Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
question

Where is that sound in Alice from? [also music producers plz help!]

lodylody

Featured Posts

lodylody

Where is the chord pluck sound in Alice from (comes in at 1:04)? It sounds so familiar. I think it is also in Cher's Believe (at 0:44), but I'm sure it must be in other songs too?

Spoiler

Also, music producers ( @Dance In The Dark, @ProjectJoanne, @U-GO-BOY, and I'm sure many others): how on earth do I recreate this? I've got the ADSR envelope pretty spot on and the filter in the right place (if there should be a low pass filter and decay cutoff) but I'm not sure I have the right waveform. I guess this is an analogue synth of some sort, but I guess it should be replicable to an extent in a software synth. If anyone knows where the synth patch comes from (in terms of analogue synths), I'd be really grateful. Please, just someone help. I'm going crazy :cryga: 

Jay.P

Idk but I think BloodPop uses the Arturia synths. Might wanna have a look through those!

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Woohoo

Try sampling it from an arcade 8bit-y gun shooting sound effect :enigma: I'm thinking a square synth with a low attack and a slight pitch-down automation?

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

voidfigure

It is a very common pluck synth used in house productions, especially back in the 90s 

Dominic
10 minutes ago, Obman said:

Reminds me of the intro to Freed From Desire:

Same. A classic :giveup:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

It’s a detuned saw wave modulated to sound like a pluck. Very basic sound in pretty much all electronic music

high heeled fem
On 6/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, Dominic said:

Same. A classic :giveup:

Omg I remember this as a kid :udidnt:

Archived