Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is Hey Girl so unliked on GGD?

Delusional

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

It's very underwhelming and goes on for too long. 

I love the message though and their vocals are amazing, but the execution isn't for me.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
funkyhaus

Florence is my favourite artist ever but it was such a waste of potential. 
Should have dueted on Sinner’s Prayer or a new song :triggered:

metalguru

Too flat and simple and I heard that melody thousand times before... 

And like Come to Mama it tries to be natural but ends up self-conscious and démodé.

Juanne

I like Come To Mama, Sinner's Prayer, Just Another Day, and Hey Girl more than I like ROM

ToxicHot

Because lack of taste. :toofunny: I for one, happen to love it. It’s one of her “sweetest” songs, possibly ever. One of her absolute best? No. But I love the sound and sentiment. It’s down-tempo pop that flirts with R&B. 

The collaboration was so lovely and authentic, haven’t y’all seen the 5 Foot 2 documentary? Maybe it could've been better, but it's far from one of her worst (especially on Joanne).

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

MANiCURE 6

I think you have to be in a specific mood to enjoy this song but yeah, I agree with you !

The Edge Of Glory

Don't like this song honey, sorry :huntyga:

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

Dr Fudge

I’ve never felt like it was mixed well enough. Florence’s vocals overpower Gaga’s.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Spyro

These two women are my life, but I was expecting something from HBHBHB, not something that's a watered down version of that.  Also, I can't stop listening to benny and the jets and it's distracting.  I'm here if they duet again tho.

Spyro the Dragon

RebeldeFaith

I like the song but mostly because two of my faves are in it, not because I consider it a great song. Is good but not great. Both of they discographies are full of bops and bangers and they came up with that. I was expecting a powerful song like Spectrum tbh.

Something something idk

Monsterxo

I expected something iconic and epic, instead we got one of the biggest 'fillers' in Gaga's discography.

1 hour ago, ice bear said:

because we love gaga, we love florence, but hey girl was a waste of the united potential

I don’t hate the song, but I agree with this. I’m a huge fan of both but the song did very little for me. 

huttont
1 hour ago, Marjol said:

I personally expected something so different it was hard to enjoy this at first.

I love Florence voice and writing and I feel both didn't really get to shine in this song. 

I love that it's meant to be empowering but I expected it to be a bit more explosive and joyous sounding, hard to explain.

This exactly. I expected it to be like All This and Heaven, or No Light No Light, or What Kind of Man. We got a song that just stays flat the whole time

RedOneKonvictGaga

I think people expected more than what the song gives

It's just too plain and boring for a collab between two great artists 

Archived