Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Better Follow-Up To Born This Way?

Isidro Guevara

Better Follow up?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Better Follow-Up To Born This Way?

• Marry The Night
    • Single Prayer (Scheiße)
    • Yoü And I

Featured Posts

Isidro Guevara

I don't know if you guys are like me but whenever there's an era, I like the singles to "connect" in some way. Have a similar theme and continue expanding it through the singles until the very end. 

The follow up to Born This Way  was Judas. BTW deals with empowering and accepting yourself as you are whereas Judas is about betrayal. These two don't really connect theme wise nor did they connect through the visuals/MV. 

It is to my understanding that Marry The Night, Single Prayer(Scheiße), and to a certain extent, Yoü And I could've been better follow-ups. MTN deals with overcoming obstacles and marrying/accepting the imperfect part of yourself and therefore becoming a better person. Very similar to BTW. Scheiße is an empowerment anthem about wanting to be a stronger person while rejecting all the social norms. Again very similar. Now Yoü And I is a love ballad but Gaga played the drag/mermaid part of it expanding on the universe of BTW. Mermaids are known to be a strong part of the LGBT and drag is also popular. 

If it was up to you, which song do you think would have been a better follow up to the lead single Born This Way? Discuss!!!

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

GerMonsterNotta

Scheiße could have smashed.

But at the same time I love how its a quality fan fave.

Isidro Guevara
Just now, funkyhaus said:

The Edge of Glory 

It's a triumphant song but it is about death. Doesn't really tie in with BTW as a follow-up.

raragaga

source.gif

xoxo

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich

Who calls Scheiße: single prayer?

Iug, You ruined my night 🤮

Isidro Guevara
2 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Who calls Scheiße: single prayer?

Iug, You ruined my night 🤮

Just to prove to those who don't believe it could've been a single and show them that it could! Just a tweak on the title and you got a smash hit!:trollga:

Miel

I think a BTW-MTN-TEOG would have been an incredible triple-punch. U&I, maybe Hair, and a few other singles, could have easily followed.

Although, without Judas, we wouldn't be where we are at today!

3 points in and ready for more

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
1 minute ago, Isidro Guevara said:

Just to prove to those who don't believe it could've been a single and show them that it could! Just a tweak on the title and you got a smash hit!:trollga:

Yaasss is a smash song. The single that got away :c

Archived