Beyoncé to secure $100M deal for 3 Disney films

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suuus
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

I don’t know even one OG TLK fan that liked this remake lmao it’s successful only because it’s a Disney production.

Have you also seen the legend of mowgly if so did you like it i didnt 

Suuus
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

I remember when Disney made original content. 

Yeah those were good times

RahrahWitch

I hope she gets a unique role because I could see her getting cast as a Calm motherly/authoritative figure which to me will just be Beyonce as Beyonce.

jimmytimestep
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

The soundtrack was an abysmal flop, that's why it's weird to see Disney allegedly getting out of their way to secure more Beyoncé collaborations.

Disney also has a track record of working with people they like over and over again. Even if it doesn't always hit a mega-profitable benchmark, if it makes money, and they enjoyed the process of working with an artist, they bring them back. Once they've built relationships with an artists' team, they like to simplify processes and get things done quickly.

Think about it - how many movies has Alan Menken done for them? And Randy Newman? And even on the smaller scale, I know a character actor that has done The Lion King for them on tour and on Broadway, workshopped Newsies with them, and then played Jafar on the tour of Aladdin and eventually on Broadway. And he is not a "name".

They must just really like Bey and her team, and are hopeful they will land a real smash together.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

Disney also has a track record of working with people they like over and over again. Even if it doesn't always hit a mega-profitable benchmark, if it makes money, and they enjoyed the process of working with an artist, they bring them back. Once they've built relationships with an artists' team, they like to simplify processes and get things done quickly.

Think about it - how many movies has Alan Menken done for them? And Randy Newman? And even on the smaller scale, I know a character actor that has done The Lion King for them on tour and on Broadway, workshopped Newsies with them, and then played Jafar on the tour of Aladdin and eventually on Broadway. And he is not a "name".

They must just really like Bey and her team, and are hopeful they will land a real smash together.

There's a difference between being loyal and enjoying working with someone, and offering them $100 million to snatch another collab.

jimmytimestep
Just now, elijahfan said:

There's a difference between being loyal and enjoying working with someone, and offering them $100 million to snatch another collab.

that's true, but in the end, $100 mil is not all THAT much for a mega-conglomerate like Disney. And Bey has the clout to negotiate for such a price. And from what I understand, it's for multiple projects, not just one.

Suuus
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I didn't even bother going to see it, that's how much I cared about it... And I'm a 90s kid who grew up with Disney and its Renaissance era and owned everything on VHS. Sometimes I wonder what good old Walt would think if he saw what they did to his empire... Going from groundbreaking entertainment to soulless safe money grabs.

Have you aslo seen the legend of mowgly i did and i hate it its was way too serious and way too be a Disney movie

jimmytimestep
Just now, Twitter said:

So much Beyoncé hate in this thread. :triggered:

right? let the woman live and be rich af

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Suuus said:

Have you aslo seen the legend of mowgly i did and i hate it its was way too serious and way too be a Disney movie

I saw the Jungle Book in 2016 but not Mowgli, though it was made by Andy Serkis, whom I adore. It's worth mentioning that Mowgli is actually not a Disney movie, but was produced by Warner Bros. and Netflix. It's not a remake, but rather a retelling of the original Rudyard Kipling stories, which might explain why the tone was more mature. I'm just assuming, like I said I haven't seen it, but I might.

liquidsunshine
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

She is literally the queen of cash grabs and yet y'all  come for gaga 

Cash grab by making more music????? which is her career????

Suuus
Just now, elijahfan said:

I saw the Jungle Book in 2016 but not Mowgli, though it was made by Andy Serkis, whom I adore. It's worth mentioning that Mowgli is actually not a Disney movie, but was produced by Warner Bros. and Netflix. It's not a remake, but rather a retelling of the original Rudyard Kipling stories, which might explain why the tone was more mature. I'm just assuming, like I said I haven't seen it, but I might.

Im surprised that Disney gave them permission to make it sinds Disney is the king of copyright claims

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, Twitter said:

So much Beyoncé hate in this thread. :triggered:

Not sucking up to everything Beyoncé does isn't hating her - given her last Disney collaboration wasn't an overwhelming success, it's legitimate to be surprised to see Disney getting out of their way to collaborate with her again. That's literally all.

YourCureness

100M for soundtracks for 3 movies? Hmm what?

They don't even offer their biggest movie stars that much money. Why would they offer that much for 3 soundtracks?

Archived