💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling blasted for saying "people who menstruate"

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Many people are calling out “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling for a series of anti-trans tweets on Saturday afternoon.

Rowling’s latest controversy began when she commented on an article from Devex, a media platform for the global development community, titled “Opinion: Creating a more equal post-COVID-19 world for people who menstruate.”

“‘People who menstruate.’ I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?” Rowling tweeted.

People on Twitter immediately called Rowling’s comments “anti-trans” and “transphobic” as transgender people, non-binary people and gender-nonconforming people can also menstruate. Rowling followed that tweet up by criticizing the idea that someone’s biological sense isn’t real.

“If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth,” she wrote. “The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women — ie, to male violence – ‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences — is a nonsense.”

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/jk-rowling-transphobic-tweets-controversy-1234627081/

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

TheQueenLG

I think this was ap...

But, yeah, her ignorance is mind-blowing. 

Hybrid AT
Miss Rowling...

giphy.gif
"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

CautiousLurker
6 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

I think this was ap...

But, yeah, her ignorance is mind-blowing. 

My thread was closed :bradley:

But on the upside, someone else can deal with all the transphobes on GGD :enigma:

Rat Boy

Can she stop?

Ralph Fiennes Stare GIF by Harry Potter

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Hybrid AT
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Fun fact: JK Rolling's actual name is Joanne :enigma:

Wbk and it's trending :bradley:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Wbk and it's trending :bradley:

Too bad its not the album :bradley:

End Racism Now

Awakened M

This stupid bitch.

I said what I said. She needs to understand whatever she's trying to discuss, but evidently she is just reacting unintellectually.

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

MANiCURE 6

I used to follow her on Twitter etc but then she started being really annoying and problematic... So I unfollowed her.

I still love you JK for Harry Potter and Fantastic Beats but other than that... girl... You really have some issues.

Or I guess she's just not really informed about everything and just speak without thinking of any consequences.... :saladga:

Interlude

Already reached 10 pages of discussion, read all about it here.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Serial Chiller

She's lost her mind. And to think I still have a section full of HP stuff on my bookshelf. Those books taught me the English language and more. 

Guess it's time to kill my hero. 

TheQueenLG

Sex IS real. Maybe she is talking about claims that the sex binary isn't real. Sex is on a spectrum that is organized bimodally... Maybe she doesn't understand that...?

I, for one, do not see much utility in designating a sex to babies because a significant portion of the population has at least one primary sex characteristic that cannot be neatly sorted into boxes of male or female... But that is a WHOLE different conversation. 

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived