💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RahrahWitch

For something like a Legend Status you have to take into consideration the most important factor, Impact.

Gaga came into the industry full force and switched things up, She brought huge Artistic expression and Creativity and changed the system. It was like an explosion of creativity from musicians outfits to music videos were as before everything was played pretty safe for a very long time. She brought much needed theatricality to pop music and that was just the beginning.

Ontop of all that she became an activist and voice on so many different issues, using her platform to promote Love, Acceptance and Kindness.

I'm not saying Taylor hasn't done any of these things but in the grand scheme, While she's done a lot there's no doubt that Gaga's impact on the world has been massive.

stateofgaga
4 hours ago, rasclautmangos said:

Taylor is the most successful in terms of sales but I can see her struggling as her demographic moves further into adult hood. She has to be careful not to get into a situation like Katy Perry is in now. I think an excellent move for her would be to ease back into Country with a more mature, yet fun sound. 

You are aware that Taylor is 30 year old women and has a longer career than Gaga, right?

Yes, she has young fans as well but a good portion of her core fanbase has grown up with her and is well into adult hood. 

rasclautmangos
2 minutes ago, stateofgaga said:

You are aware that Taylor is 30 year old women and has a longer career than Gaga, right?

Yes, she has young fans as well but a good portion of her core fanbase has grown up with her and is well into adult hood. 

I'm aware. 

Prada

I think Adele really needs no other record. People already see her as legend. 21 is such an album..

After her It' s hard to choose as Rihanna, Gaga, Taylor are almost equal. Whenever they release something they are headlines, but otherwise they are equal TBH.

Unfortunately, I dont know how but Katy got lost somewhere. 

rasclautmangos
41 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Okay one question. In 20 years time, will Rihanna be remembered for her music or her make-up/beauty and fashion? Because I can tell you right now, Gaga was born to perform. Whether it be on a big screen, on a stage, whatever - thats what she was destined to do. Gaga is someone I (as well as many others) look at for being in something 100% and for the long term. 

I see that with Adele, I see that with Taylor, I see that with Katy. They will all be remembered for music and their art. 

But, Rihanna has never organically created something. She has never wrote a hit. Her vocals aren't that stellar (they have improved). She doesn't have the artistry of an artist. She's singing other people's songs to a wide audience, her music videos aren't that groundbreaking, when she went into acting she was heavily criticised... (I'm not trying to be shady or flamebait here)

And you must admit, Rihanna's "passion" has gone severely down hill for music. The most recent features sound like she doesn't want to be there. Its very obvious that her passion lies in makeup and beauty. And she's created this empire which will be remembered for the rest of history. As stans of Gaga, yes of course we remember Rihanna for her past hits. But she hasn't had a hit that's stuck with people since 2015... maybe even earlier. 

Tell me honestly, will Rihanna be remembered for music in 20, 30, or 40 years time? I don't see it. 

Probably not, and I think Rihanna is completely ok with that to be honest with you. I think she cares more about building her brand. I think she'll be remembered more for that. 

Gaga is building her brand too. But I can fully see her on stage at 90 like Tony Bennett. I have a feeling Rihanna is going to be like f*ck it all in a few years. She seems tired of it all.

LOUDER
54 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Okay one question. In 20 years time, will Rihanna be remembered for her music or her make-up/beauty and fashion? Because I can tell you right now, Gaga was born to perform. Whether it be on a big screen, on a stage, whatever - thats what she was destined to do. Gaga is someone I (as well as many others) look at for being in something 100% and for the long term. 

I see that with Adele, I see that with Taylor, I see that with Katy. They will all be remembered for music and their art. 

But, Rihanna has never organically created something. She has never wrote a hit. Her vocals aren't that stellar (they have improved). She doesn't have the artistry of an artist. She's singing other people's songs to a wide audience, her music videos aren't that groundbreaking, when she went into acting she was heavily criticised... (I'm not trying to be shady or flamebait here)

And you must admit, Rihanna's "passion" has gone severely down hill for music. The most recent features sound like she doesn't want to be there. Its very obvious that her passion lies in makeup and beauty. And she's created this empire which will be remembered for the rest of history. As stans of Gaga, yes of course we remember Rihanna for her past hits. But she hasn't had a hit that's stuck with people since 2015... maybe even earlier. 

Tell me honestly, will Rihanna be remembered for music in 20, 30, or 40 years time? I don't see it. 

Rihanna will be remembered for everything she does. She may not write all her stuff but she's executive producer of her records since Rated R so she's on charge of her career. 

I'm not going to continue this deaf argument tho. You obviously stan Taylor and Katy too much to be objective but that's ok. 

Now, going back to stream Chromatica while I'm waiting for R9. :vegas:

My name isn't Alice but I'll keep looking for Wonderland.

CanadaGoesGaga

I think Taylor will always be known as an amazing musician and songwriter. But I don’t know if  she’ll cement herself in the legend status fully.

For me, legends are people like Prince, Elvis, Whitney, Babs. 

Perhaps she will join those ranks.

But for me Gaga is already well on her way there. 

xoxo Craig
10 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

Probably not, and I think Rihanna is completely ok with that to be honest with you. I think she cares more about building her brand. I think she'll be remembered more for that. 

Gaga is building her brand too. But I can fully see her on stage at 90 like Tony Bennett. I have a feeling Rihanna is going to be like f*ck it all in a few years. She seems tired of it all.

Exactly, that's what I was trying to say. :tony:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, LOUDER said:

Rihanna will be remembered for everything she does. She may not write all her stuff but she's executive producer of her records since Rated R so she's on charge of her career. 

I'm not going to continue this deaf argument tho. You obviously stan Taylor and Katy too much to be objective but that's ok. 

Now, going back to stream Chromatica while I'm waiting for R9. :vegas:

I could say the same about you with Rihanna... you'll be waiting a long time for R9 :vegas:  but you do you 

End Racism Now

Massive Monster

I'm sorry but how can we even compare legendary Lady Gaga with Taylor Swift :saladga:

No shade but Taylor Swift hasn't changed the scope of the music industry and that's the truth, Lady Gaga has.

Lady Gaga brought back theatre, props, fashion, and brought her unique freakyness on the pop music stage. Can you also imagine that it was shocking to people that she was singing live ?!? Like that was a shocking thing at the time for a new pop star who also dances. She also brought back the idea that a dancing pop star can also be a musician and played piano on stage. 

She also brought a new sound. Very dance, robotic, mixed with raw emotion, a dark edginess. Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Born This Way were all so strange for radio but it worked.

Also she's done so much for the gay community, releasing gay explicit Born This Way was absolutely remarkable.

Kind regards

MonSwiftAnton

I do believe they'll be both remembered and considered legends in their own lanes.

HeavyCapiLover

I think that gaga is the Freddie Mercury of our generation. She doesn't have a dozens of big hit like Rihanna or Taylor but she has something that is on whole higher level in term of recongnization and impact. She has an outstanding voice, no one literally no one has pulled such creative stuff this century, she has a strong message, she is multi-talented, multi awarded, she changed pop culture and pop industry that's undeniable and she has some of the most iconic song of those past 20 years (Poker face, BR, Shallow). That is different than having many no #1 pretty forgettable. I think that Mercury had only one #1 on the hot 100, his year end positions are not very good and his albums didn't sell that much in the 1970s-80s compared to other superstar of his range. But his legacy is incredible. Gaga comes closer to this type of legacy.

Chlorine Sevigny
6 hours ago, Fanta said:

Very unpopular opinion: I think Taylor is the most overrated artist of our current generation. She has consistently delivered boring and stale material, and not one song she put out has been interesting or groundbreaking in any way, shape or form. I think putting her in the same category as Gaga is laughable.

I acknowledge the girl is talented, writes her own song and is one of the most successful singers today. However, material wise her discography is terrible. Gaga is a real legend. Take away Taylor's sales and that legendary talk is out the window.

I completely agree... Taylor is not even in the running to be considered a legend. :neyde:

Butters Stotch

Of course Gaga. Taylor is a huge star, but she isn't that popular with the GP, like you have to like her to see her impact, otherwise you just listen to her on the radio and think she has catchy songs. Now, Gaga has had a huge impact on pop culture worldwide.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Archived