens" remains one of the major titles on Invincible and it is very much appreciated by the public.

Gil: Thank you.

200 SONGS WORKED ON FOR INVINCIBLE BETWEEN TEDDY AND MJ :air:

Imagine how many jams, ballads, concepts, etc we didn't get :bradley:

Imagine how many songs are actually in his vault :air:

If between 1995/1997 and 2001 they wrote 200 songs :air:

💚
  • Shook 1

Cello
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

Omg

Hide contents

BOS: Hello Gil, you are the creator of the song "Whatever Happens, can you tell us the story of this track appearing on Michael Jackson's album Invincible released by Epic / Sony Music in 2001?

Gil Cang: Geoffrey and I wrote the song in my "studio room" in 1999...

BOS: Did you write "Whatever happens" especially for Michael Jackson?

Gil Cang: The song was first offered to artist Mario Vasquez (who was signed to Atlantic and later featured in "American Idol" performing "Whatever Happens" at the audition). He recorded the song, but it was never released.

BOS: What happened next?

Gil Cang: Mario Vasquez went to Teddy Riley's lawyer to see if Teddy would be interested in producing him. It didn't work out, but Teddy thought the song would be great for Michael. He played the song for Michael, and Michael loved it.

BOS: Did you meet Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley? Did you watch the song's evolution from your demo to the final version on Invincible?

Gil Cang: I was not in the studio, and I have not met any of them.

BOS: How was your song selected? Did you suggest any other demos to Riley, and if so, do you remember their names? Did they record any other demos or final versions?

Gil Cang: Riley didn't select anything else. They recorded this song among 200 songs they worked on for Invincible, and they kept it. An honor for me because I've always been a huge fan.

BOS: Do you know if "Whatever Happens" was planned as a single by Sony Music?

Gil Cang: Unfortunately, the song was never released as a single because the promo campaign was stopped after only 2 songs from the album. "Whatever Happens" was planned as the 4th single from Invincible. But still it is my musical dream come true.

BOS: What is this song about, and what do you think is Michael Jackson's version about?

Gil Cang: I love Michael's version. The song is about a girl who discovers that she is pregnant. People mistake the first sentence of the song, it's actually "He gives a nervous smile," not "He gives another smile." It always makes me nervous! They had it wrong in the album booklet.

BOS: Who sings and plays instruments on the demo?

Gil Cang: Geoffrey Williams sings, and I play instruments.

BOS: Who decided to invite Carlos Santana?

Gil Cang: It was their idea.

BOS: When listening to your demo and the final version on Invincible, there is no real difference in melody, text, etc. Why are Teddy Riley and Michael Jackson credited? Was it a copyright issue, as in "Give us credit, otherwise you will never see your song on the album?"

Gil: Exactly.

BOS: Gil, thank you for this short interview, "Whatever Happens" remains one of the major titles on Invincible and it is very much appreciated by the public.

Gil: Thank you.

200 SONGS WORKED ON FOR INVINCIBLE BETWEEN TEDDY AND MJ :air:

Imagine how many jams, ballads, concepts, etc we didn't get :bradley:

Imagine how many songs are actually in his vault :air:

If between 1995/1997 and 2001 they wrote 200 songs :air:

I wonder if we'll hear any of these on Thriller 40 :excited2:

she/her
  • Love 1

Cello

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmZA8VqrxG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"Dear friends. Michael Jackson. We were friends since he visited me in our mountain hut in Sulden in 2001. I asked him for a song, but he wanted to protect his voice. He asked me if I could sing a German song for him. Me??? It was very strange. But he kept insisting. I had to sing Lili Marleen and Sag mir, wo die Blumen sind again and again. Two anti-war songs. With guitar.  Until today I keep thinking about the pillow fights with Michael, Valerie and Françoise at 5 a.m. Michael could not sleep. I think about our meditations together. We had the same mantra. About our Spagetti with Langustinos whose eyes he covered with a serviette because they made him sad. I remember a phone call with my children who were in London at the time and did not know anything about the secret visit of Michael in Sulden. Michael had a long conversation with Freddy about God and the world. Michael called Nathalie, my youngest daughter. But she only laughed at him: "If you are Michael Jackson then I am the Pope." - she said and hung up. Michael came back from the call with Nathalie totally unsettled. We talked a lot about wars which he despised. When he was about to be awarded with a Bambi award in Berlin in the fall of 2002 he was to have a speech. I asked him to say something about the upcoming Iraq war. A big part of the US troops were already in Kuwait. Michael stared at me long and said: "You know that will bring me a lot of flak in the US." I nodded my head. I knew too well. At night at the award ceremony in front of millions of TV viewers Michael said in his speech:
"We are German, French, Italian, Russian, African, Asian, so many nationalities. We are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus. We are black, we are white. We are a big community with so many differences. So complex yet so simple. WE DO NOT NEED WAR!"
Michael, you were a wonderful human being and a one of a kind artist. That is why you were so much hunted like a wounded deer. Destroying the winners is the favourite game of our world. We will never forget you." -Jürgen Todenhöfer, German politician and anti-war activist. (In March 2001, Michael was on vacation in Sulden, Italy)

:heart:

she/her
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
Werewolves Wanted

Hey guys! Stopped in to say… I think Off the Wall may be his best album. It makes me feel like I’m on another plane. 
good well

• YAAAS 1

Cello
17 hours ago, Dirty Diana said:

Hey guys! Stopped in to say… I think Off the Wall may be his best album. It makes me feel like I’m on another plane. 
good well

no lies detected! it's perfect :legend:

I think my holy trinity is HIStory, OTW and Thriller, but I've grown fond of Invincible too 

Edited by Cello
she/her