Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

why did everyone hate Jo calderone?

PlasticDollGirl

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Kimblue said:

Ugh I was more of a Britney stan back and I remember being so pressed that she stole the attention away from her.:triggered:

To be fair, Beyonce stole the night using her pregnancy reveal for headlines

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
raragaga

I LOVE that VMA performance

xoxo

mezzanine
13 hours ago, KORG said:

It was great, and funny, but it was the start of Gaga's extreme overexposure that would eventually lead to the salty ice cold reception that ARTPOP received. 

In pop music, the reception of the previous era usually defines the success of the next.

For example, The Fame spawned super hits, so TFM was well received and luckily spawned some huge hits..
The success of BTW is massively down to the success of TFM and TMB combined, that's why it was so huge.
Then BTW era dragged on and on and her tour had to be cut short due to injury, which then lead to ARTPOP being poorly received due to overexposure and a perceived 'failure' of a tour. That's why it was so smart going into Jazz and soft-rock-folk-pop with Joanne, because it avoided comparison, and the eras were very short which reduced overexposure - the eras were also very different to her pop era.

Then when ASIB came, they appealed to a certain market for the movie, and got people saying "Gaga was actually good" amongst other things, which gave us the decent ASIB album - THEN the era got an Oscar and the public was influenced once more - they got Shallow and ASIB to number one.

Chromatica is a result of the great reception received by ASIB. The "What will she do next" factor. That's also why, since this album is getting rave reviews (and minimal uninformed comments), if this album has an extension and she isn't overexposed, then it could lead to the next album being a re-peak of TFM or BTW.

Jo was great, but the public was sick of Gaga.

Um... no lol BTW was literally the peak of her career, the single was #1 for 6 weeks and the album sold 1,100,000-1,400,000 at the first week. The meltdown came with Judas and with all the dramas (the choreographer leaving, half of her team following, the mess of TEOG, Gaga losing it, etc...). All started to go downhill in the middle of the era, but she was literally selling out stadiums, it was probably her most successful tour; it wasn't because of overexposure but for bad organisation, leaks, delays with the singles and videos,...

What you said actually got real after this with ARTPOP (there she was really trying too hard), and then with Joanne, and then she kind of fixed it from Million Reasons and the superbowl, from that point she started to go up again with ASIB.

But BTW was definitely not a down!

VTV

We never hated it!

Did we??

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

PlasticDollGirl
2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Um... no lol BTW was literally the peak of her career, the single was #1 for 6 weeks and the album sold 1,100,000-1,400,000 at the first week. The meltdown came with Judas and with all the dramas (the choreographer leaving, half of her team following, the mess of TEOG, Gaga losing it, etc...). All started to go downhill in the middle of the era, but she was literally selling out stadiums, it was probably her most successful tour; it wasn't because of overexposure but for bad organisation, leaks, delays with the singles and videos,...

What you said actually got real after this with ARTPOP (there she was really trying too hard), and then with Joanne, and then she kind of fixed it from Million Reasons and the superbowl, from that point she started to go up again with ASIB.

I know she’s human but I used to miss how fearless she used to be, it would make us all feel really brave in ourselves. Yes I know she’s been through a lot but I just miss it 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

The Z
3 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Born This Way (song) is probably the most frontloaded single of all time. It was extremely successful, but Bad Kids or Americano would have been just as successful. The GP didn't love the song that much, it went #1 because Gaga's fans (casual or hardcore fans) bought the song in storm after TF/TFM's success

So yes, Born This Way (era) was very successful in terms of numbers but overall it was definitely smaller than The Fame/The Fame Monster

DiskoBaby
8 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't remember any public outrage regarding Jo... only some fans here disliking the character. I think we're blowing things out of proportion, as always.

If you have any articles, headlines, and reputable media discussing Jo, please post them here. Not just quackig on gagadaily.

Well I saw a lot of people being weirded out on social media back then so the general opinion at the time was that she was being too weird and taking it too far. 

mezzanine
On 6/3/2020 at 1:50 PM, KEVIN STEVE said:

Born This Way (song) is probably the most frontloaded single of all time. It was extremely successful, but Bad Kids or Americano would have been just as successful. The GP didn't love the song that much, it went #1 because Gaga's fans (casual or hardcore fans) bought the song in storm after TF/TFM's success

So yes, Born This Way (era) was very successful in terms of numbers but overall it was definitely smaller than The Fame/The Fame Monster

Not at all. The fans bought the song the first 2 weeks, but after that, it was the general public, and this was because of the Madonna drama aswell. The tour was selling even better than The Monster Ball Tour and we are talking about STADIUMS, and if I remember properly, the last time that she visited Center/South America; and the radios were playing songs of the album like they didn't with TFM, they did with Telephone, Alejandro and Bad Romance when they were singles but it with BTW they went beyond because they were playing songs that weren't even singles; maybe there was payola, but in any case, it had more coverage. TEOG became a single because the radios played it themselves after it came out as a countdown song on iTunes, and Y&I had also big success on the radios. And Marry The Night, being a fifth single, was performed at the VMAs (I think, I'm not sure but it was a MTV gala for sure); the album was still selling great by then and promoted longer than TFM; and this is because of the tour aswell. It was definitely her peak, probably when they started filming the TEOG video. Then all the mess happened, Laurieanne was out, and who knows what was going on with her and the whole team.

• 4 weeks later...
Smother Em Eh

I agree because I loved it. I think due to the promo Gaga put out they expected full on blonde pop star performance of GH and HML. It was a shocker when her appearance and performance turned out to be completely different. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

RochestrMonstr

People did not hate him so much necessarily. 

As others have said, BTW era’s horrendous overexposure was unquestionable by this point.

Joe was not going to do anything but push the problem even worse, which anyone who remembers the era can tell you is exactly what happened.

RochestrMonstr
On 6/4/2020 at 9:38 AM, mezzanine said:

Not at all. The fans bought the song the first 2 weeks, but after that, it was the general public, and this was because of the Madonna drama aswell. The tour was selling even better than The Monster Ball Tour and we are talking about STADIUMS, and if I remember properly, the last time that she visited Center/South America; and the radios were playing songs of the album like they didn't with TFM, they did with Telephone, Alejandro and Bad Romance when they were singles but it with BTW they went beyond because they were playing songs that weren't even singles; maybe there was payola, but in any case, it had more coverage. TEOG became a single because the radios played it themselves after it came out as a countdown song on iTunes, and Y&I had also big success on the radios. And Marry The Night, being a fifth single, was performed at the VMAs (I think, I'm not sure but it was a MTV gala for sure); the album was still selling great by then and promoted longer than TFM; and this is because of the tour aswell. It was definitely her peak, probably when they started filming the TEOG video. Then all the mess happened, Laurieanne was out, and who knows what was going on with her and the whole team.

BTW era’s second half was horribly overexposed and full of backlash, especially by the point of Marry The Night.

Do you remember the era? Or are you looking at numbers? (Honestly wondering, not trying to be rude or shady at all).

Archived