💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Babylon shade to Madonna?

David Ward

Featured Posts

The only people who think Babylon sounds like Vogue are people who have no knowledge of house music and 90s dance music overall.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David Ward
1 minute ago, Runway said:

Just because she said “serve it ancient city style” doesn’t mean madonna. There tons of other old women out there :billie:

I never even mentioned that lyric to argue my case, so no.

AlexanderMagno

You know how everyone mocks about Madonna's age and how she is as old as the age of dinosaurs? Well the whole song is about doing it ancient-city style, back to B.C., so yeah maybe she is shading Madonna comparing her with an ancient era :billie:

JillTyrell2004
1 minute ago, Runway said:

Just because she said “serve it ancient city style” doesn’t mean madonna. There tons of other old women out there :billie:

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

MrDarkGa

given for the most part it was always madonna being shady and playing dirty it would be v out of character for 2020 Gaga to write a disstrack, especially when theyre on a stable footing now.

David Ward
1 minute ago, Neight Shayde said:

No. It's more of an explicit nod to Madonna and Bowie.

It feels like a message to people saying she heavily uses references from people she likes.

That's what I thought too, while also incorporation some shade like Madonna has in the past.

culturalbaptism
5 minutes ago, David Ward said:

Every time I listen, all I can think about is 5 Foot 2 when she talked about Madonna gossiping about her behind her back, but never to her face. We all know Babylon sounds like Vogue, but Gaga did way it better while shading her in the lyrics. If so, she's clever and badass and fuçking I lover her! :heart:

What do you guys think?

Vogue's intro is longer and better than Babylon. Let's not. Babylon would have a chance in competing if it had 3 more minutes.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

ice bear
3 minutes ago, Electric Devotion said:

jonah hill no GIF

:sharon: where is this from?

ice heard one side from above

David Ward
1 minute ago, culturalbaptism said:

Vogue's intro is longer and better than Babylon. Let's not. Babylon would have a chance in competing if it had 3 more minutes.

OfficialReasonableBaldeagle-small.gif

culturalbaptism
2 minutes ago, Brecht said:

The only people who think Babylon sounds like Vogue are people who have no knowledge of house music and 90s dance music overall.

Babylon is a node to Vogue, House, Black queers and 90s.

Runway
2 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

20th century ended 20 years ago. Babylon >>>>>

Spyro

Pretty 16th century smile :billie:

tumblr_m7y5b4OJSN1rc368wo1_500.png

via family guy

Spyro the Dragon

culturalbaptism
1 minute ago, David Ward said:

OfficialReasonableBaldeagle-small.gif

I would like to apologize for not being the average 2020 pop stan who accepts a 2:42 minutes song designed to get more streams. :enigma:

GerMonsterNotta

No - if anything complete opposite. 
To have a song about Gossip, and the rejection of such nonsense, and telling people to Babble On, as well as have the song have some Vogue-vibes - this is just damn smart. 

For those people who continue to gossip about a song about gossip :lmao:....... I literally think this is how Gaga gets some kinda private kick in the irony she introduces into her art ..... literally the Art of Fame where she is in control of what people think of her.......

BlackCrown
6 minutes ago, David Ward said:

Babylon sounds like Vogue, but Gaga did way it better 

No :huntyga:

I love Babylon a LOT, it's one of my favorite track of the album, but Vogue is iconic and one of the best pop song ever created :tony:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

Archived