💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Daisies: #40 on Hot 100

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Congratulation, Miss Perry. First top 50 since Never Really Over with 4 single releases in between that did not hit top 100. It's such a huge accomplishment. Let's pray her next single can get at least as high as this one.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lighter
5 hours ago, President Biden said:

They grew up

Joking aside, i think this is the case

elijahfan
41 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

Actually, a lot of her songs are actually sleeper hits. The One that Got Away started at 97 and went to peak at #3, then Firework went to debut at #57 and peaked at the top. Even Roar went to debut at #87.

Did a bit of research, as I remember the Applause vs. Roar days and was very surprised by what you were saying, and actually Roar went to radios first, and went on digital platforms the following week, so it went to #85 thanks to radio airplay only, but shot to #2 the week it went on sale.

Red Velvet
5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Did a bit of research, as I remember the Applause vs. Roar days and was very surprised by what you were saying, and actually Roar went to radios first, and went on digital platforms the following week, so it went to #85 thanks to radio airplay only, but shot to #2 the week it went on sale.

Oh, sorry. I made some mistakes, I really don't remember well about 2013 because I wasn't really informed about charts.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

RichAssPiss
3 hours ago, JustJames said:

Witness was arguably more successful in terms of its singles and GP awareness than ARTPOP

Nonsense. Applause was in the top 10 of the Hot 100 for 14 consecutive weeks. Witness had no major sustained hits. Every song peaked at debut and then fell. Applause and Million Reasons are legitimate hits that built up real support from non-stans through streaming and radio. And, of course, Shallow is a major hit. Gaga's career was never as bleak as this. Katy's last true hit single with broad support from mainstream audiences was Dark Horse in 2013. 

MonsterBall13
17 hours ago, Epione said:

I feel bad for her. Who stole her fans?

Chromatica Lady Gaga Love GIF

S0436

If Gaga had got to #40 with SL and ROM literally this forum would have shutdown for an indefinite period of time.  And some are saying this is a good result for Katy Perry?

rasclautmangos
11 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Nonsense. Applause was in the top 10 of the Hot 100 for 14 consecutive weeks. Witness had no major sustained hits. Every song peaked at debut and then fell. Applause and Million Reasons are legitimate hits that built up real support from non-stans through streaming and radio. And, of course, Shallow is a major hit. Gaga's career was never as bleak as this. Katy's last true hit single with broad support from mainstream audiences was Dark Horse in 2013. 

Even in Gaga's worse times she always managed to have SOMETHING interesting going for her. 

Idk what it is with Katy, I feel like she's struggling with her image more than anything. This time while she's pregnant would have been the perfect time to take a break and think of ways to reinvent herself. It's like they're trying to capitalize off her pregnancy instead. 

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, Alladin Sane said:

This! People need to understand that reach top 40 is good for a lot of artists but is bad for Katy. She is one of the biggest artists of pop music, has a huge number of followers on social media, did a lot of promo and this is her LEAD single after all.

I think a big part of Katy's downfall is because she got ultimate success far too quickly. She has nine #1 singles. She achieved them within the first 5 and a half years of her career. That's crazy. It's rare to find a female artist who has that many #1's at all, but one who started their mainstream career in 2008 and did it all within the first few years of her fame is so unheard of. Not since the days of Madonna, Mariah, etc. does a female name have that ultimate success in the first few years. But that's just it - someone who burns that brightly, especially in the current low-attention span age we live in, is highly likely to burn out fast. The public just overload on them and then get bored just as fast. Gaga may have less #1's than Katy but she gained them over 11 years and could be headed for another one in her 12th year of fame. That's a sign of an artist with longevity, it shows the public want to keep them around, even if they're not putting them at the top of the charts every time. But an artist whose entire value seems based around #1's (it's so sad that the only non-#1 song that ever got her nominated for a Grammy was Hot n Cold), anything less will be a disaster in the eyes of the artist and the public. Chained to the Rhythm peaking at #4, for some artists, would have been excellent, good, ok, an underperformance or mediocre, depending on previous success. But for Katy Perry, holder of nine #1's, co-holder of MJ's five #1 singles from one album record, whose previous lead singles all went to #1...this is failure. And it was only going to be downhill from there. I don't know if she's still as sensitive about underperforming as she was in the day or if she's grown past all that but this is too big a change in too short an amount of time. She must be hurt.

20 hours ago, GipJo said:

After all the promo she was forced to do, a #40-out seems tragic.

But honestly I don't feel bad for her. 3 years after Witness, she has enough time to fix her career if she got the T. Gaga fixee her career with CTC/multiple performances/Joanne, Katy choosed business and hosting instead of music, so she deserves the F she gets, she is always the most overrated big pop stars for a long time, now she is where she belongs.

You make a good point. Gaga fought tooth and nail to get her career back on track, she never stopped releasing music and she repaired her music career with music. Katy, on the other hand, since Witness...what has she done? Judged on American Idol. Put out more of her shoe line. Released some random singles in a row with no direction. That's it. I really thought after Witness, she'd be pushing out a new album in the next 1-2 years, it was too big a flop to take a bigger break than that. I thought her label might even force her to release something new. But she's done very little to repair the damage in the last 3 years. She and her label can't be surprised at the outcome.

Runway

But her manager said this was the biggest pop record of the year :billie:

Stellars

Her first Top 40 for this decade :applause:

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴘɪɴᴋ - ʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ - ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ - ɪᴛᴢʏ - ɪᴢ*ᴏɴᴇ - ʟᴏᴏɴᴀ - ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ - sᴋᴢ

Bradley

It's actually not that bad. Small Talk and Harleys in Hawaii barely cracked top 80.

A song like Daisies hitting top 40 isn't at all bad.

Teletubby
23 hours ago, S0436 said:

And some are saying this is a good result for Katy Perry?

For Katy not, but for Daisies yes :billie:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

CantGetEnough

This actually has charted so...an improvement on her last two singles. I think a soft start is fine for her. As a pop artist, having your flop era happen in your early-mid thirties is rough and hard to recover from. Daisies is cute and probably one of her best songs lyrically. I've always thought Katy was a better acoustic or rock-pop artist and it seems to be her at her most authentic self. Daises seems to be a return to her roots, evidenced in One of the Boys (which I still think is her best album) so I'm happy she's making music for herself. Forty is solid and I could see it climb, I know their radio rollout intentionally is meant to build an audience. 

Archived