Featured Posts

pop ate my heart

no it's true it's true

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarryTheDay

I didnt even skip any song including stupid love :billie: Literally it’s album of decade 20’s for me :legend: 

ARTGOD
8 hours ago, Candy Gaga said:

Seriously the closest to ARTPOP is Chromatica ( Chromatica is much superior than ARTFLOP ofc :ally: ) But how can you like ARTPOP an EDM album and hate Chromatica another EDM inspired album

I don’t hate Chromatica though. I think it’s a cute album, I just don’t think it’s an interesting album. There’s nothing in it that I think is daring, or exhilarating, or fresh.

The whole album feels like Gaga is limiting herself and afraid to go all in. If you’re gonna make a House record why keep to production sounding like 2010’s generic EDM and why make every song short? Is it so that kids don’t get bored and don’t skip them on their playlists?. It reeks of lack of ambition to me.

I think ARTPOP (and honestly most Gaga albums) is a much superior record because it’s unique, crazy, and dynamic. There’s always an interesting moment, a key change, a breakdown, a bridge or a climax. With most Chromatica songs you’ve heard a minute and you’ve heard everything.

Love or hate ARTPOP, that album is GAGA through and through, no other artist could make a song like Aura or Venus, while I think most Chromatica songs sound like stuff I’ve heard a million times before and done much better.

Candy Gaga
15 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

I don’t hate Chromatica though. I think it’s a cute album, I just don’t think it’s an interesting album. There’s nothing in it that I think is daring, or exhilarating, or fresh.

The whole album feels like Gaga is limiting herself and afraid to go all in. If you’re gonna make a House record why keep to production sounding like 2010’s generic EDM and why make every song short? Is it so that kids don’t get bored and don’t skip them on their playlists?. It reeks of lack of ambition to me.

I think ARTPOP (and honestly most Gaga albums) is a much superior record because it’s unique, crazy, and dynamic. There’s always an interesting moment, a key change, a breakdown, a bridge or a climax. With most Chromatica songs you’ve heard a minute and you’ve heard everything.

Love or hate ARTPOP, that album is GAGA through and through, no other artist could make a song like Aura or Venus, while I think most Chromatica songs sound like stuff I’ve heard a million times before and done much better.

Yeah I get what you're saying. It's also safe to say that Chromatica and ARTPOP has the same DNA but they're so different. ARTPOP is an EDM/Rave album while Chromatica is more of Euro-Dance/Electro-Pop album which is a subgenre of EDM that is more mainstream and more accessible by a wider audience and I'm sure Gaga went that route cause she always have a different genre for each album. As someone who listens to Euro-Dance for over 10 years and got back into it recently around a year and a half ago I can tell you Chromatica is daring and fresh but hey maybe the genre is not for you but maybe one day if this type of music grew on you you'll get back to Chromatica and enjoy it. Luckily for me I refell in love with that genre over a year ago so for me this album came in the perfect time

ARTGOD
3 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

Yeah I get what you're saying. It's also safe to say that Chromatica and ARTPOP has the same DNA but they're so different. ARTPOP is an EDM/Rave album while Chromatica is more of Euro-Dance/Electro-Pop album which is a subgenre of EDM that is more basic and more accessible by a wider audience and I'm sure Gaga went that route cause she always have a different genre for each album. As someone who listens to Euro-Dance for over 10 years and got back into it recently around a year and a half ago I can tell you Chromatica is daring and fresh but hey maybe the genre is not for you but maybe one day if this type of music grew on you you'll get back to Chromatica and enjoy it. Luckily for me I refell in love with that genre over a year ago so for me this album came in the perfect time

I adore House music and Eurodance though, so those genres are for me and that’s a big reason why I was so disappointed to hear that Gaga made an album that barely has any of the things that make those genres so enjoyable.

A lot of the album is either tired Tropical pop/2010’s EDM, or stuff that sounds like Gaga is doing an impression of her TF/TFM self. When she actually lets go a little bit and does House music properly (Alice, Enigma, Sour Candy, Replay, Babylon) it is considerably more enjoyable, but the songs are short and refuse to go anywhere interesting so you still feel like she’s holding back.

I get why people enjoy it and want to love it and praise it so much, but to say it’s her best album or the best album ever, while blasting every critic who’s not feeling it as if they’re crazy and tasteless and they don’t have at least some valid points is baffling to me.

Candy Gaga
18 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

I adore House music and Eurodance though, so those genres are for me and that’s a big reason why I was so disappointed to hear that Gaga made an album that barely has any of the things that make those genres so enjoyable.

A lot of the album is either tired Tropical pop/2010’s EDM, or stuff that sounds like Gaga is doing an impression of her TF/TFM self. When she actually lets go a little bit and does House music properly (Alice, Enigma, Sour Candy, Replay, Babylon) it is considerably more enjoyable, but the songs are short and refuse to go anywhere interesting so you still feel like she’s holding back.

I get why people enjoy it and want to love it and praise it so much, but to say it’s her best album or the best album ever, while blasting every critic who’s not feeling it as if they’re crazy and tasteless and they don’t have at least some valid points is baffling to me.

Yeah I get that it's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. And even if you're a fan of that genre sometimes you don't like everything that is related to it. For me it's a highlight to her career alongside Born This Way but since you like House music I still think this album has potential to grow on you.

ARTGOD
2 hours ago, Candy Gaga said:

Yeah I get that it's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. And even if you're a fan of that genre sometimes you don't like everything that is related to it. For me it's a highlight to her career alongside Born This Way but since you like House music I still think this album has potential to grow on you.

Even if I grow to like the album (which I have been doing, I didn’t like it at first, now I’m ok with it), I will never be able to call it great or amazing because its flaws are just so obvious to me.

With every song I’m thinking how it could have been better, or how some of it is ruined by the production choices, or how Gaga could be digging even deeper into the themes of the album.

Like, I get why people think this is a solid effort, but I can’t possibly understand how people can think this is the best she can do or how they don’t think the album could be so much better in many ways.

At best it’s a good but flawed album to me, I think it’s enjoyable, but c’mon guys, she can do so much better than this, and she has done it many times before :kara:.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i Love that this album is a new sound for her. Someday we are all gonna look back on her discography and say ‘what the f***k’ because of how diverse it is

that being said I do find myself skipping fun tonight, 1000 doves, and plastic doll

but there are songs on every album I skip 

littlepotter
2 hours ago, ARTGOD said:

Even if I grow to like the album (which I have been doing, I didn’t like it at first, now I’m ok with it), I will never be able to call it great or amazing because its flaws are just so obvious to me.

With every song I’m thinking how it could have been better, or how some of it is ruined by the production choices, or how Gaga could be digging even deeper into the themes of the album.

Like, I get why people think this is a solid effort, but I can’t possibly understand how people can think this is the best she can do or how they don’t think the album could be so much better in many ways.

At best it’s a good but flawed album to me, I think it’s enjoyable, but c’mon guys, she can do so much better than this, and she has done it many times before :kara:.

My initial thoughts agree with you, but at the same timet there's a very obvious fact i acknowledged and you should too: this has been said about every single Gaga album upon release. Every. SINGLE. One! Not just ARTPOP, not even just Born This Way, but even TFM was seen as a downgrade! So this makes me know I'll need my time with this album.

chaeri pls

Roronoa

I wouldn’t change anything about this album, except maybe making a couple of songs longer. It’s very cohesive, tells a full story from start to end. :vegas:

OMonster

It is a phenomenal record, no doubt about it. 

And for me, it is THE best and most Gaga album Gaga has ever made. It somehow manages to bring together absolutely everything that Gaga is as an artist. It blends all her previous records together in one. It is genius :bradley:

It has to be the most meaningful and deepest pop record I have ever heard, too. There is so much meaning beyond the dance beats. 

subtext / fantasy

Versace
18 hours ago, ARTGOD said:

Shouldn’t you wait a few months to see how it ages at least?. What is it with people claiming everything is a masterpiece not even a week after it comes out :selena:?.

I get what you're saying but I've been with Gaga since TF/TFM and ever since then I wasn't fully satisfied. I wasn't satisfied with anything after TFM (don't kill me BTW fans), sure I really enjoyed some of the songs but I barely relistened and knew they wouldn't age well for me. I then kinda gave up on her and was ready to just support her. I had no expectations for LG6 at all, I would honestly log on this site just for the entertainment news. I heard Chromatica and honestly it blew me away, I knew it wasn't just any album, this album is really really special. It's definitely in a league of its own not just in Gaga's discography but among pop records in general. No one can deny that this album had immense effort put into it both sonically and lyrically :whitney:

Archived