Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lady Antebellum Change Band Name: “We Are Deeply Sorry”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

LadariousGarage
2 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

Which means it brings about a certain image of plantations with slaves working in the fields. In fact, the South Antebellum is also called the Plantation Era

When people use the term Antebellum its usually a style of clothing, or a house style

I mean I understand where they came from, but nobody really asked, plus their name really wasn't that offensive

Lets do it baby I know the Law

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT
12 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

A) Every fan I know calls them Lady A anyways, and has done for years

B) Antebellum= pre-war, not just Civil War (they also said that they named it after a housing style, so not directly related to CW at all)

C) Are we now going to pretend that before 1860 just doesn't exist and never happened?

C) No, were going to recognize the history before 1860 and LEARN from it. Aka what Lady A just did

Purr more, hiss less.

14 minutes ago, weed said:

I thought they'd be removing the Lady in honor of Gaga

lol this comment made my day :ladyhaha:

JRCF29
2 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

When people use the term Antebellum its usually a style of clothing, or a house style

I mean I understand where they came from, but nobody really asked, plus their name really wasn't that offensive

They were named after the housing style, it's where they did their first photoshoot

Don't Call Me Gaga

When will Gaga finally change her name to Lady G because Gaga offends mentally challenged people? :flutter:

Seeka
8 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Wait, what does antebellum even mean tho

While other people have explained it, it's highly associated with what I call the Victorian era of the south. It's the era of the Southern Gothic. 

I think it's a little ridiculous though. 

whore
2 minutes ago, Gagi said:

When will Gaga finally change her name to Lady G because Gaga offends mentally challenged people? :flutter:

She named herself after babbling babies so it's okay :vegas:

LaLa
13 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Wait, what does antebellum even mean tho

Antebellum mean pre-war, and in the US "Antebellum South" is used to describe the period of time before the civil war. It is often glamorized by... certain groups as "the good old days" when in fact it included slavery, so it wasn't actually good :poot:

The band is obviously recognizing that that glamorization and nostalgia can be painful for lot of people and don't want to be associated with it

Sneaky Oliver

and all this time i didn't know antebellum was an actual word, i thought it was the girl's surname 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

MJHolland
25 minutes ago, Slovakialop said:

This political correctness is too much

Being considerate about other people's feelings isn't controversial unless you're a jackass

Pennywise
4 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Antebellum mean pre-war, and in the US "Antebellum South" is used to describe the period of time before the civil war. It is often glamorized by... certain groups as "the good old days" when in fact it included slavery, so it wasn't actually good :poot:

The band is obviously recognizing that that glamorization and nostalgia can be painful for lot of people and don't want to be associated with it

Now it makes more sense, English is my second language so I always thought it was just a random niche word :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

2School4Cool

Honestly, good for them! It always makes me happy to see people trying to educate themselves further. Plus, they’ve already been known by their fans as Lady A, so I think that’s a simple yet effective change. 

See The Best In Everyone

Galactic Mess

I thought antebellum was some abstract reference to a peaceful era before all wars started. Had no idea this was tied to US history lol

Anyway, good for them.

NathanC
42 minutes ago, Slovakialop said:

This political correctness is too much

Are you a racist or just unaware of the association with that term? 

THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!

Literally named after a type of house, yet because it's a hononym here we are.

I'm actually impressed we are making people into clowns so easily.

Though this will come back to bite, as soon all black history will be gone. Well done guys.

Archived