⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
economy

Delta To Stop Flying To 11 Locations

JRCF29

Delta Airlines, a major U.S carrier, has announced pandemic-induced cuts in the fleet’s routes. Across America, 11 routes will be stopped indefinitely including cities in Maine, North Carolina, and California. Full story below 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/delta-says-it-will-stop-flying-to-11-us-cities-indefinitely-—-heres-the-full-list/ar-BB155S5p

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1

LateToCult

The well-known cities that are gonna lose a line are Santa Barbara, Aspen, and Flint if anyone is interested.

• Thanks 3

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

The well-known cities that are gonna lose a line are Santa Barbara, Aspen, and Flint if anyone is interested.

Not fly to SB ain’t the end of the world. It’s not that bad of a drive from LA. Assuming you live here 

LateToCult
24 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Not fly to SB ain’t the end of the world. It’s not that bad of a drive from LA. Assuming you live here 

It’s not like you can’t fly to Santa Barbara. You just can’t fly Delta.

HotLikeMexico
1 minute ago, LateToCult said:

It’s not like you can’t fly to Santa Barbara. You just can’t fly Delta.

My comment was directly just on Delta solely since that’s what the topic was about. 

• Like 2

Maleficent
47 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

okay no not happening r u crazy i’m not spending 5 hours sitting on the PCH imagining an earthquake hitting and a tidal wave rushing in 

Well well
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Bad for their costumers. I feel for them.

Personally I usually fly AA, Southwest, or Alaska

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ visual ♥ rock ♥ and ♥ metal ♥ kind ♥ of ♥ guy ♥
  • Like 1

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

okay no not happening r u crazy i’m not spending 5 hours sitting on the PCH imagining an earthquake hitting and a tidal wave rushing in 

Um... it’s only an hour and a half hour drive. Why would you take PCH? That your fault that its taking you that long. 

pachinko
2 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

My comment was directly just on Delta solely since that’s what the topic was about. 

Drag him. :grr:

HotLikeMexico
3 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Drag him. :grr:

Oh no. It wasnt a drag. I didn’t mean what I wrote to be abrasive if it came off that way. 

pachinko
1 minute ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Oh no. It wasnt a drag. I didn’t mean what I wrote to be abrasive if it came off that way. 

Aww. I'll put my pitchfork away. :noparty:

HotLikeMexico
8 hours ago, pachinko said:

Aww. I'll put my pitchfork away. :noparty:

The other comment was tho. So you can bring it back out sis. 

Economy

Air travel is gonna be a disaster when it comes back.

There's gonna be a lot of reduces capacity from bankrupt airlines and cuts on available routes and surviving companies trying to recover

Expect air fares to surge in prices :messga:

Dayman
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Air travel is gonna be a disaster when it comes back.

There's gonna be a lot of reduces capacity from bankrupt airlines and cuts on available routes and surviving companies trying to recover

Expect air fares to surge in prices :messga:

I give it 5 years max before it recovers. If airlines could recover after 9/11 I feel like Coronavirus will be nothing in comparison. Once things are normal for a bit longer the demand will be back - hopefully the airlines learn something from this pandemic and have better plans in place should something unexpected happen again. [Most likely they won't learn anything though. :ohwell:]

Economy
19 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I give it 5 years max before it recovers. If airlines could recover after 9/11 I feel like Coronavirus will be nothing in comparison. Once things are normal for a bit longer the demand will be back - hopefully the airlines learn something from this pandemic and have better plans in place should something unexpected happen again. [Most likely they won't learn anything though. :ohwell:]

I beg to differ. The impact from corona is even greater than 9/11. I would expect bankrupcies and damage to be even higher

Even the biggest airlines that had better profit margins are struggling right now

Take Air Canada for example. It was always a top performer in an otherwise competitive industry with tight profit margins and even they are struggling AF right now

Air Transat which is the company ive used the most times is also in serious trouble right now

Look at the largest Latin Airline (I forget the name now). They are facing likely bankruptcy and they were the biggest company in South America

This makes 9/11 look like nothing