💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

1000 Doves is a love letter to Little Monsters

NT78

Featured Posts

NT78

I'm pretty sure of this. I have read that this song is about a man, love, etc. I don't think so. This is Gaga talking directly to her Little Monsters. 

Let's dive in to the lyrics:

[Verse 1]
I need you to listen to me, please believe me
I'm completely lonely, please don't judge me
When your tears are falling, I'll catch them as they fall
I need you to listen to me, please don't leave me
I'm not perfect yet, but I'll keep trying
When your tears are falling, I'll catch them as they fall

Here she is basically saying she is trying as hard as she can, but she is struggling and feels alone. Don't judge her (this is probably in reference to people who say that because she is rich and famous, she doesn't deserve to complain). She recognizes that her fans ALSO are struggling when she says "when your tears are falling I'll catch them as they fall." Like, she's here for us and we should be here for her. Mutual support. I'm not perfectyet, but I'll keep trying is her plea to not be so critical all the time. She's not perfect, and she knows it.

[Pre-Chorus]
'Cause inside, we are really made the same (Oh)
In life, waiting's just a stupid game (Oh)

[Chorus]
Lift me up, give me a start
'Cause I've been flying with some broken arms
Lift me up, just a small nudge
And I'll be flying like a thousand doves

This is further reiterating the point. "Inside we are all the same." We are all humans. We all feel the same feelings. She is a human too, even though her fans have elevated her to goddess status. She wants to remind us again, she is just like us. The chorus is her asking us to keep supporting her. Lift her up. Give her the boost so she can soar. She needs her fans. She has said this over and over again. She's been broken for awhile and her fans are what keeps her flying high. All she needs is to know we have her back and that we will catch her if she falls. 

[Verse 2]
I'd do anything for you to really see me
I am human, invisibly bleeding
When your smile is shaking, I'll catch you as you fall

More of the same. She is pleading for her fans to REALLY see her, underneath the glitter and the glam. She projects an image that she is fine on the outside, while bleeding on the inside. Again, she sees the same in her fans and knows that she has "saved" many of us, and will continue to do so. 

[Pre-Chorus]
I cry more than I ever say (Oh)
Each time, your love seems to save the day (Oh)

She struggles a LOT more than anyone realizes, and she often wants to give up, but she always comes back to music because of her fans. She has said this numerous times too. Applause is directly about this phenomenon. Her fans literally are what saves the day for her, when it comes to being a musician and continuing the grind. 

[Bridge]
I've been hurting, stuck inside a cage
So hard my heart's been in a rage
If you love me, then just set me free
And if you don't, then baby, leave
Set me free

I feel like this part is for the haters, the fake fans, etc. She is saying here, "look, if you are gonna call yourself a fan, love me enough to let me be who I am (set me free from your expectations). If you can't do that, stop calling yourself a fan, and just go." 

There is another verse in the piano version that is about artists and how they show love. Starts at 1:36. She talks about how painters paint, sculptors sculpt and then says something like "but instead I guess I'll sing it in this song." This is where I feel it's clear that this song is for the fans. She KNOWS how much we appreciate a piano ballad (and this song was likely supposed to be one, but that wouldn't fit thematically, so we got this version instead.) 

What do you think? Am I on the nose or way off target? 

Your on the nose. đŸ™ŒđŸœđŸ™ŒđŸœđŸ™ŒđŸœ I never understood where people thought this was about a man 😂 it’s so clearly written to her fans 

mr.peter

I think Replay is about us :cryga: sounds like she's singing "you monsters torture me" :laughga:

Ivy

I think you could be right, the lyrics seem to fit.

If it is maybe she will tell us sometime while performing it (I hope) 

19 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

I think Replay is about us :cryga: sounds like she's singing "you monsters torture me" :laughga:

No she said it’s about PTSD so her sexual assault / fibromyalgia from hip breaking during btw ball 

Archived