Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I actually like Stupid Love

darkchylde

Featured Posts

Red
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

my little siblings (except the youngest :billie: ) + cousin all hated SL and they love Gaga as much as I do. There is such a thing as an opinion. 

I didn't say we all love it, I just mean that liking it is not an unpopular opinion, it's not like Perfect Illusion.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z

I still listen to it like 5 times a day. It's not her best song but it's really uplifting. It's like "dance until you die" 

It's definitely a bop. 

Wouldn't say it's a banger, but within Gaga's overall catalog of songs, it's a nice addition. 

marching music video GIF by Lady Gaga

Aga Gydal

I think it's a finessed evolution of her earlier sound - the production is tighter, her vocals have more punch and intention, and the melody is such an earworm. I think it's one of her best. Once we pull away from judging it as "the introduction to the Chromatica era" I think people will be more fair towards it. 

One of the best songs to come out in a WHILE! I love it so much! :firega:

Prostitute Barbie

I like it, but for the lead single I think she’s going to have multiple tracks on Chromatica that would have deserved that honor wayyy more :trollga:

Dramatica
1 minute ago, BrownEyess said:

I like it, but for the lead single I think she’s going to have multiple tracks on Chromatica that would have deserved that honor wayyy more :trollga:

Didn't we say the same for Born This Way?

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Animal Claws
34 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

my little siblings (except the youngest :billie: ) + cousin all hated SL and they love Gaga as much as I do. There is such a thing as an opinion. 

thats wrong no GIF

DiskoBaby

I like the song too and I didn't even know it leaked months beforehand. 

rasclautmangos

I've always liked it. It's just not a song I can listen to over and over again like I can some of Gaga’s other songs 

Patrick Garcia

The song is great overall and I liked it since it leaked. But, I had a hard time digesting that chipmunk voice. I mean, the melody at the intro and chorus are really good, but I think the chipmunk voice makes the song sound a little bit "cheap". I really think the sound of a guitar would do better and would match the disco vibe of the DWUW-like synth. It would make the song sound more posh.

But, as I said before, I like it overall. Gaga's vocals are great, the entire melody is catchy and changes three times before the chorus - so I don't think SL needed a big chorus - and I loved the return of the DWUW synth, I know she already used it but it doesn't sound dated and with DWUW being cancelled I like to hear its synth in a major Gaga release again, I just hope she doesn's use it for a third time though. 

SL sounds literally like a fusion between DWUW, BTW the song and The Cure. It doesn't have that element of surprise but it is a good song and imo is better than The Cure and BTW the song and have a better energy than DWUW. It pass, but Gaga can do much better.

Genuine Guy 09

OK long post, I'll give my opinion and why I think people feel how they do on the song. I believe people formed their opinion more on the fact its called a 'lead'. Expectations were high for a song that sounds fine on an album. Once you pick a song as a single people judge it differently. Honestly, the song itself is solid. It's very Gaga and pays homage to her old hits. The 80sness is good. 

The problem lies in the fact that it has no replayability because it can be quite noisy to listen to (there's a lot going on) and the concept and lyrics of the song are weak. Coupled along with the bloodpop trademark of a chorus with more focus on the instrumental. The instrumental to listen to on headphones can be busy, unlike Justin Bieber bloodpop song 'Friends'. 

This is why I believe it became one of the big radio hits this year, but didn't impact charts past that - It came across as 'radio filler'. Speakers really compliment the sound of the song. Headphones not so much. 

I don't also believe people hated the song. It was a grower. The song itself had an amazing first week charts wise WW, taking into account that its longevity has been poor. For example it sold more than SWU first week in the UK. 

I believe the song was made and put out with the sole intention of being a reintroduction to Gaga in the pop sense, and advertise the bloodpop meets Gaga sound. If we look at the era original plan, the album and 2nd single coming out 4/5 weeks later - showed that her label knew that it wouldn't have longevity. Other artists release their leads months before their album drop. 

So finally imo it wasn't strong enough to meet our expectations of what a Gaga 'lead' is supposed to wound like, but it does meet our expectations of a decent Gaga Song. I believe they put the song out solely for pop radio and therefore it lost a lot of things that people expect from a lead single. 

Sorry to talk so much about commercial success but I feel that tied into people hating the song 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Archived