celeb

KJ Apa defends his silence on BLM Protests

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Biden

:ohwell: I mean he doesn't HAVE to do anything. Really, it’s fine if not every celebrity chimes in. Especially if they feel not educated enough on the issue. It’s better to have legit info spread than someone misinformed spew nonsense.

So good for him. Nobody is REQUIRED to speak up and do anything. That’s his right. I mean, he’s not even American so......

I got drunk

Quartz

I mean, speak out if you need to. Calling out people who aren't is not necessary. Silence is their choice. Maybe eventually they will, who knows. 

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Nikolai Barrow

Honestly they have a point. In times like these silence is siding with the oppressors. It's our responsibility to become informed if we are not well educated on the issues. 

COOOK
15 minutes ago, President Biden said:

So good for him. Nobody is REQUIRED to speak up and do anything. That’s his right. I mean, he’s not even American so......

This is what privilege means though...

RenegAde

He doesn't  need to say anything if he doesn't want to

Personally, I'm getting tired of seeing all these public figures and their hot takes . Its not helping anyone that your fav posted about  BLM

Suuus
Just now, RenegAde said:

He doesn't  need to say anything if he doesn't want to

Personally, I'm getting tired of seeing all these public figures and their hot takes . Its not helping anyone that your fav posted about  BLM

Say that to the people here who demanded gaga to say something or do something 

BillieGOAT

I think people should take celebrities’ silence as whatever they would like, and then move on.

There’s no use in bashing people for not posting on social media because you don’t know what they’re doing for the movement behind closed doors. It is more productive to praise the celebrities that are supporting the movement and then continue to push for change. Distracting yourself with tearing down famous people who might not be supporting BLM in the way that you would like them to is not doing the movement any favors

RenegAde
4 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Say that to the people here who demanded gaga to say something or do something 

I wanted gaga to say something about the issue but i would never "demand" it

ZiggyZiggs
29 minutes ago, President Biden said:

:ohwell: I mean he doesn't HAVE to do anything. Really, it’s fine if not every celebrity chimes in. Especially if they feel not educated enough on the issue. It’s better to have legit info spread than someone misinformed spew nonsense.

he isnt required to do anything but we the people are free to call him out on it too, and call him out we will

codymonster

Yes, let’s attack someone for not speaking out, that’ll make things better :laughga: I agree, people should use their voices, but let’s not attack or call out people who don’t choose to. We have no idea their reasoning, and have no idea what they ACTUALLY are doing. Let’s stay focused on the actual problem and the people using their voices for evil; not whether KJ Apa is tweeting or not :messga:

NFRatwell
19 minutes ago, radioactive said:

silence=violence

ESPECIALLY when you’re a white celebrity.

KJ is mixed. On top of that, when have y’all spoken up against the treatment of natives in New Zealand and the pacific in general? Are y’all suddenly supporting all that’s been done to them because you haven’t posted about it before? Can I see your posts and support for the natives that live in West Papua? These double standards are so easy to point out. It’s not this guy’s responsibility to be vocal about every global issue, and that goes for you also. 

BUtterfield 8

Lol goodbye if you’re silent you’re part of the problem 

unless you are being threatened to stay silent, speak up please

we need your voice 

Archived