Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Celebs are at it again (BLM)

Babel

Featured Posts

FlopSlurper

there was nothing wrong with that imagine cover (except their vocals not sounding good) and nothing wrong with this either. it's not like this is the first and only time they are acknowledging this issue.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franch Toast

I think this is more productive than just singing "Imagine," but this is super cringeworthy and melodramatic. I wish they would've listed some resources and used this as an opportunity to amplify black voices like Gaga's been doing instead of just having a bunch of white people say they take responsibility and enough is enough while trying to sound serious and solemn. Hell, having people speak more genuinely and unscripted would've been more meaningful, but this sounds so fake and like the worst acting ever, and some of them clearly didn't memorize their lines. 

Apparently this was funded by the NAACP, who is encouraging everyone to make these videos. 

She/Her/Hers

flyaway
6 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

there was nothing wrong with that imagine cover (except their vocals not sounding good) and nothing wrong with this either. it's not like this is the first and only time they are acknowledging this issue.

It's shallow...they only do it because they need to feel better with themselves. It doesn't come as a genuine gesture.

The imagine video, multimillionaires singing about having "no possessions" while they quarantine from their mansions...how considerate of them

Ziggy

The amount of acting going on here hahahahaha people forget that those annoying actors in your school? They can be these folx :ladyhaha:

FlopSlurper
2 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

It's shallow...they only do it because they need to feel better with themselves. It doesn't come as a genuine gesture.

The imagine video, multimillionaires singing about having "no possessions" while they quarantine from their mansions...how considerate of them

as I said, it's not like this is the first and only time they are acknowledging this issue

and it's not like imagine is only about having no possessions, it has other messages too. Gaga sang it too, should she get dragged?

The Imagine cover was cringy because it didn't say anything, but tbh I like this. It's just bringing more awareness. If you try to reject everything because it's not 'your way'... that's cringy.

flyaway
3 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

as I said, it's not like this is the first and only time they are acknowledging this issue

and it's not like imagine is only about having no possessions, it has other messages too. Gaga sang it too, should she get dragged?

The message comes like: "Oh, we're all the same, we're together in this". "This pandemics is the perfect equalizer, we're all the same". But it's false, their bubblegum reality is definitely not the same of a person who works every day and that has struggled during this time of pandemics for not being able to work and getting money to pay for their bills. 

Same with the race issue. "Oh, look how I'm woke and take full responsibility".

They lack a sense of reality tbh. 

I like the sentiment but I hope they all donated at least.

A lot of celebs will jump on social issues that are trending for a boost in their career or protect their career, so yeah can't trust em. They also crave attention and can't handle a moment without their face or name in the media

vyniildisk

i am so afraid to even click on this thread because no matter what you write some people could find it offensive, others dont.  I genuinely asked the question (word by word) "Who is being transphobic" in the transphobic thread, like a real question and some users find it offensive that i was asking because apparently that is a big issue here in GGD? not that i see it, i always see people here celebriting diversity of all types, embracing other cultures, races, nationalities, that why i was curious and i asked the question but now idk in wich way i can interact in these threads. I probably should voice an opinion when i have a prior proper knowledge of the situation. I am mexican and in my country we have a racism problem but its roots and history are different from the ones in UK or USA, so i can't give an opinion on this type threads based solely on my experience with the racism in my country plus some might say it doesn't concern me either and i should focus on my own country problems. It is a very confusing topic, specially from a foreigners point of view. 

River
35 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

do they really need the fake dramatic voice?

I think it's like when we gossip on someone with someone inside our house, far from that person, but still whispers for some unknown reason, like the person can hear you :spin:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Agunimon

Honestly the only sincere one in that video seemed to be Sarah Paulson. It sounded like she was speaking from the heart, with anger. 

Archived