⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
society

Beloved ex-Police Chief killed over a TV

Lion Heart

NORTH ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- A retired St. Louis City police captain was shot and killed outside of a looted North City pawn shop overnight and now a $100,000 reward is offered for any information. 

Around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, police found 77-year-old David Dorn shot dead outside of Lee's Pawn and Jewelry store in the 4100 block of Martin Luther King Dr.

According to the Ethical Society of Police of St. Louis, Dorn was a retired St. Louis City Captain.

Dorn's wife, Ann, currently works for the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.

Peaceful, tense and late night violent protests continue to break out across the St. Louis region as part of a renewed nationwide movement to bring awareness to police brutality against black citizens.

"He was murdered by looters at a pawnshop. He was the type of brother that would’ve given his life to save them if he had to. Violence is not the answer, whether it’s a citizen or officer," they wrote.

[His killing was broadcast on Facebook live.]

https://www.kmov.com/news/retired-st-louis-police-captain-david-dorn-murdered-by-a-looter-outside-pawn-shop/article_327ce1e4-a4a9-11ea-8b67-ff8a3d5d9ab4.html

  • Shook 1
  • Sad 16

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ice bear
Posted (edited)

People who support the reactionary acts like me aren't speaking up right now because they are taken aback by this but, no, that's not the way to go either

This is a tragedy, i said before and i say again: violence is not ideal, but it's bound to happen if incited. If it does happen, should be targeting big companies, not the regular folks and their small businesses, This man's death is as bad as George's death, the difference is George was killed by the systemic oppresion, and David by the people trying to combat it (in a problematic way) 

Unfortunately we can't control a few rebels like that, i know we should be taking responsibility but these protests started without a central voice (not an alive one at least) out of urgency for answers, so it's hard to keep everybody on the same page, especially the ones that just want confusion and are not there for the real deal.

On the other hand, although equivalent in a humanistic level, civils commiting murder is not the same situation as police doing it; they should be there to protect everyone, they are trained for that and we are not, if law enforcement isn't following the law what should we do? who should we rely on?

Only the people will be there for the people then, and we should own it when we're wrong too because we're not Trump and his apologist agenda; murders aren't the way to get justice from a system that's murdering.

Political gibberish aside, RIP David, let's not stop protesting peacefully and reacting strategically.

 

EDIT: i should've emphasized i'm not advocating for violence, i'm saying it is happening, and it's targetting the most vulnerable small businesses and people, which is primarily unacceptable since it takes away from them directly 

i realize this is appealing to the moral sense of someone who's past reason anyway though :huh:

Edited by ice bear
ice bear = best bear

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeth
6 minutes ago, ice bear said:

People who support the reactionary acts like me aren't speaking up right now because they are taken aback by this but, no, that's not the way to go either

This is a tragedy, i said before and i say again: violence is not ideal, but it's bound to happen if incited. If it does happen, should be targeting big companies, not the regular folks and their small businesses, This man's death is as bad as George's death, the difference is George was killed by the systemic oppresion, and David by the people trying to combat it (in a problematic way) 

Unfortunately we can't control a few rebels like that, i know we should be taking responsibility but these protests started without a central voice (not an alive one at least) out of urgency for answers, so it's hard to keep everybody on the same page, especially the ones that just want confusion and are not there for the real deal.

On the other hand, although equivalent in a humanistic level, civils commiting murder is not the same situation as police doing it; they should be there to protect everyone, they are trained for that and we are not, if law enforcement isn't following the law what should we do? who should we rely on?

Only the people will be there for the people then, and we should own it when we're wrong too because we're not Trump and his apologist agenda; murders aren't the way to get justice from a system that's murdering.

Political gibberish aside, RIP David, let's not stop protesting peacefully and reacting strategically.

I'm sorry, but I can't bear to read another person subtly excusing this behavior.

Violence should not be targeted towards ANYONE. Period. Every law-abiding person(s) and entity in the United States is entitled to their property. That includes Target, Apple, Gucci, Coach, and whatever other large corporation as much as it does you and I. 

The people who looted that store for a TV were not combating oppression at all. They were taking advantage of this situation for their own personal gain. This man's life was lost and nobody should be defending those who took it in the name of a material object in any capacity.

This whole ordeal is very heartbreaking, but breaking the law does not create justice for anyone. Defending those, or even encouraging people direct violence towards large entities is even worse. 

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphine Prince

This is a tragedy. 

And it is already being used by Trump against protesters. They are trying to say looters are the protestors. 

Don’t fall for the propaganda. Everything has been mostly peaceful. 

People who want to loot and destroy property always use opportunities like this to do so.  

  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ice bear
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Zeth said:

I'm sorry, but I can't bear to read another person subtly excusing this behavior.

Violence should not be targeted towards ANYONE. Period. Every law-abiding person(s) and entity in the United States is entitled to their property. That includes Target, Apple, Gucci, Coach, and whatever other large corporation as much as it does you and I. 

The people who looted that store for a TV were not combating oppression at all. They were taking advantage of this situation for their own personal gain. This man's life was lost and nobody should be defending those who took it in the name of a material object in any capacity.

This whole ordeal is very heartbreaking, but breaking the law does not create justice for anyone. Defending those, or even encouraging people direct violence towards large entities is even worse. 

you are right

i'm not defending, but it's happening

will you please read again the parts where i said "if at all" and that the ones doing it are problematic and  are there just to cause confusion and don't represent the rest of the protesters

Edited by ice bear
ice bear = best bear

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JanStan

No. No. No. There is no IF AT ALL. I am appalled at even the mere suggestion that if cold blooded murder for material possessions is to happen direct it at large corporations. You realize that innocent people work at large corporations too (?). An innocent man died. Period. And claiming that this was done to combat systemic oppression does an absolute disservice to those that actually did die in that manner. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ice bear
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JanStan said:

No. No. No. There is no IF AT ALL. I am appalled at even the mere suggestion that if cold blooded murder for material possessions is to happen direct it at large corporations. You realize that innocent people work at large corporations too (?). An innocent man died. Period. And claiming that this was done to combat systemic oppression does an absolute disservice to those that actually did die in that manner. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

forgot to tag me

i apologize for my bad wording, i don't feel ashamed of myself though since i'm trying to learn

i'm trying to point out that people will be starving if they rely on a small business and it was to be burned down vs a large establishment that can recover from it, it should not happen either of course, i realize it will not affect just CEOs and owners but the employees as well, but they will have resources to stabilize again if it happens, for microbusinesses this is ultimate

but like i said i don't think the people who go to these extremes will listen to moral sense, in the meantime it's happening to people who don't have another source of income...

+ i did not say this was done to fight oppresion, these people were deviating from the protest's cause, don't twist my words

Edited by ice bear
ice bear = best bear

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JanStan
1 hour ago, ice bear said:

the difference is George was killed by the systemic oppresion, and David by the people trying to combat it (in a problematic way)

You literally said that the people that killed David were trying to combat systemic oppression (and then minimized the killing by saying it was problematic). How am I twisting your words?

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ice bear
1 minute ago, JanStan said:

You literally said that the people that killed David were trying to combat systemic oppression (and then minimized the killing by saying it was problematic). How am I twisting your words?

well sh!t i really messed up

i won't edit that away though since it's my mistake

i didn't mean that, i meant the murder happened in the context of the protests 

ice bear = best bear

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...