Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I actually like Stupid Love

darkchylde

Featured Posts

darkchylde

so i just listened to it again after playing the free woman demo... turns out it's a banger... i think i overplayed it on march and that's why i didn't listen to it at all in april... i'm glad i'm back on my senses before chromatica comes out :vegas:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red

Hmmmm hating Stupid Love is not really a thing tbh, it's just that the haters are loud and the rest doesn't bother.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

tylerjs

It’s because you have taste! Unlike some people on this site :trollga:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

NFRatwell
Just now, Red said:

Hmmmm hating Stupid Love is not really a thing tbh, it's just that the haters are loud and the rest doesn't bother.

After the real haters said it wouldn’t peak top 10 and she debuted at 5 they’ve been really quite. We love to see it. 

Agunimon

Stupid Love took a while for me to like because it took a while for me to get past the need for a super high quality song. And nobody needs to attack my wording there in defense of it. I don't need the stupid love army attacking me about how it's a quality song. You all know what I mean by that.

Red
Just now, NFRockwell said:

After the real haters said it wouldn’t peak top 10 and she debuted at 5 they’ve been really quite. We love to see it. 

Hmm should I send you a link for the Chromatica Thread? :awkney:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

gagaschickens

I agree! It's really fun and I grew to love the music video!

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

gagzus

i really like it, as an OG stan it really takes me back to the feelings of her debut when all she had was 3 outfits and a dream. That and the FW demo make me very excited for this album.

Luke78619

I love it so much I still listen to at at least three times a day, no exaggeration, it’s so fun and dancey and the video did a great job with portraying the mood, I’m always dancing the choreography when I listen :party:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Reality

SL isn't a bad song at all; it's a great song.

The problem, I think, was that we all got so used to the song when it officially released that people were kinda over it at that point. I mean, when she announced SL, the full song had already been out there for a month.

I don't care what song it is, or how passionate you may feel about it, but one month of just one song straight will tire out anyone. This goes for people (like myself) who still love to listen to and bop out to SL today. I mean, after a month of listening to a leak, and then after months of having no other song besides SL after it officially released, it can seem exhausting.

That said, the song itself is great. I think that it gets a lot of unnecessary criticism here. Like, as amazing as Babylon, FW, and ROM sound, if they leaked a month before and then we went into a drought where there was no other new Gaga song released, we'd all get tired of them too. 

🃏🖤👹

Cello

It's a great song! My favourite lead single since BR. :firega:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

FlopSlurper
13 minutes ago, Red said:

my little siblings (except the youngest :billie: ) + cousin all hated SL and they love Gaga as much as I do. There is such a thing as an opinion. 

geusst1235

The overwhelming majority of people have actually enjoyed both the song and music video, but similarly to Enigma there is an extremely vocal minority of "fans" that feel the need to consistently parade their overtly negative opinions (not those who present their critques in a mature manner, which are obviously fine) around for whatever reason.

papergangster

I love it! Certified BOP. Also it’s one of my favorite music videos from her!! 

Archived