💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

BBC: Can Lady Gaga become the world’s biggest pop star once more?

Gaby15

Featured Posts

Gaby15

Can Lady Gaga become the world’s biggest pop star once more?

"After a delay due to the coronavirus crisis, the US musician is releasing her long-awaited sixth album Chromatica. And it is a critical career moment for her"

"She may have initially captured our attention with a breathtaking succession of pop art-inspired visuals, but 12 years into her career, she’s also proven she can stun without bells and whistles."

"However, as she prepares to drop Chromatica – a record Gaga says will make people “rejoice even in their saddest moments” – it feels like a pivotal moment in her career. More than a decade into her superstardom, will this album confirm her as one of pop’s all-time greats? Or will it provide ammunition for critics who dismiss her as a clever shape-shifter who can’t always transcend her influences?"

"Gaga is now riding high on the enormous box office success of 2018's A Star Is Born, her first major film role. Her Oscars win for co-writing Shallow, a classic-sounding country-rock ballad, only adds to her critical cachet. “That clout gives her lots of room to be creative and experimental for her next few album cycles,” she says. This dynamism, perhaps, is a key component of Gaga's own brand of greatness – instead of churning out a safe collection of Shallow soundalikes, she's come back with Chromatica, an album aimed straight and unashamedly at the global pop jugular." 

"Whatever happens next, it’s hard to deny she’s displaying the ambition and singular vision of a truly great artist."

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200525-can-lady-gaga-become-the-worlds-biggest-pop-star-once-more

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
melon

how can she be the world’s biggest pop star when she’s on Chromatica :oprah:

heauxmatica

She will never have the success she had in 2010 ever again. But I believe the danger of her fading into obscurity after ARTPOP is long gone and she will always be here with some highs and some lows. And now she's on a high.

homomo
Just now, Brecht said:

She will never have the success she had in 2010 ever again. But I believe the danger of her fading into obscurity after ARTPOP is long gone and she will always be here with some highs and some lows. And now she's on a high.

I’m pretty sure she topped that from late 2018 to mid 2019

buzzkill
2 minutes ago, Brecht said:

its. :sis:

2010 was a completely different time for her, Gaga has nothing to prove to anyone anymore. She's gonna be remembered whether people like it or not. 2018-2019 was when she reached the acclaim, she can do anything now.

EuphoricVibez
23 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Honestly, I feel like she's on a high, but a different level of one, even more so than in 2010. I'd even go as far as to say she's getting way more acclaim, and praise than she ever thought about getting then.

He/him/his

Jonathanholland
2 minutes ago, homomo said:

I’m pretty sure she topped that from late 2018 to mid 2019

In some aspects yes, but in general she didn't have the same impact as in 2008-2011. Just look at Google trends:

https://trends.google.nl/trends/explore?date=all&q=lady Gaga

I sometimes get the feeling many people here don't really know how undeniably big Gaga was back then. 

Before there was love, there was silence

1 minute ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Honestly, I feel like she's on a high, but a different level of one, even more so than in 2010.

THIS ! She's now a peer to the younger pop stars, i don't care what anyone says. Everybody is excited for Chromatica !

9 minutes ago, Brecht said:

All careers have highs and lows. Look at Madonna's career, look at Britney's especially and now Katy's. It's natural and no doubt, Taylor will likely experience that soon anyways if she hasn't started to dip already. Adele won't stay selling 20m albums per album cycle forever either

2 minutes ago, JOSHMATICA said:

THIS ! She's now a peer to the younger pop stars, i don't care what anyone says. Everybody is excited for Chromatica !

*Role model

*Mentor figure

teatree123
11 minutes ago, melon said:

how can she be the world’s biggest pop star when she’s on Chromatica :oprah:

Guess she'll just have to settle for being the biggest pop star in the universe:trollga:

Archived