Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Wanting Chromatica to stay brand new

Glamourpuss

Featured Posts

Guest ARTPOPSlays
23 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

That's the same for me. HML and Electric Chapel are a couple of my favourites but they are my least listened to. They still take me back to the born this way era when I listen to them because they still feel new. 

This is how I feel! Btw has always been my favorite Gaga album (Chromatica right next to it now) but I barely listen to it. I’ve honestly been having the same thoughts. The first time you listen to the album is so magical and I don’t want to lose that feeling 

Mephistony

I feel you, but I'm afraid that's the inevitable outcome with all pop songs. Eventually you start to anticipate all the good parts which made you like the song in the first place. It takes great complexity and layering of the song to make it sound fresh after frequent listening.
Take Bohemian Rhapsody for example. It's been 45 years since it came out and is still rocking the charts. It even gets better with time. Just hope that Sine falls into that category :cryga:

chromaticainmyhead
35 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Same, but I figured the only way to keep it as fresh as possible is to hear it from start to finish every time. I play the Welcome to Chromatica playlist with Gaga discussing the album to make it feel like an experience. I love her so much and I love this album. 

this. also the visuals on spotify and the commentary makes the songs even better imo. It makes the experience totally different knowing what thought went into „Free Woman“ for example.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Kimblue

I feel the same way, it’s so magical when it’s new and eventually it looses that magic. Still constantly listening though.:vegas:

Yurikuma

I haven't listened to a single other piece of music since Thursday :toofunny: Not tired of it yet!!

But i'd pay money to be able to hear Alice for the first time again.

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, Yurikuma said:

I haven't listened to a single other piece of music since Thursday :toofunny: Not tired of it yet!!

But i'd pay money to be able to hear Alice for the first time again.

That's what I mean. That first time is so special. I still remember the chills I got when I heard Alice for the first time. 

Sepsami
44 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Just listen to the album if you like it :lmao: why are you going to prevent yourself from listening to a song you like, just to keep it "fresh" somehow? Just enjoy the damn thing lol sure, eventually you will overplay it, but so what, "I like these songs so much I don't want to listen to them too much"? You're overthinking.

It can be detrimental, Million Reasons was my absolute fav and I cried when I heard that post-chorus for the first time. I still think it's the best song on Joanne but for some reason I struggle to seriously listen to it :neyde:

StrawberryBlond

I know what you mean. I don't actually play Gaga's albums in full as much as people would think I would as a fan. I think it's because when someone's your fave, they weirdly disappear for you a little bit and I'm actually more aware of music from other artists. Maybe it's because I view them as her competition, so I've got to suss them out too, I don't know. Because I review albums, I'm always listening to artists of all kinds constantly, so I don't even have the time to devote all my free time to listening to my faves constantly anyway. I've been trying to rediscover the material from all my faves when so many albums have been delayed in quarantine so I'm not doing as much reviewing as I normally would.

It's all about listening to the music when you actually feel like it. Don't listen because you feel you ought to be. But in order to support Gaga, I'm always replaying her work in the background on mute even if I don't want to actually listen to it. Every day for years, I pull up 3 YouTube tabs - her latest music video, her video that's closest to 100 million views and the video from her last era that's closest to 100 million views. Until recently, it was GUY, Stupid Love and Look What I Found and now LWIF's been replaced by ROM and then, if another video comes out soon, it'll replace GUY. Basically, keep all her music videos from the current era in constant rotation especially if they're under 100 million views and still charting. Video views really help for clout and if you live in the US, those video views count towards chart positions, so don't underestimate them. Same with streaming. If you can mute it and it still counts, do it. That way, even if you're not listening to her constantly, you're still doing your part as a fan.

steven
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But in order to support Gaga, I'm always replaying her work in the background on mute even if I don't want to actually listen to it. Every day for years, I pull up 3 YouTube tabs

Now that is what I call dedication, I’ve never done that, I’m such a flop fan :toofunny:

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, Steven said:

Now that is what I call dedication, I’ve never done that, I’m such a flop fan :toofunny:

Downside is, it can make your computer start to lag. But that's why I wouldn't go any further than 3 tabs (I've still got a normal YouTube tab for looking up other videos, along with wikipedia and a news site). If I leave my laptop for a while, I remove a tab or two so it doesn't stick. Not everyone has the option to do this, though. When I was working up until fairly recently, I couldn't even go online every day. It doesn't make you any less of a fan, we don't all have the same time luxuries.

Archived