news

Chromatica Track Lengths & Names

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

We all expected this, but it's still horrible. Babylon deserved to be at least 4 minutes. Gaga just wasted the best concept she came up with since So Happy I Could Die.

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, Dayman said:

If Beautiful Dirty Rich didn't have an instrumental fade out it would already be shorter - even shorter if you cut the instrumental at the beginning down a bit and it's still a bop [Actually one of the demos for it WAS 2:36] Money Honey is similar in length with fat trimmed off as well as the original Fashion from The Fame era as a song ends around 2:34 and goes on for another 15 seconds of fade out instrumental. I think part of it is since the album is seemingly intended to be played continuously there isn't as much long instrumental fade outs or intros so the songs can just transition into each instead.

Omg, you're right. :messga: 

Goody Goody is 2:12, and They All Laughed, oh my, is only 1:49 :giveup:

HeavyPunkLover
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

I think part of it is since the album is seemingly intended to be played continuously there isn't as much long instrumental fade outs or intros so the songs can just transition into each instead.

Yas gurl give me that hope I need.

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

LavenderLamborghin
4 hours ago, PEZ said:

Hmm... I wanna say most of those seem awfully short, but if they have the same replay value as ROM, they'll be incredible to loop and bop to!

That's how I'm feeling right now! Before judging, I'm reminding myself how good ROM is on repeat, so I may enjoy having this album on loop for a very long time :ohwell:

Creyk
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

People 'sadding' the OP. Do you really want 5 minute songs in the digital and streaming era of 2020?

Yes. Now the songs won't have proper bridges and that's a no no

River

I just need an extra "I hear the thunder coming down" in ROM and I'm all good.. this part is so good

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Monsieur D

Fans complaining about the length of songs they haven't heard yet :sharon:

Am I surprised? Not at all. 

Bradley
7 minutes ago, Creyk said:

the entire industry is making 3 minute songs and they're doing fine. in fact they're thriving.

Bradley
12 minutes ago, HeavyPunkLover said:

Is it too much to ask for at least some of them? Are you saying that artistry should be chained to the market rules? 

There are multiple directions a musician can go for. Some come at the expense of commercial success.

I mean let's be honest, every detail of Gaga's commercial success is being measured by her fans and her team, I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to do well from a commercial point of view.

Electric Mary

people already trashing the songs they didn't even get to hear because of the length I-

Dayman
6 minutes ago, Creyk said:

A bridge is a bridge. There's no such thing as a proper bridge. Bloody Mary has an extremely simple bridge but it's still loved by fans. John Wayne and Diamond Heart both have very short bridges and they still are some of her BEST bridges in my opinion. Rain On Me as well is a short bridge but is perfect as is. The bridge serves a purpose in progressing the song - it doesn't need to be a minute long and lengthy to do that if it still properly leads the song to the final chorus. ALSO some of her songs only have 2 choruses and then close on a lengthy bridge - like Highway Unicorn. Fans seem to have an unfavorable opinion of that song. Length will have no actual impact on the quality of the bridge - the writing is the only thing that matters, so if it's intended to be a short bridge it can still be GREAT.

Hybrid AT

Who needs Netflix when you can watch a bunch of gays meltdown this badly online over tracks they've heard literally nothing of. This thread lmao

kZQ0ME.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Patrickern777

WHY UNDER 3 min!!  The Fame Monster, Born This Way and ARTPOP had every track was almost 4 min long.

Dont get me wrong, i am still hyped for the Chromatica

HeavyPunkLover
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

There are multiple directions a musician can go for. Some come at the expense of commercial success.

I mean let's be honest, every detail of Gaga's commercial success is being measured by her fans and her team, I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to do well from a commercial point of view.

Don’t get me wrong. She is a commercial music star and she obviously will go down a commercial path. I hope she will do good too, for her. But as a fan I really don’t care because her best songs are usually the one who don’t end up as single and are usually 4 minutes long. So when I see Babylon being 2 minutes and a half let me be asking myself if this is a win for both Gaga and me, or just for her. 

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

Archived