💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga want to heal her father with Joanne

Lighter

Featured Posts

Ally Campana
3 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

Multiple reviewers who aren’t “the gays that want to thrash Joanne” called the Grandma scene uncomfortable and awkward. But go off I guess 

Where did I say it was exclusive to f words? Maybe read properly, comprehend what is written and then come again sweetheart. :excuseu:

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robo Ga
3 hours ago, Ally Campana said:

Where did I say it was exclusive to f words? Maybe read properly, comprehend what is written and then come again sweetheart. :excuseu:

I literally quoted what you said hahahaha  

đŸ€–âšĄïž

djBuffoon
7 hours ago, derpmonster said:

I think the grandma scene from FF2 is a bit misunderstood. The grandma comes from a different culture - she's actually Italian. She's lived with the loss for so long. Some people cope by bottling it up which is the direction the grandma seemed to be going imo. I don't think she was uncomfortable that it was being shared; she just didn't want to confront it again herself.

All of this. I was also raised in an Italian household, and grief is a very different process for my grandparents and their generation than it is for me. My grandmother, for instance, has lost so many people that she grew up with, nearly everyone, and you'd never know it because she just doesn't allow herself to go there. When someone else passes, she nods and accepts it, and carries on. I can't do that.

PlasticDollGirl

Yeah it was to heal her father which is beautiful but the grandma scene in five foot two was cringe. :awkney:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Ally Campana
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

I literally quoted what you said hahahaha  

And where did I say it was exclusive to f words? Hahaha :awkney:. I guess you need another round of reading my post.

Does it matter? Damage is done

March34th
13 hours ago, Lighter said:

I’m heartbroken knowing Gaga put all those effort into healing her family just for her father to absorb nothing from it. And it caused her further depression. Let’s say Gaga is musically inclined and she probably thought the way music heals her is the way music can heal her father. Did she assume that hearing a song will send her father to cloud 9. I’m also thinking, didn’t Gaga think all throughout that maybe she could be unpacking alot of trauma to her family by releasing the album. It’s sad cause her intentions were so pure and so beautiful but I think she undermined the level of trauma that comes into losing a family member and witnessing it. Healing is more than soundtrack and melodies, at least for her father probably :(

The way I saw it as a fan, was Gaga was giving a nod towards her aunt and herself as Stefani by using the 'Joanne' title/persona throughout the era. Joanne was an extremely personal and gorgeous album and I can definitely see that Gaga was trying to process the generational trauma - though I can understand why her father may have disliked her projecting that story into the world. It can be taboo for many people to talk publicly about death/generational trauma. I think the most important thing though is that she had the best intentions, and hopefully she learned a lot about herself from Joanne.

Agunimon

I'm more interested in how this was an ongoing thing, all the way back to Speechless she has created music specifically for her father. In some songs she references her mom in some lyrics, but I can't recall a specific song ever focused on her.

Lighter
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I'm more interested in how this was an ongoing thing, all the way back to Speechless she has created music specifically for her father. In some songs she references her mom in some lyrics, but I can't recall a specific song ever focused on her.

Her father had more issues in life

Creyk
12 hours ago, Agunimon said:

She is her father's daughter :vegas:

BloodyM

I mean not to be rude but to me it seems like her father really needs professional help dealing with his loss. 

Archived