press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

Erotica is now considered Madonna’s best album in diehard circles and ARTPOP deserves the same; just switch the cone bra for a meat dress. Chromatica is being rather warmly embraced, so we can only hope it encourages her to weird us out again. And there’s something poetic in the week’s reigning number-one artist not knowing what her own normal is at the same time the entire nation is struggling to reject new norms that are completely regressive and socially tantamount to the utter fascism of a militarized police state, even if these are completely incomparable. But it’s no coincidence her “at least I’m alive” hook is topping the charts this particular week.

:huntyga:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

buzzkill
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

Sometimes we can't win! :huntyga:

Why there isn't a score?

they dont do scores. they only sent the scores with the article to meta

buzzkill

Erotica is now considered Madonna’s best album in diehard circles and ARTPOP deserves the same; just switch the cone bra for a meat dress. Chromatica is being rather warmly embraced, so we can only hope it encourages her to weird us out again. And there’s something poetic in the week’s reigning number-one artist not knowing what her own normal is at the same time the entire nation is struggling to reject new norms that are completely regressive and socially tantamount to the utter fascism of a militarized police state, even if these are completely incomparable. But it’s no coincidence her “at least I’m alive” hook is topping the charts this particular week.

:huntyga:

they took everything out of her context to place in the context of the world. this type of review has no sense and should not be consider.

:sis:

Anveeroy

Paradoxically, the more Chromatica plays ball with modern sounds, the less potent it is. Having spent the back half of the last decade following her muse, Lady Gaga isn’t the arbiter of what’s new and hot right now. She doesn’t seem to want to be. She doesn’t have to be. As a kind of Confessions on a Dance Floor move, where a singer revisits her year-one ideas and obsessions with the poise and wisdom she’s learned since, the new album is a treat. When it tries to settle into 2020, it comes out sounding like 2017. “Sour Candy” was dragged online for sounding like Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish.” “Plastic Doll” sounds like one of the peppier moments from Taylor Swift’s Reputation. The production on “Fun Tonight” is too tame for the vocal. The songs that encourage Gaga to belt out leads like Martha Wash and CeCe Peniston — see: “Alice,” “Rain on Me,” “Enigma,” “Sine From Above” — end up being the most fun, the most like the club night of the mind her base needs right now. Chromatica doesn’t quite achieve space travel, but it lifts us up nevertheless.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/lady-gaga-chromatica-album-review.html

buzzkill

Paradoxically, the more Chromatica plays ball with modern sounds, the less potent it is. Having spent the back half of the last decade following her muse, Lady Gaga isn’t the arbiter of what’s new and hot right now. She doesn’t seem to want to be. She doesn’t have to be. As a kind of Confessions on a Dance Floor move, where a singer revisits her year-one ideas and obsessions with the poise and wisdom she’s learned since, the new album is a treat. When it tries to settle into 2020, it comes out sounding like 2017. “Sour Candy” was dragged online for sounding like Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish.” “Plastic Doll” sounds like one of the peppier moments from Taylor Swift’s Reputation. The production on “Fun Tonight” is too tame for the vocal. The songs that encourage Gaga to belt out leads like Martha Wash and CeCe Peniston — see: “Alice,” “Rain on Me,” “Enigma,” “Sine From Above” — end up being the most fun, the most like the club night of the mind her base needs right now. Chromatica doesn’t quite achieve space travel, but it lifts us up nevertheless.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/06/lady-gaga-chromatica-album-review.html

at least it doesnt count to MC

GC1234

I swear some of these reviewers wait In the wings/ shadows just so they can rain on Gaga’s parade :bye:

Get that fire exit door, I’m off...

Anveeroy

Chromalude isn't safe today :messga:

Anveeroy
Just now, daisy said:

How many reviews? Score? 

no update yet 

Haldy

The Vulture one isn't negative though, just had good points and bad points. Maybe a 70?

Anveeroy
Just now, Haldy said:

The Vulture one isn't negative though, just had good points and bad points. Maybe a 70?

I'm guessing 75, what about SPIN? 

buzzkill
Just now, Haldy said:

that's what i'm aiming for

:sis:

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived