💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it time for Gaga to revisit ARTPOP’s concept?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

I love ARTPOP but it seems so weird listening back. For an album that was supposed to be revealing, and potentially her most diverse work, it kinda falls flat after the music we’ve gotten since. It almost seems like she was too afraid to show all the tricks up her sleeve, and while her aesthetics changed everyday and explored so many genres- the album just wasn’t diverse enough sonically for me. Of corse I’m sure she had some more diverse songs for ACT 2 or even ones that didn’t make the first album, but if we were to just judge solely on what was released I don’t think it’s easy to argue otherwise. And I guess it also has to do with the fact that this was doomed to be a pop album in the end, and she wasn’t really able to explore genres as freely as she has since the release. 

So, now that she’s released two more solo albums and two collab albums, is it time for her to revisit the concept of diversity and lack of cohesiveness in a single album? What would you like to hear from her sonically in it, or would you prefer she continue to create albums with cohesive themes? 

Born in Chromatica

I like the direction she is heading now with more cohesive albums and themes. It really allows you to truly enter the ideas of Lady Gaga during an album, something I feel ARTPOP tried but failed to do as a whole. Although I would love to hear ARTPOP Act 2.

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

Archduchess

Why are you guys so obsessed with ARTPOP? It happened, it was wonderful, now stop, leave it in the past or at least forget about it for 5 minutes

Gretchen GIF by memecandy

Gretchen GIF by memecandy

Lighter

Also. The album is not bad, the media exaggerated just because Gaga was too much with her explanations but it shouldn’t have affected the music. It deserved at least 79 at metacritic rather than 61

NFRatwell
1 minute ago, Lighter said:

Leave ARTPOP alone, she’s a rare gem:popcorn:

I love ARTPOP’s songs but again as an album it just doesn’t seem fulfilling to me. Sis will always have a place in by heart though because it’s the reason I’m a Gaga stan now lol. 

CautiousLurker

Well, I wouldn't mind her revisiting the concept she explored on ARTPOP in a way you put it, but I think I'd be more excited for her to continue building on what she started with ARTPOP and push the boundaries of pop music, bring on more experimental producers and make work that is hopefully less safe and more raw :vegas:

mcphee

I find that between Enigma in Vegas and Chromatica, she seems to be attempting to fulfil a lot of the broken promises of the ARTPOP era. So yeah I'd argue we're currently living through the closest thing to her 'revisiting' it she'll give us. That being said the ethos of ARTPOP lives in every project she does so its kinda a non argument I guess :party:

Allan

This concept of a diverse album is something she might do in the future just because why not but it's not something I'm specifically needing or waiting for. In 8 main studio albums (including ASIB and C2C) we've got dance pop, 80's rock-influenced pop anthems, jazz, country-pop, country-influenced pop/rock and now a eurodisco-influenced album. I can totally see her going stronger with rock, punk, r&b and soul in the future.

HausOfAntonio

We don't need to "revisit" ARTPOP. TRUE ARTPOP stans LIVE and BREATHE ARTPOP every day. :enigma:

Rat Boy

No I don't want her to revist a concept from seven years ago.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Archived