đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Xtina won grammy over Britney, but who stayed relevant? ?

Britney Jean1

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Neither :billie:

Honestly at that time, none of them deserve to be nominated for best new artist. Let alone win the Award!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Britney Jean1 said:

Remember when Xtina won over Britney for Best New Artist? After that Xtina kept on wining more and Britney was always snubbed! Yes grateful that brit brit has other awards that not everybody have them such as the millennium award, icon award and Vanguard award, however, Grammys didn’t recognize her. People back then would say that xtina career will last longer and Britney will fade away! Yet after 20 years in her career she released glory with top #20 hit single and despite the lack of promotion except for some radio interview and a VMA performance Glory debuted at #3 with 111K in its first week! Whereas xtina last effort debuted at 7 with 70K first week sales to drop out of the charts completely in its second week. None of Xtina singles made it into the HOT #100. And she didn’t have any top 40 single since 2006! Except for those features! So who won:heart:

Tbh, both are flops now, no matter how you say Glory did well against Xtina. Who rarely releases music now btw.

Xtina has definitely had a few big features hits since 2006 lol, I can assure you. She was never as big as Britney anyways. But neither have a career like they used to and they didnt sustain well. Britney can barely scrape 1M worldwide with an album now, which is shockingly considering how much her first few albums sold.

Wet Fire

Well...It's universally acknowledged that Christina is a much better "singer" than Britney so that played in Christina's favour. Britney is one of the few women who have had a massive pop cultural impact. Christina is one of the best vocalists to be popular in the 2000s (technically late 90s and early 2000s).

Economy
34 minutes ago, plasticalice said:

Britney is a label-puppet robot. She has no artistic vision and creates 1% of her work. She consistently lip syncs and no one seems to care about this. The only thing she can do is dance (barely nowadays), but dancing can be learned by any artist. Overall, she's the epitome of mediocre white girl.

But she was an amazing performer and dancer. At the very least she's gotta get credit for that!

That's why I don't consider Britney an artist. Your not an artist if people do most of the creative work for you

But she was a great entertainer and performer.

bionic

I'd say Xtina is more relevant in the modern day. Whereas Britney is "that singer from the 00s who had a meltdown", Xtina had The Voice going for her in modern times 

buy bionic

BrickMonster

I think Britney is more "relevant" today in the sense that she's more of a recognizable pop culture figure that people love to reference. Whereas Xtina, while known to be more vocally skilled, is now more a "celebrity" now, especially having been a The Voice judge. 

15 minutes ago, Rio said:

Tbh, both are flops now, no matter how you say Glory did well against Xtina. Who rarely releases music now btw.

Xtina has definitely had a few big features hits since 2006 lol, I can assure you. She was never as big as Britney anyways. But neither have a career like they used to and they didnt sustain well. Britney can barely scrape 1M worldwide with an album now, which is shockingly considering how much her first few albums sold.

Christina's stopped being a huge artist in 2006, while Britney stopped being a huge artist in 2014.

Britney is still a huge artist though, she can easily make a huge comeback if she releases commercial songs. Britney Jean was horrible, and while Glory is one of her best, its not songs that will make it commercially successful.

Dadru
1 hour ago, Dadru said:

Bionic was ahead of it's time :vegas:

Why am I getting lmao's for this :laughga:

Davian
3 minutes ago, Dadru said:

Why am I getting lmao's for this :laughga:

Because it’s still ahead of it’s time and some people haven’t realized it yet:queenga:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

gagzus

i mean in all fairness neither one of them are relevant still, they still make amazing music though that's what matters

9 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Christina's stopped being a huge artist in 2006, while Britney stopped being a huge artist in 2014.

Britney is still a huge artist though, she can easily make a huge comeback if she releases commercial songs. Britney Jean was horrible, and while Glory is one of her best, its not songs that will make it commercially successful.

Nah. I don't think Britney could. Her star has very much faded. Both of them have. But good points. Tbh, Britney stopped being huge after 2011-2012 in my opinion. 

CantGetEnough

They have both ebbed and flowed. I'm not sure their last two albums are any more relevant than one another. I personally prefer Christina because she always has been more of an "album artist" and I really prefer an entire, cohesive album to sharp singles (Britney obviously would win the single-war). I actually love Liberation, it is one of my favorite albums of 2018. I think the "album artist" route and reputation has led to Christina having more success with awards entities. Liberation itself got two Grammy nominations despite being labeled a "flop". 

I don't think their relevance "over" one another is relevant at this point. They're both legends and it seems like both are at a place where they are making the music they want to. Let's be honest, as a pop girl, it's really not worth chasing the charts after 35 (not in the streaming era, at least). Just focus on the music you want to make.

Britney Jean1
Just now, Rio said:

worldwide with an album now, which is shockingly considering how much her first few albums sold.

Do you think artist can do well on the charts forever??? no one can do that! Not even.. idk.. just no other artist is able to keep on selling million of records through the whole of their career. Happy that Britney is the last female artist to sold 100M album tho

Slim

Saint Gaga

Xtina >>>>>> Britney & that's the tea.Better voice,better discography (Stripped & B2B>>>>Blackout,ITZ) & more pretty

Archived