• Last Reply
Mother of Puppies
On 5/29/2020 at 7:00 PM, AyaKara said:

I feel like I understand everything but the prechorus:

It's the thing
That's you bring
Him, you and me
That's gossip

I couldn't help but immediately think they were talking about either 1) God (Him) for the religious theme or 2) a scandalous affair/poly relationship of some sort (him, you and me; sexual references in the verses). I have no idea how to interpret this line until she releases a video or something.

EDIT: Gaga confirmed on Spotify that 'Him, you and me' refers to the fact that you cannot have gossip without a third person to talk behind someone's back to. Genius.

That´s actually genius. I just looooove her clever lyrics and the many things they can mean as well.

Btw, I still haven´t figured out how I can watch her talk about the songs on Spotify. Am I blind?

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

TEETHTEETH

Thank you for sharing this!  

Its nice to see her appreciating each song, describing them all in love. She really poured herself into this album :kara:

Mother of Puppies

I just posted this in that Babylon Thread, but I guess I can share it here too:

Ok, so here´s my Babylon interpretation:

We only have the weekend
You can serve it to me, ancient city style
We can party like it's B.C.
With a pretty 16th-century smile

"We only have the weekend" could mean that they will probably go out to party and have a good time like in old Babylon, where gossip (meaning miscommunication or language confusion) did not yet exist, which is why she refers to "B.C." Because there was a time when Babylon was like the greatest most peaceful place to be.

The "pretty 16th century smile" means to not smile a lot, (keep cool) because a smile was "deeply unfashionable" in the 16th and 17th century. There are more reasons for that here in this article that I found which is really interesting. https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-smiles-rare-art-history

It's the thing that you bring
That you bring, that you bring
Him, you and me
That's gossip

I think she´s talking about how you (meaning anybody) brings gossip into her life. (or into life or ancient Babylon in general, which is where things change) So she goes:

Strut it out, walk a mile
Serve it, ancient city style
Talk it out, babble on
Battle for your life, Babylon

Now that gossip exists, she says "strut it out" which means to show off something to impress other people; so you should "walk a mile" and "show off" like on a cat walk, serving it in the "ancient city style" where people felt free and didn´t care about what people thought, because in old Babylon there was no gossip/language confusion/miscommunication yet!  So you should serve it and give the people something to talk about, because no matter what you do; they will just keep talking and "keep babbling on" anyways, so you might just give it to them and not give a **** about it anymore. So in a way life with gossip in it is a constant battle right? So you should battle for your life while not giving a ****.

Does that make any sense?

That's gossip, what you on?
Money don't talk, rip that song
Gossip, babble on
Battle for your life, Babylon

People talking **** behind her back, gossiping and she´s saying "what´s going on with you - that´s gossip - go ahead, rip that song apart, keep babbling on!"

Bodies moving like a sculpture (ooh)
On the top of Tower of Babel tonight
We are climbing up to Heaven (Heaven)
Speak in languages in a BloodPop moonlight

In Babylon they were living a happy and peaceful life with people from all nationalities with different languages and they all understood each other. (no gossip, no bad talking yet)

When they built that tower to reach the heavens they wanted to be equal or even superior to god and god punished them for their arrogance with "language confusion" which is why people did not understand each other anymore to complete their plans to finish the tower and they didn´t understand each other anymore and started "gossiping" and "fighting"(because we as humans can only work together to achieve things)

It´s actually not how different languages were created (because these already existed cuz people from all nationalities lived there peacfully) So this is a common mistake - because you can obviously learn a new language and then understand each other again - it´s about miscommunication, which causes gossip and for that, as Gaga said, you need at least 3 people (mostly a whole civilization), because you can´t talk behind another persons back just to yourself. Only the masses of people can gossip and talk ****. This was the reason why Babylon disappeared. So when Gaga says she wants to be in Chromatica or Babylon, she refers to the old Babylon where gossip didn´t exist, meaning that she erases gossip from her head.

At least, this is my interpretation... what do you think? Does my "battle for your life" interpretation make any sense?

So Babylon was a great place (without gossip, violence etc. and all that ****) before people started to build that tower and piss off god.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Archived