Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

12. I Was Gonna Cancel - Average Score: 6.35

Highest Score: 10 @GaGaLB @Harry X @MingersPrayer @Cupid Boy

Lowest Score: 0 @shoful @Spock

COMMENTS:

@bionic What Sweetener shouldve been like

@Future Nostalgia It’s low-key cheesy but I love it.

@Yxilon This is the first track I do not like. The second chord is a weird choice. The bells do not combine nicely with the euro-synths. The "go-go-go" part is a big no. Overall, this is a messy track. I wish I was gonna cancel this track from her discography, god why is this a single?

@SabadoDeGloria Sigh. I really love this song too (and the video). Drag me.

@joannester Nice uplifting lyrics without being overly cheesy.

@Blown Away I had high expectations for this song, judging by the title. Somehow it very much intruigues me. While I'm a little bit disappointed by it, it's not even close to the disappointment I had with Cupid Boy on Aphrodite. At least I Was Gonna Cancel is a cute, fun song.

@culturalbaptismPharrell ruins another song.

@Maleficent actually my least favourite track on the album production wise. pharell should stop ruining pop-girls sounds.

@Lionel Ronaldo This song is cancelled, it's not a strong production in my opinion

@Luk It's good and catchy, but Pharell always finds a way to kind of **** on things (wtf is "than a mirror is too woman, just the same as a dog is to man"?)

@Brecht It took me a long time to appreciate the song. I thought the production was too tacky but I actually really like it now. I like the idea of the video also, but it is so cheaply made! Opportunity missed.

@CautiousLurker Sorry gurl, Beyonce did it better

@PinkJelly You can instantly tell this track was written by Pharrell Williams, hasn’t aged as well as some of the other tracks for me - almost always a skip for me

@BobinaI felt like this song was speaking right to my depressed ass. Get outa bed AND GO GIRL!

@Spock Trash, trash, trash. Possibly the worst song of Kylie’s career. Everything from Roc Nation forcing her to release it as a single (ew), to Pharrel (ew), to that “100 people in the room” type soundbite she repeated in EVERY interview, to getting sued for the video was A MESS. This song is like the physical representation of everything that went wrong with the era, and no self respecting Kylie fan likes it (I don’t make the rules sorry). Kylie hates it, you should too.

@Judas SocietyIt's a song about her wanting to cancel a recording session. Lol...I mean, it's kinda mundane but with a production that sounds like it belongs in Daft Punk's Random Access Memories.

@shoful I HATE Pharrell Williams. His production ruins like every song I listen to. A stain in this amazing album

@MingersPrayer I actually love this song. It gets a lot of hate in the community - I understand that she’d been paired will Pharrell only because of his huge success at the time - but I really love this bop. Also the music video is slated so heavily but I think there’s a real basis for something great. Love the concept & styling. It was a change nice for kylie. Biggest issue is budget. The same people / scenes are used over and over. If they’d shot his on location (an interaction in NYC) with many extras the concept would’ve been worked well. Anyway, I think the song is strong.

@JewelsdeloveI hate the instrumental. Some of the melodies are beautiful but some of them are not. It's a weird song.

@MattA grower.

@heygurlhi cute

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

y'all wrote essays :billie:

Anveeroy
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

Omg yeeees! I'm in!!! :sis:

:ladyhaha:

LoLaA
Just now, Aarghya said:

y'all wrote essays :billie:

Sorry :oops:

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

heygurlhi
Just now, Aarghya said:

ghest Score: 10 @GaGaLB @Harry X @MingersPrayer @Cupid Boy

COMMENTS:

@Yxilon This is the first track I do not like. The second chord is a weird choice. The bells do not combine nicely with the euro-synths. The "go-go-go" part is a big no. Overall, this is a messy track. I wish I was gonna cancel this track from her discography, god why is this a single?

@Blown Away I had high expectations for this song, judging by the title. Somehow it very much intruigues me. While I'm a little bit disappointed by it, it's not even close to the disappointment I had with Cupid Boy on Aphrodite. At least I Was Gonna Cancel is a cute, fun song.

@Maleficent actually my least favourite track on the album production wise. pharell should stop ruining pop-girls sounds.

@Lionel Ronaldo This song is cancelled, it's not a strong production in my opinion

@Luk It's good and catchy, but Pharell always finds a way to kind of **** on things (wtf is "than a mirror is too woman, just the same as a dog is to man"?)

@Brecht It took me a long time to appreciate the song. I thought the production was too tacky but I actually really like it now. I like the idea of the video also, but it is so cheaply made! Opportunity missed.

@PinkJelly You can instantly tell this track was written by Pharrell Williams, hasn’t aged as well as some of the other tracks for me - almost always a skip for me

@BobinaI felt like this song was speaking right to my depressed ass. Get outa bed AND GO GIRL!

@Spock Trash, trash, trash. Possibly the worst song of Kylie’s career. Everything from Roc Nation forcing her to release it as a single (ew), to Pharrel (ew), to that “100 people in the room” type soundbite she repeated in EVERY interview, to getting sued for the video was A MESS. This song is like the physical representation of everything that went wrong with the era, and no self respecting Kylie fan likes it (I don’t make the rules sorry). Kylie hates it, you should too.

@Judas SocietyIt's a song about her wanting to cancel a recording session. Lol...I mean, it's kinda mundane but with a production that sounds like it belongs in Daft Punk's Random Access Memories.

@shoful I HATE Pharrell Williams. His production ruins like every song I listen to. A stain in this amazing album

@MingersPrayer I actually love this song. It gets a lot of hate in the community - I understand that she’d been paired will Pharrell only because of his huge success at the time - but I really love this bop. Also the music video is slated so heavily but I think there’s a real basis for something great. Love the concept & styling. It was a change nice for kylie. Biggest issue is budget. The same people / scenes are used over and over. If they’d shot his on location (an interaction in NYC) with many extras the concept would’ve been worked well. Anyway, I think the song is strong.

@JewelsdeloveI hate the instrumental. Some of the melodies are beautiful but some of them are not. It's a weird song.

@MattA grower.

@heygurlhi cute

@shoful @Spock

200.gif

Ignore me i drink

LoLaA
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

ghest Score: 10 @GaGaLB @Harry X @MingersPrayer @Cupid Boy

COMMENTS:

@MattA grower.

@heygurlhi cute

I'm ok with this. 

Blown Away

Why does everybody hate IWGC? Is there a background story that I've missed. It's not that good, but it's at least cute. The Get Outta My Way of Kiss Me Once.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Yxilon
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Her worst, messiest, MDNAest single ever.

How tf is the whole album getting above 6.3 except Beautiful which is 4.5 :bradley: taste almost lost

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

LoLaA
2 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

How tf is the whole album getting above 6.3 except Beautiful which is 4.5 :bradley: taste almost lost

Wow I didn't even notice, I didn't expect that

Anveeroy

So which one didn't make it to top10 - 

Mr. President 

or 

Les Sex

??

Archived