charts

Chromatica #3 on Japan Oricon Album Charts

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

ARTPOP - 58,493 (#1)

Cheek to Cheek - 11,397 (#7)

Joanne - 8,026 (#10)

So this is a good improvement from Joanne. But damn her sales really declined there compared to ARTPOP. They need more cute Japan exclusive editions like super jewel cases or exclusive vinyls or sumn, it’s the second biggest market.

RudraCNG

Japan used to be her best market aside from the US and the UK :smh:

Well, at least this is an improvement

Lighter
4 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I heard you have to release your album early there which won’t happen in this music climate cause the US Chart is prioritized. ARTPOP came out Nov 6 there 5 days earlier

Aussie
7 minutes ago, Lighter said:

ARTPOP - 58,493 (#1)

Joanne - 8,026 (#10)

So this is a good improvement from Joanne. But damn her sales really declined there compared to ARTPOP. They need more cute Japan exclusive editions like super jewel cases or exclusive vinyls or sumn, it’s the second biggest market.

Could the decline in sales be a general thing though like in every other market?

Harry Kat

Well, sales in general declined in Japan as in the rest of the world since ARTPOP too! But Chromatica has the potential to do very good in Japan since it's the sound that they love from Gaga

Ryusei
9 minutes ago, Lighter said:

ARTPOP - 58,493 (#1)

Joanne - 8,026 (#10)

More special editions and tracks wont do anything, the only thing that makes western music popular over in japan is songs being used in commercials or TV shows or them somehow going viral in Japan. + she did 0 promo over there aside from like the releases getting covered by some news programs. (No i‘m not japanese but i have about 10 years of experience of tracking their charts) 

Musery

Lighter
4 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

More special editions and tracks wont do anything, the only thing that makes western music popular over in japan is songs being used in commercials or TV shows or them somehow going viral in Japan. + she did 0 promo over there aside from like the releases getting covered by some news programs. (No i‘m not japanese but i have about 10 years of experience of tracking their charts) 

Ohh cool insight. She should’ve done more TV quaratine interviews then 

Ryusei
10 minutes ago, Lighter said:

Ohh cool insight. She should’ve done more TV quaratine interviews then 

Yeah right now with travel not being advised etc and the music industry really being halted over there, there wasnt really much that could have been done. 
i will add something positive (i guess) Rain On Me was #15 on the weekly streaming charts with about 1.5 million streams which is pretty decent. https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/st/w/2020-06-08/p/2/ 

Musery

yes and
50 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

48 minutes ago, Lighter said:

I heard you have to release your album early there which won’t happen in this music climate cause the US Chart is prioritized. ARTPOP came out Nov 6 there 5 days earlier

Well, she released one jazz and country albums after ARTPOP. Asian market is not into such music 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived