celeb

J.K. Rowling defends speaking out on trans issues

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

God Control
Just now, Electric Mary said:

Non binary logic: I dont feel like a man or a woman 

Also non binary: falls into the gender stereotypes/norms

This is what I’ve been wondering about. I hear a lot of people identify as non-binary yet I find them most of the time associating with typically feminine gender identity representation elements. I’m not one to judge  what people do with themselves, but I’m just curious as to why it always has to be associated with women when it’s “agender” or “non-conforming”

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
2 minutes ago, God Control said:

Huh?

I only asked you a question. You can choose not to reply. It’s a public forum, and the topic at hand here thay JK Rowling is discussing was men who require only their word to prove their gender identity and get a certificate for it.

You've been inferring things from my responses ("so you think...") that I haven't said.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
1 minute ago, God Control said:

This is what I’ve been wondering about. I hear a lot of people identify as non-binary yet I find them most of the time associating with typically feminine gender identity representation elements. I’m not one to judge  what people do with themselves, but I’m just curious as to why it always has to be associated with women when it’s “agender” or “non-conforming”

Speak for yourself. That's sample bias unless you have a study. I know masc presenting nb people.

God Control
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

Speak for yourself. That's sample bias unless you have a study. I know masc presenting nb people.

So? I didn’t say everyone’s like that lol. 

derpmonster

She says: "We’re living through the most misogynistic period I’ve experienced."

gaga thoughts GIF

Sure, Joanne (that's her actual name unfortunately). Sure now is worse in misogyny than the 80s and before were.

derpmonster
Just now, God Control said:

So? I didn’t say everyone’s like that lol. 

Your quote:

"I’m just curious as to why it always has to be associated with women when it’s “agender” or “non-conforming”"

God Control
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

Your quote:

"I’m just curious as to why it always has to be associated with women when it’s “agender” or “non-conforming”"

Yeah?? 

God Control
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

She says: "We’re living through the most misogynistic period I’ve experienced."

gaga thoughts GIF

Sure, Joanne (that's her actual name unfortunately). Sure now is worse in misogyny than the 80s and before were.

God forbids a woman feels unsafe and she has to be spit on in every time period 

derpmonster
1 minute ago, God Control said:

God forbids a woman feels unsafe and she has to be spit on in every time period 

I don't know why you don't seem to understand words like "most" and "always".

God Control
Just now, derpmonster said:

I don't know why you don't seem to understand words like "most" and "always".

It was based on what I’ve seen. It’s not like there are that many non-binary people you see every day. It was one in a French show and Sam Smith for me 

elijahfan

This has low-key been a rollercoaster for me and it's taken my a while to find the words... JK Rowling is one of the persons I admire most in the world, she's shaped the person I am today in many ways and I found myself struggling trying to understand her point of view and her reasons for speaking up about an issue that apparently seemed to have very little to do with her life experience. I'm really glad she wrote that essay, as the issue being discussed definitely needed more than just a couple tweets. I'm not agreeing with everything she says, as I have my own personal experience with gender dysphoria and trans issues, but I do understand where she's coming from and I believe we should be able to discuss those things peacefully, especially since her stance is in no way fueled by hate, but a wish to protect all parties involved. As far as I see, the only people being unnecessarily hateful and calling for anyone's death are her detractors.

I don't believe there's a single mean bone in JK's body, and I think she means well. But this is a very complex issue, and unfortunately her words did hurt people, which I'm sure wasn't her intention at all. Sexuality and gender are some of the most complex issues at hand, as they directly deal with the human psyche, which we, as of today, still don't fully understand. She isn't questioning trans people's right to exist and to live their life the way they want, she's actually not even questioning the fact that trans women are women - she's just very protective of the "female experience" for all the reasons she's detailed, and it's also a stance that's very much territorially rooted as it's a response to current British politics I had never heard of, and that I myself strongly disagree with. Gender is not a joke, nor a costume, but a complex psychological construct.

What's breaking my heart is that actual transphobes and bigots have found resonance in some parts of her speech, being too ignorant and stupid to actually get the subtleties of the discussion. I think JK might have taken people for more clever than they are, believing she could possibly discuss gender issues on Twitter in 2020. Hopefully that essay can restore her character in the eyes of people who were disappointed by her initial statements. She's not an enemy, she's literally telling us all why it's important to care, and why she cares for very specific and valid reasons.

Wolf Boy
2 minutes ago, Hanavel said:

I don't know her

Harry Potter was created by Hatsune Miku

What?

Hanavel
3 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

What?

It's an inner joke from the Spanish community in Twitter, don't worry. Every single time she makes an statement against trans people, 'Hatsune Miku' starts trending because 'Hatsune Miku wrote Harry Potter' and not J.K. 

swooning

She has blocked all replies to her absolute mess of an essay.

Here's an informative thread for people who seem to see no issue with the drivel she wrote:

Archived