⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
opinion

Tony Shimkin (who recorded and edited Vogue) - Babylon not a Vogue ripoff

androiduser
Posted (edited)

So in a brief phone interview, Tony Shimkin who worked on recording Madonna's megahit Vogue, claims Babylon is not a ripoff and they just share a similar beat.

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-r49dx-de344c

Edited by androiduser
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mer Boy

Madonna will have him hunted down by tomorrow. :ohno: 

  • LMAO 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aarghya

No more royalties for you.

-Madge 

You'll never get to Heaven if you're scared of getting high
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD

People need to understand this. And how those voguing music typically sounds like, Madonna is not the first and will not be the last.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ visual ♥ rock ♥ and ♥ metal ♥ kind ♥ of ♥ guy ♥
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
androiduser
Just now, RAMROD said:

People need to understand this. And how those voguing music typically sounds like, Madonna is not the first and will not be the last.

although, let's be real, doing a new song in the style of one of the biggest pop hits of all times, comparisons are inevitable. It's definitely not a rip off and there's no plagiarism going on, but it's definitely inspired by Vogue. There have been other ballroom scene songs over the time, but nothing this similar.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeoFameMonster

Damn it now she won't mashup Babylon with Vogue in her tour and automatically give Gaga and her producers more royalties 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzkill

Lol madonna herself must be laughing.

thats gossip

rip that song

:sis:

  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProjectJoanne

In celebration, let's stream Babylon :vegas:

 

DC
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just A Holy Fool
28 minutes ago, androiduser said:

So in a brief phone interview, Tony Shimkin who worked on recording Madonna's megahit Vogue, claims Babylon is not a ripoff and they just share a similar beat.

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-r49dx-de344c

“That’s gossip”

Madonna :madge:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas Winchester

I can't be the only one who doesn't hear vogue at all. 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
juede

I wasn't born before in the Stone Age so when I listened to Vogue for the first time I didn't hear it in Babylon at all. :billie:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FameHookah
1 hour ago, LeoFameMonster said:

Damn it now she won't mashup Babylon with Vogue in her tour and automatically give Gaga and her producers more royalties 

Its a secret plan, they will sing it at the Grammies or smth ala DWUW with Aguilera, wait and see.

This will break the internet and the gays, and will end the feud.

WTF is MDNA

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...