đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are you glad streaming ended greatest hits?

culturalbaptism

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Well, she says so herself. Enigma is the first and only time in her career she ever did some sort of retrospective project. She has hundreds of unreleased songs she could choose from for future releases, and yet she always wants to come up with new material.

I love the Enigma set list. It has all her biggest hits plus cuts from her other albums that are as good as the singles. It have a playlist of it. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

It may not be necessary to put a greatest hits album out for streaming purposes but...

It can make sense to do it if they wanna make an era out of it

Say like a greatest hits tour

Basically what Cher does every time she does her "last farewell tour" with a few songs from a new album slapped on to it :enigma:

DiskoBaby

I'm really glad they ended the NOW that's what I call music compilations. 

1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Well, she says so herself. Enigma is the first and only time in her career she ever did some sort of retrospective project. She has hundreds of unreleased songs she could choose from for future releases, and yet she always wants to come up with new material.

She's been doing it since ARTPOP. 

The VMA performance of Applause literally had her changing into all of her previous iconic looks. 

Superbowl. 

Reaction, while positive, to the JWT en masse was that it felt like a greatest hits show. 

As did Enigma. 

Also keep in mind she consistently plays all of her previous hit singles in full versus medleys, making way for all of the new music. 

There's a reason that around Superbowl timeframe the media started to refer to her as a legacy act. 

I love the old music, sure, but she should stop hammering in the biggest hits of her past and start focusing on the new material, successful or not. 

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

She's been doing it since ARTPOP. 

The VMA performance of Applause literally had her changing into all of her previous iconic looks. 

Superbowl. 

Reaction, while positive, to the JWT en masse was that it felt like a greatest hits show. 

As did Enigma. 

Also keep in mind she consistently plays all of her previous hit singles in full versus medleys, making way for all of the new music. 

There's a reason that around Superbowl timeframe the media started to refer to her as a legacy act. 

I love the old music, sure, but she should stop hammering in the biggest hits of her past and start focusing on the new material, successful or not. 

She sang Million Reasons, which was her current single, at the SuperBowl, and of course she sang all of her biggest hits... It's the SuperBowl. Don't really know what you're trying to prove, but OK.

Anveeroy

Don't come for Kylie :ally:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

JRCF29

I mean P!nk's Greatest Hits Album didn't make a mess of her discography:ohwell: nor will Miss Gaga's (titled ADELE) when it is released next Friday in place of Chromatica:vegas:

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
14 minutes ago, Doot said:

I didn't realize John Wayne, Angel Down, Scheisse, Bloody Mary, Dancin in Circles, Diamond Heart, and A-Yo were greatest hits

Don't Call Me Gaga

33 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She sang Million Reasons, which was her current single, at the SuperBowl, and of course she sang all of her biggest hits... It's the SuperBowl. Don't really know what you're trying to prove, but OK.

I'm simply saying that her "looking back" and holding onto elements from the heights of her commerical success isn't something new. She's been doing it for a while. 

26 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

I didn't realize John Wayne, Angel Down, Scheisse, Bloody Mary, Dancin in Circles, Diamond Heart, and A-Yo were greatest hits

Neither were Grigio Girls, Sinners Prayer, Just Another Day and Hey Girl. 

Oh wait. She didn't perform those. :billie:

JRCF29
Just now, Doot said:

Neither were Grigio Girls, Sinners Prayer, Just Another Day and Hey Girl. 

Oh wait. She didn't perform those. :billie:

Ok? Singers don't generally perform the entirety of their new album, especially considering two of those are deluxe tracks

Don't Call Me Gaga

1 minute ago, JRCF29 said:

Ok? Singers don't generally perform the entirety of their new album, especially considering two of those are deluxe tracks

The point I was trying to make to the other user based upon his post that Enigma was the first time she's ever really "looked back" and celebrated her career until that point, is incorrect. 

She still cuts current tracks for the albums respective tours in order to include the previous successful singles (which is fine), she did an entire performance dedicated to her prior career with the VMAs (Applause), she's celebrated her overall career highlights with the Half Time Show (still not complaining, just pointing out an example), and Enigma is another example. 

I think her comments about "not looking back" she made in 5F2 was referring to her simply rehashing old styles and themes and doing what she knows is commericially successful versus moving forward and exploring new ideas. 

elijahfan
23 minutes ago, Doot said:

I'm simply saying that her "looking back" and holding onto elements from the heights of her commerical success isn't something new. She's been doing it for a while. 

You can’t expect a pop star not to perform her biggest hits at her shows... What you are also not mentioning is that she basically sings 90% of her newest album on its corresponding tour. On some dates, it can go up to 100%. She’s making every track shine, not just the singles. She’s hardly relying on old material only. No more than any other artist.

Musicisfreedom

The only greatest hits albums i really listen to is The Immaculate Collection (Madonna) and Les Mots (Mylène Farmer), but i do like to have them in my collection regardless, so yes i miss them. I've never been a playlist type of person though, I've always preferred a full body of work like albums

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived