Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica sounds even gayer than Born This Way

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby

Just listened to it like 10 times now

The 90s house beats, the high diva vocals, the feel good lyrics, the feeling of just feeling fierce while playing it. 

I feel like I'm listening to a Kylie Minogue or Robyn album in the best possible way. It's just fun. Like a cotton candy shaped dildo on Pride fun.

It's dance music to just feel good too. Every time I listen to it I feel like I'm at the gayest club in Chromatica and it just... Does it get gayer than this!? 

This is the gayest she ever sounded. When Babylon comes I just feel like I'm walking the runaway on Rupauls. When she yells out I'm a free womaaaaaan I'm like you go gurl take me back to Scheisse. When her and Elton John get together it's these two queens outsinging each other.

She doesn't have to mention equality, sex, politics or art in the lyrics like her previous attempts. It's just gay the way it is. It just is.

And that's how you do it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlasticDollGirl

Yes gaga will be the next Kylie Minogue :reductive:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Jose P

Super gay, but I think BTW is gayer. It’s not only gay in sound, but gay lyrically. But then again, all of Gaga’s albums (except for a chunk of Joanne) are gay AF :laughga:

MonsterofFame
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Never knew music was bound to a sexuality.

This.

I get electronic and dance music was popular in the gay community before the 2010's, but that changed with the EDM boom. 

Would you all say that Nicki Minaj's album sounds so "black"?

Hybrid AT

Music is music and cannot and should not be defined by or tethered to gender constructs. I've seen straight people enjoy this album in reaction videos so I'm not sure what point is the OP trying to make here but ok work, I guess.

This album is universal in its themes. Healing, fighting inner demons, depression, empowerment. Are these only specific to the gay community? 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

KORG

Born This Way was a mother celebrating Pride Month

Chromatica is Diana Ross & Cher performing in a Gay Bar.

I can't wait for her next album which will represent Donna Summer and Aretha Franklin mud wrestling at the stonewall riots

Dramatica

Did you mean: the gays would eat Chromatica even more than they ate Born This Way?

Because saying that an album is gay is just, like, homophobic kinda

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

DiskoBaby
2 minutes ago, artd0me said:

How can it sound gay?

Camp. Dance beats with female high diva like vocals. Lyrics of being free and empowered. It just sounds... Gay. 

DiskoBaby
7 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Music is music and cannot and should not be defined by or tethered to gender constructs. I've seen straight people enjoy this album in reaction videos so I'm not sure what point is the OP trying to make here but ok work, I guess.

So great that straight guys are so accepting now

Hybrid AT
23 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Lyrics of being free and empowered.

These are universal themes. This thread literally makes no point except trying to box music and attaching useless labels to it.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

DiskoBaby
8 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

This.

I get electronic and dance music was popular in the gay community before the 2010's, but that changed with the EDM boom. 

Would you all say that Nicki Minaj's album sounds so "black"?

Kendrick Lamar To Pimp A Butterfly sounds very black. In a good way. 

Archived