Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Avicii's posthumous album Tim turns one

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

Excatly a year ago, Avicii's posthumous album Tim was released. The album featured the songs he had been working in during the last months of his life (January-March 2018) and a couple tracks from before, including the highly anticipated, fan favourite Heaven, which he started playing in early 2015 and was supposed to appear in his second studio album Stories. Avicii collaborators such as Salem Al Fakir and Vincent Pontare (Vargas & Lagola), Krisoffer Folgelmark (aka Bonn), Albin Nedler and Carl Falk gave the songs a final touch. The album was promoted through three singles: SOS (with Aloe Blacc), released in April; Tough Love (with Vargas & Lagola and Agnes Carlsson) and Heaven.

The album received a mixed reception from both the fans and the critics, but at the end of the day, getting to hear new music by the swedish musician for a last time was the best piece of news most of his fans could ever receive. In my opinion this is very different from most posthumous releases from other artists, because these are not songs the label found looking through the archives of his unreleased stuff, but songs he had the intention to release as a part of his next album. Anyways, stream Tough Love, in my opinion the best song in the album and one of the best releases from last year: Tough Love :ally:

What are your thoughts on this album? Do you still listen to it frequently?

Curunir

I remember I listened to it once and that's it. I know these are songs he worked on but they're not songs he himself finished, unfortunately. And that is probably the reason why I didn't like them as much, at least on first listen.

That being said I should probably give this album another chance. I miss Avicii :(

Andreu
21 minutes ago, Curunir said:

I remember I listened to it once and that's it. I know these are songs he worked on but they're not songs he himself finished, unfortunately. And that is probably the reason why I didn't like them as much, at least on first listen.

That being said I should probably give this album another chance. I miss Avicii :(

I think the problem is not that he was not the one who finished the songs, but that half of the album feels unfinished. His team could have easily finished the songs "more", give them "avicii melodic progrssive drops" and release a totally fan-service album. But I think they left the songs the way they were and just added/improved the vocals.

Curunir
11 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I think the problem is not that he was not the one who finished the songs, but that half of the album feels unfinished. His team could have easily finished the songs "more", give them "avicii melodic progrssive drops" and release a totally fan-service album. But I think they left the songs the way they were and just added/improved the vocals.

That actually explains why I liked what Kygo did with Forever Yours:

Sure, it has Kygo's spin to it, but it feels "finished" and Avicii to the core :heart:

Archived