Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Emma Watson speaks out after backlash for her BLM posts

COOOK

Featured Posts

Saint Gaga
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Dragged by who though? Its mostly SJW's types or white people, not actual activists and people protesting. This is bedroom activism where people know the history of every problematic thing celebrities do, but know nothing about their politicians and government. They know nothing about systemic oppression and black history in America. But they will educate you and give you every reason why Lana Del Rey is a problem in American culture lol

Nah...most of the people dragging her were POC, I've seen it

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HookerDotGov

If you're going to speak, have it be meaningful and effective. I love that Lady Gaga took days to really think about how she can best use her platform and voice to benefit the movement. The "blackout tuesday" movement in general was highly criticized because it often misplaced useful information with black boxes saying nothing (blacking out the actual movement). Watson wasn't the only one, but honestly, if you're going to post in solidarity with a movement...doing so in a manner that won't "ruin" your Instagram aesthetic is tacky. This movement is bigger than an Instagram aesthetic. I mean, could not one of those black boxes had directions for how to donate to causes, an in memoriam for black lives lost to police violence? I agree that it's not the most egregious and disrespectful thing, but Watson and a lot of other celebs could really take note of Lady Gaga's decision to step back, evaluate, and then act effectively...

Monster647

American Left is really going back in time. As a liberal, I can make a strong case that they should not be called liberals.  

All they do is force people into actions perceived to be favorable for an imagined group identity. Which is an antidote to autonomous individual who can think for himself/herself rationally which is the foundation of liberal thought and enlightenment. Any solution to complex problems will require holistic thinking about every aspect that can constitute or even cross effect the root cause(s) of the problem. Forcing people to say stuff couldn’t be further away from facilitating solutions through allowing competent people to think and speak freely to actually find solutions. 

Vergil

GGD being GGD and not understanding a f-ing thing about BLM. 

Vergil
42 minutes ago, Monster647 said:

American Left is really going back in time. As a liberal, I can make a strong case that they should not be called liberals.  

All they do is force people into actions perceived to be favorable for an imagined group identity. Which is an antidote to autonomous individual who can think for himself/herself rationally which is the foundation of liberal thought and enlightenment. Any solution to complex problems will require holistic thinking about every aspect that can constitute or even cross effect the root cause(s) of the problem. Forcing people to say stuff couldn’t be further away from facilitating solutions through allowing competent people to think and speak freely to actually find solutions. 

ok bootlicker

MANiCURE 6

I love her so much.... :queenga:

She's the QUEEN. Don't try to cancel her for three black squares.

Suuus
9 minutes ago, Vergil said:

ok bootlicker

What about this comment makes this person a bootlicker

Economy
3 hours ago, codymonster said:

Now THIS is stupid. Focus on the real problem, this is how we SCARE people from trying to help, by picking them apart. She clearly is showing her support, move along :icega:

The strongest and most vocal activists are pros at doing that tbh. They don't seem to realize that by constantly nit picking at every little thing or dragging people or constantly cancelling everyone that does something not perfect they are just making the progressive movement look stupid and extra

It neither helps ignorant people start to understand the cause when it's promoted in such a toxic culture, and it doesn't help people with platforms that are afraid of getting dragged so they may choose to do nothing at all

How many celebrities have said "I'm afraid if saying the wrong thing". The fact that so many feel that way should make activists really think of how they promote equality because they are taking it to a level that backfires especially on social media

It's time we focus on the real problems. The racism, the sexism, the oppression, the wealth inequality, the xenophobia, the homophobia etc etc etc

Complaining about details like a border on a post, that's not it :rip:

Wolf Boy
5 hours ago, Suuus said:

What about this comment makes this person a bootlicker

Nothing, but if someone doesn’t scream boot licker or open your purse for one day the world might end i guess.

MonsterofFame
7 hours ago, codymonster said:

Now THIS is stupid. Focus on the real problem, this is how we SCARE people from trying to help, by picking them apart. She clearly is showing her support, move along :icega:

THIS.

If I were a white celebrity I would be afraid to post anything because some people will always try to make you the bad guy.

ToxicHot

This is stupid as ****.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Economy
6 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

THIS.

If I were a white celebrity I would be afraid to post anything because some people will always try to make you the bad guy.

That's just for anything racial related.

But in general celebrities as a whole are held to an impossible standard. A poor choice of words and even if it's obvious what they meant they gotta get "cancelled"

If they donate $1 Million to a cause... "ThaTs NoTHiNG tO thEm ThAtS LiKE mE DoNatINg $20, ThiNk We sHoULd PraIsE ThAT PriVelEdgEd TrAsh????" (Coming out of the mouth of someone who probably didn't donate $20 in most cases)

People really gotta stop :toofunny:

Ack1234
6 hours ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

If you're going to speak, have it be meaningful and effective. I love that Lady Gaga took days to really think about how she can best use her platform and voice to benefit the movement. The "blackout tuesday" movement in general was highly criticized because it often misplaced useful information with black boxes saying nothing (blacking out the actual movement). Watson wasn't the only one, but honestly, if you're going to post in solidarity with a movement...doing so in a manner that won't "ruin" your Instagram aesthetic is tacky. This movement is bigger than an Instagram aesthetic. I mean, could not one of those black boxes had directions for how to donate to causes, an in memoriam for black lives lost to police violence? I agree that it's not the most egregious and disrespectful thing, but Watson and a lot of other celebs could really take note of Lady Gaga's decision to step back, evaluate, and then act effectively...

I’ve read gaga got quite a lot of stick for comments she made .i think she’s great but people can twist anything said .

PartySick
14 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah like black people care about Emma Watson instagram while black people are actually dying.

Bet you 95% of the outraged people are white :rip:

If anyone actually cares about this then they need to get their priorities straight.

Archived