💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rolling Stone:Unranked 50 albums of 2020 so far

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-best-albums-2020-so-far-1012026/fiona-apple-fetch-the-bolt-cutters-1012067/

Lady Gaga, ‘Chromatica’

Chromatica is a return to form, and a return to the dance floor for Lady Gaga. The singles “Stupid Love” and “Rain on Me” have the pop sensibilities of her early hits, and the music throws back to house, disco, and even New Wave, but it still feels like a progression as Gaga sings about rising above past bad romances and her hope for the future. She kept the guest list tight this time, so when Ariana Grande offers up breathy verses, Blackpink rhyme Gaga’s English lyrics in Korean, and Elton John does his best Rocketman on a song about, surprisingly, sine waves, it’s never too distracting. Gaga has crafted a potent antidote to the quarantine blues. K.G. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coolninjaguy

in what world is rare ahead of chromatica... and sawayama not even on the list. chile sawayama should be top 3 period.

edit: sawayama is #30 - i'd rather they had left that masterpiece off of this clown of a chart

Andreu
Just now, coolninjaguy said:

in what world is rare ahead of chromatica... and sawayama not even on the list. chile sawayama should be top 3 period.

Sawayama is on the list

but yeah imagine thinking rare is #3 :bradley: i don't understand why do the critics love it so much when they usually hate pop albums.

FRANZGA

I love Halsey but MANIC is topsy turvy kind of mess.. not comprehensive at all

Where's FUTURE NOSTALGIA?

coolninjaguy
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Sawayama is on the list

but yeah imagine thinking rare is #3 :bradley: i don't understand why do the critics love it so much when they usually hate pop albums.

SAWAYAMA at #30 — that disservice alone discredits this entire list. no offence to rare/chromatica but they really bring nothing new or innovative to the table. gaga is still the superior artists but sawayama is like 10x better than chromatica and actually sounds fresh. i see it as the yeezus/maya of 2020 in terms of challenging the sound of its genre.

RudraCNG
4 minutes ago, panosmonster said:

i can't take seriously a list with Selena at 3 and Gaga at 9. Also where is queen Dua? 

Dua is #6

7 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

I love Halsey but MANIC is topsy turvy kind of mess.. not comprehensive at all

Andreu
5 minutes ago, panosmonster said:

Also where is queen Dua?

7 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

maybe if you click the link... :poot:

it's at 6

Andreu
6 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

SAWAYAMA at #30 — that disservice alone discredits this entire list. no offence to rare/chromatica but they really bring nothing new or innovative to the table. gaga is still the superior artists but sawayama is like 10x better than chromatica and actually sounds fresh. i see it as the yeezus/maya of 2020 in terms of challenging the sound of its genre.

I don't think SAWAYAMA is that good or groundbreaking tbh. It is a very solid pop album and deserved a higher placement, but 10x better than chromatica? nah, don't even think it's better than Chromatica.

Archived