đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Xtina won grammy over Britney, but who stayed relevant? ?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

StuckInMyMind

Christina won because she’s still herself.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

Oh please, as if Madonna hasn't done it before with Erotica and Janet with janet.

That's like saying EVERYTHING Madonna or Janet ever did, Donna Sommer has already done way before them.

Please...

41 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

Meanwhile Christina miss Voice of a Generation inspired countless current pop girls. There's a reason Christina won best new artist. Christina was even more successful than Britney. Don't forget that Britney era was a massive underperformance while Stripped have 4 top 10s.

You know that Toxic by "Mrs Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" is bigger than Christina's whole career and life, right?

Nobody even remembers forgotten Stripped or those hits.  Britney's recurrent discography stats abuses Christina's.

culturalbaptism
3 minutes ago, mzncb said:

That's like saying EVERYTHING Madonna or Janet ever did, Donna Sommer has already done.

You know that Toxic is bigger than Christina's whole career and life, right?

Did Donna Sommer talk freely about sex in her art/performances/music during the AIDS pandemic? Did Donna Sommer display a type of choreography that was performed only by males at the time while singing about racism, drug war, gun violence and education of children?

Do not undermine Madonna's and Janet's importance to music, culture, feminism and racism.

On-topic: Britney Spears was a 90s acts made of Max Martin pop music that had no impact in culture. Christina on the other hand played the "Britney" game during her first era than released Stripped, her true debut in music with her vision that talks about depression, sexual liberation, feminism and other important topics.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Galvon

Hmm, ok, just wondering, what exactly are yall trying to achieve with this tread??

culturalbaptism
1 minute ago, Galvon said:

Hmm, ok, just wondering, what exactly are yall trying to achieve with this tread??

A non discreet way to say Christina is irrelevant while the most successful pop girls today are inspired by her.

gypsy101

idk if anyone pointed out that OP was wrong, Christina has had 7 hits since 2006. sure it’s not a ton but don’t come complaining and then be wrong lol

Galvon
9 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

A non discreet way to say Christina is irrelevant while the most successful pop girls today are inspired by her.

A waste of energy really.:saladga:

2 hours ago, culturalbaptism said:

Did Donna Sommer talk freely about sex in her art/performances/music during the AIDS pandemic? Did Donna Sommer display a type of choreography that was performed only by males at the time while singing about racism, drug war, gun violence and education of children?

Do not undermine Madonna's and Janet's importance to music, culture, feminism and racism.

So after you named only their albums you slyly try to add all this other stuff.

Yes, all that stuff your saying is just want Donna Sommer started in the 70s and Madonna and Janet merely continued after Donna paved the way for them.

On-topic: Britney Spears was a 90s acts made of Max Martin pop music that had no impact in culture. Christina on the other hand played the "Britney" game during her first era than released Stripped, her true debut in music with her vision that talks about depression, sexual liberation, feminism and other important topics.

On-topic Christina was a 90s act made of Britney. 

Again, Toxic's impact blows away anything Christina has ever done and is far more remembered than Christina's music.

The same way the 'voice of a generation' was inspired by Britney?

culturalbaptism
4 hours ago, mzncb said:

So after you named only their albums you slyly try to add all this other stuff.

Yes, all that stuff your saying is just want Donna Sommer started in the 70s and Madonna and Janet merely continued after Donna paved the way for them.

On-topic Christina was a 90s act made of Britney. 

Again, Toxic's impact blows away anything Christina has ever done and is far more remembered than Christina's music.

The same way the 'voice of a generation' was inspired by Britney?

The "voice of a generation" nickname is because Christina has a great voice. Whitney Houston herself acknowledged Christina's talent. Britney Spears had literally someone else to sing the songs on her album and let's not pretend she's not well known for the heavy use of lip syncing.

I didn't name albums. I just stated the truth, that Madonna and Janet Jackson are the pillars of female pop.

54b27c6135ceedac3b20a677dd0af4fa.jpg madonna-blond-ambition-tour.jpg

This is unprecedented.

DiskoBaby

While Justin Timberlake's last album kinda flopped, he's still in a better place in the public eye and musically then both of these two women. So I say Justin Won. 

CantGetEnough
20 hours ago, Rio said:

Neither are legends. They're icons - Britney being the bigger one

Regardless of terms, my point original point stands. 

33 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

The "voice of a generation" nickname is because Christina has a great voice. Whitney Houston herself acknowledged Christina's talent.

The origin's of Christina's mainstream fame is her bubblegum pop image. PERIOD.

As everyone has credited the Baby One More Time VIDEO to Britney's own creation, Christina remains a 90s pop act created by Britney.

And everyone knows the VIDEO, not the song, made her famous.

36 minutes ago, culturalbaptism said:

I didn't name albums. I just stated the truth, that Madonna and Janet Jackson are the pillars of female pop.

54b27c6135ceedac3b20a677dd0af4fa.jpg madonna-blond-ambition-tour.jpg

This is unprecedented.

In your thread, you said Erotica and janet.  Much of these themes derive from Donna Summer.

I agree that Madonna and Janet did have impact.  And so did Britney.  Christina herself is living proof of this among plenty of other areas.

22 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

While Justin Timberlake's last album kinda flopped, he's still in a better place in the public eye and musically then both of these two women. So I say Justin Won. 

They really should not be pitted against each other anymore, I agree.  But the thread was initiated and some comments needed correction.

culturalbaptism
1 minute ago, mzncb said:

The origin's of Christina's mainstream fame is her bubblegum pop image. PERIOD.

As everyone has credited the Baby One More Time VIDEO to Britney's own creation, Christina remains a 90s pop act created by Britney.

And everyone knows the VIDEO, not the song, made her famous.

In your thread, you said Erotica and janet.  Much of these themes derive from Donna Summer.

I agree that Madonna and Janet did have impact.  And so did Britney.  Christina herself is living proof of this among plenty of other areas.

They really should not be pitted against each other anymore, I agree.  But the thread was initiated and some comments needed correction.

1. Christina played the industry game. She knew she would have to pull a "I'm a nice virgin girl" before she could show us who she is. And so she did it. Stripped and Back To Basics are among the best 2000s and all time albums.

2. What made her famous was her great voice. Not a team behind her.

3. In what way? Elaborate.

4. Madonna and Janet are impact. Britney is an icon at most. Christina was a legend right after Burlesque.

5. I'm done with this as well. Christina is a skinny youthful legend who has a husband that loves her and her two kids, not to mention the power over her life and finances.

Archived