Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
musician

Michael Jackson

PartySick

Featured Posts

Werewoof
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

This part :giveup:

Also, I recently began to love this song. So pretty. For a while I just kind of skipped it. But I know better now. 

PartySick
9 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

@PartySick that was beautifully written ❤️❤️❤️ A great analysis!!! I myself still respectfully ponder and wonder. However, I really didn’t consider the clubs and such… that’s a yikes for any kid for any sexuality honestly. I can’t even imagine. It probably did something to the older boys too, even if it manifested in different ways (Superfly sister??)

I need to buy biographies of his to do some serious research. But I’m unsure of what’s a good source and what’s just MJ cash grab 

When I took psychology in college we had a whole class dedicated to studying Michael and it was really interesting to view him from that kind of perspective. Until then I had just thought "well, this is my favorite musician, I love him as a person, and I empathize with a lot of stuff he went through". So to peel back that personal relationship I felt and view him from a purely analytical perspective was kind of wild :giveup:

Since then, a lot more info has come out about his life. As far as I know the only official autobiography is Moonwalk. There are tons of unauthorized biographies (now I have to listen to Breaking News :yennefer:) but there's no telling which ones have an agenda to spin.

• Like 1

Werewoof
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

When I took psychology in college we had a whole class dedicated to studying Michael and it was really interesting to view him from that kind of perspective. Until then I had just thought "well, this is my favorite musician, I love him as a person, and I empathize with a lot of stuff he went through". So to peel back that personal relationship I felt and view him from a purely analytical perspective was kind of wild :giveup:

Since then, a lot more info has come out about his life. As far as I know the only official autobiography is Moonwalk. There are tons of unauthorized biographies (now I have to listen to Breaking News :yennefer:) but there's no telling which ones have an agenda to spin.

Gotcha! I can look some up. 
Also, speaking of said track, what’s the consensus in here on the Cascio tracks? 

PartySick
40 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

Gotcha! I can look some up. 
Also, speaking of said track, what’s the consensus in here on the Cascio tracks? 

I think I'm the only one that listens to them :laughga:

I figure he was close to the Cascio family, to the point he called them his second family, so the stuff they did together is legit. That doesn't mean the tracks on Michael are entirely legit, but they're still enjoyable imo. I do give Teddy Riley credit for Breaking News and Monster. I believe him when he said it was his alterations that made Michael's voice sound off in places. There's also the issue that James Porte's voice sounds kinda like Michael's. They sing together in a few songs like Stay and Soldier Boy. These are all jams :music:

All Right
All I Need
Black Widow
Breaking News
Burn Tonight
Fall in Love
Keep Your Head Up
Monster
Ready to Win
Solider Boy
Stay
Water

The only thing I don't believe though is that it's Jason Malachi specifically :sweat: the dude has his own career and while his voice is similar to Michael's because of how heavily MJ influenced him, I don't see him picking up the phone and accepting an offer to slap fake vocals on a posthumous album :sweat:

Honestly, the estate could have avoided a lot of the controversy if they wouldn't insist on remastering his demos for release. They did better with Xscape by releasing the originals. I think if they had done that with Michael, no one would have been making a fuss over anything. Plus the demos are fire anyway :music:

(I hate that they put Jason's name in the title :rip:)

(Ditto here :rip:)

Idk, like many things there's a lot of conflicting info but personally, I enjoy every bit of content :legend:

Werewoof

@PartySick for sure! I don’t know what to believe always either, but they’re enjoyable. I’m a sucker for monster :giveup: I also saw someone theorize that, if anything, a stand in came into bolster the vocals rather than replace them, like in places where Michael may have trailed off or did his demo style where he does gibberish to form the structure. 
Another thing, honestly, is why would the estate/Sony use fake recordings when they had plenty they could have used to fill in those spots, like the tracks off xscape. Like, why pay the extra money to hire someone to fully imitate a song when there’s some lying around?

PartySick
8 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

@PartySick for sure! I don’t know what to believe always either, but they’re enjoyable. I’m a sucker for monster :giveup: I also saw someone theorize that, if anything, a stand in came into bolster the vocals rather than replace them, like in places where Michael may have trailed off or did his demo style where he does gibberish to form the structure.

That or to add in a few adlibs...for whatever reason :spin: there are extra adlibs in the album version of Monster.

9 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

Another thing, honestly, is why would the estate/Sony use fake recordings when they had plenty they could have used to fill in those spots, like the tracks off xscape. Like, why pay the extra money to hire someone to fully imitate a song when there’s some lying around?

And one more thing, if someone can imitate Michael so clearly that even fans are in a debate over whether or not it's him...I feel like that person would be off making money off of that voice :giveup:

But again, I wouldn't put it past them to put fake vocals on an album. Just look at Britney Jean. Most of the vocals on that album aren't even Britney's and she's still alive :rip: so they would definitely do it to MJ.

Werewoof
16 minutes ago, PartySick said:

But again, I wouldn't put it past them to put fake vocals on an album. Just look at Britney Jean. Most of the vocals on that album aren't even Britney's and she's still alive :rip: so they would definitely do it to MJ.

:rip: We take another look at the credits on the Michael album and find microscopic text that says “additional vocals: Myah Marie” 

PartySick
1 minute ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

:rip: We take another look at the credits on the Michael album and find microscopic text that says “additional vocals: Myah Marie” 

Just icon things

britney_spears_myah_marie_nnhasm.jpg

• LMAO 1

Werewoof
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Just icon things

britney_spears_myah_marie_nnhasm.jpg

Now we know how Prince’s estate has been able to put out 20 albums a year :sis: get that bread, Miss Marie 

• LMAO 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

Now we know how Prince’s estate has been able to put out 20 albums a year :sis: get that bread, Miss Marie 

Bowie too :air: seems like every other day I get on Spotify there's a new David Bowie project dropping :rip:

• Like 1

CatelynnMarie

I just kinda wanted to share a beautiful experience I had involving MJ & Gaga.

When Gaga was doing TMBT, she purposefully had MJ's discography playing in whatever venue she was in (to my knowledge). I am a MAJOR MJ fan, have been all my life. MJ was one of the few celeb passings I cried over, so whenever I attended a show (3 times), it was his discography every single time. It was bittersweet, but felt kind of magical. Like it really created a magical atmosphere even more than it was before the show. With each show, she'd be a certain amount of time late to stage and without fail, every single time, Human Nature was ALWAYS the last song played right before the iconic TMBT openings we experienced. Whenever I remember TBMT or even see memorbilia and photos from it, I think of MJ, and his spirit was really there during that tour.

It's just a really beauitful memory I wanted to share as it's one of my favorites 

• Love 3

Werewoof
9 hours ago, PartySick said:

A BOOOOOOOOOOOOP :legend:

This whole playlist f*cks HARD :giveup:

I’ll listen!! I just listened to this supposed streetwalker demo last night and I was jiving 

Cello
8 minutes ago, Max the Lagomorph said:

I feel like I need to change my profile pic to MJ like you both since I talk about him here more than Gaga now :enigma:

Your avi is iconic!

But don't let me put you off, the more MJ the better :D

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Love 1