Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Has Lost Her Lyrical Fire

jprince99x

Featured Posts

Gagi
57 minutes ago, GipJo said:

She is considered as one of the best song-writer because her lyrics are so different and weird, you can literally call it Gaga-ism.

She is not a typical Taylor Swift storytelling type of writer, nor Sufjan Stevens poetry type of writer, but that doesn't mean she isn't one of the best song-writer, her song-writer hall of fame award proves that even industry thinks so. I guess it's just not your type.

I agree!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jprince99x
2 hours ago, jprince99x said:

I defended Stupid Love's lyrics when many of you here trashed them.

3 minutes ago, magicalgaga said:

After reading through this thread from here and there I got the feeling that you're just not connecting to the lyrics on a personal level. That doesn't make the lyrics 'not good' by default, it just means that you don't like them. We have to be able to separate the objective quality of an artwork and the subjective opinion one may have of it.

I think you're right about me. I really resonated with stupid love when I heard it. I think gaga has had a very pessimistic outlook on life from an early age. A lot of people are against the "there are better days ahead" rhetoric, but I personally find that that outlook helps me keep my mind out of the gutter. Rain On Me is about celebrating your tears and accepting your current state of mind. Stupid love is literally the inverse of this "Gotta quit this cryin'
Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door Kinda hard to believe, gotta have faith in meI".

Thanks for pointing this out to me! I do think that there is room to improve in the "flow" stuff I was talking about, but maybe that's just the 90s style.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Putang Ina Mo

I'm afraid you're right.

I remember liking TFM because of its songwriters only consists of Gaga + RedOne, Gaga + Garibay and Gaga herself alone. It's lyrically majestic.

I personally love the songs SFA, Replay, ROM, and Enigma lyrically from Chromatica but some of the songs' lyrics from album are too straightforward and or sometimes questionable.

Does the order of songwriting credits matter? Is it true that the first one to be credit had the most contribution in songwriting? I saw on the credits that Gaga is placed second or lower.

my username says it all 🇵🇭

14 minutes ago, magicalgaga said:

After reading through this thread from here and there I got the feeling that you're just not connecting to the lyrics on a personal level. That doesn't make the lyrics 'not good' by default, it just means that you don't like them. We have to be able to separate the objective quality of an artwork and the subjective opinion one may have of it.

i connect actually a lot to some of Chromatica’s songs, on a personal level, as much as BTW, if not even more, but it isn’t about the meanings, it’s simply the way that the songs are lyrically structured that feels different, not the emotion coming with it. But this doesn’t stop Chromatica from being full of meaning, and for its songs to impact us too

jprince99x
20 minutes ago, oslo said:

I totally agree with you, i had the same feeling while listening to the album. You take the exemple of BTW, and this record has so much impactful lyrics, with content, it’s more poetic and we can enter more deeply into the songs and their meanings. The BTW Ball solidified its legacy

But Chromatica has a different aim, as you perfectly said, Gaga is trying to make sense of her life, mental health, fame, to transform her sadness into rain, to dance her way through the pain as she says. And it’s an amazing record, and we still have a lot to discover from this era I am sure, with more content, storyline, visuals, which will infuse some more poetry and take us to Chromatica and its secrets 💗

I wonder if the lyrical style change was intended in the writing process. I feel that everything gaga does is heavily calculated and thought over. When I read Chic lyrics they feel very lightweight and shallow. They don't read well and they don't even make that much sense. However, they are fun.

Just dancing to the beat
Feel the heat
I'm moving my feet

Heading towards the floor
Gotta get down
Get down some more

Rumba and tango
Latin hustle too
I wanna boogie with you

Oooh, what a treat
Feels so sweet (Ah)
That body heat

When I'm dancing with my baby
Drives me crazy
Makes me hazy

Katsuki Bakugo

HEAVY METAL LOVER A B SIDE? ARE YOU OK? 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

SMILE2NE1

It's intentional. Gaga said she wanted to take an experience she had and make it universal. There's this perception that reading like an art history book with copious multitextuality makes a song fire, but in many cases that can detract from the intention. In addition to this, ain't nobody going to be reading through songs like an essay. Totally understand your classical predisposition, but it's not applicable to the intention of the album and the thread title is clickbait. 

jprince99x
7 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

HEAVY METAL LOVER A B SIDE? ARE YOU OK? 

Literally referring to a track not that's not at the forefront of an album, so like one that doesn't get alot of coverage. If we are talking literally then Heavy Metal Lover is a side C because btw is split into 2 discs.

Killa

On first listen i couldnt get most of lyric content.

The few that had a understable metric were replay, babylon, 911. 

Its not just a good text, there needs to be relation with the music. 

I mean she has hard time with the lyrics, it means it doesnt work that well. And that are some moments when she breathes too quickly, or sings nasally with reamining air, you hear noises from consonances, or they do cut and paste studio magic. Fade out or put some reverb and compress. 

She was able too have relatable content but i feel constriction to fit the mold

Wild

The fact that you can’t even comprehend the lyric “bodies movin like a sculpture” but still had the audacity to make this thread. :wtfga:

roomdivide

I think she is being more direct about her pain and her emotional journey, which might make for the more simpler lyrics, rather than more cryptic lyrics that require greater analysis to see what Gaga is feeling or thinking.

Magui

Will she ever find it?

She lost it for good?

Poor girl, what she's gonna do now.

Killa
27 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

I wonder if the lyrical style change was intended in the writing process. I feel that everything gaga does is heavily calculated and thought over. When I read Chic lyrics they feel very lightweight and shallow. They don't read well and they don't even make that much sense. However, they are fun.

Just dancing to the beat
Feel the heat
I'm moving my feet

Heading towards the floor
Gotta get down
Get down some more

Rumba and tango
Latin hustle too
I wanna boogie with you

Oooh, what a treat
Feels so sweet (Ah)
That body heat

When I'm dancing with my baby
Drives me crazy
Makes me hazy

Ive written in another thread. To me she writtes just about enough of a theme and as vague as possible. 

Im 70 percentvsure its calculated. She is miss fame.. She knows the game, the scrituny. She knows what they want and how much shes available to give. 

I stand by that she actually thought the strategy forvpromo talk when finishing the lyrics. 

Chromatica Island

This album made me cry, so can't relate

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

• Admin locked this topic

Archived