Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Azealia Banks

inuborg

Featured Posts

inuborg

I'm sure she has. Otherwise, I don't think she would have made such a celebration out of her departure... I think.

idk, sometimes AB's thought processes are very askew

Oh and that thread just has the same dweeb replying essays pfft. Aint no body got time for that. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 32.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Staryu

idk, sometimes AB's thought processes are very askew

Oh and that thread just has the same dweeb replying essays pfft. Aint no body got time for that.

mte

inuborg

inb4 someone reports me for calling him a dweeb :emma:

So we better get Wallace soon. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Staryu

There's a whole lot of assumptions and misinformation in here. I am pretty convinced you just want to hate on Azealia no matter what.

:tea:

Hexxx

u guys should go check what I said :emma:

he was really annoying me but I bet he likes AB's music but not her personality so it's okay :emma:

lol I saw it. he really is obsessed. All he does is try to state some logic that doesn't make sense when it's really the same lame statement. "She could have been big but her has a bad attitude."

Anyway we could expect new music now including some videos. The 2012 AB is back :legend:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Essence

She honestly decapitated her career because of her attitude and the fact that the majority of people in the media and in general only know her because of her twitter feuds

She's too hubristic for her own good.

OrphanBlack

"Some times she feels so Inter in the Scope" :music:

Inb4 she gets singed to Def Jam. I'd be here for it tbh. At least her album would've been released by now if she was. Hopefully the good sis leaks it in due time.

MahoganySnitch

Hold on. Five replies above this quote you said:

blacklistedd, on 10 Jul 2014 - 17:55, said:As I said, yeah I like Fantasea, yeah I like her EP, yeah I have no doubt i'll like future releases from her as far as her music goes. But it baffles me that anyone defends her like some people do. Its really delusional.

But then you said:

blacklistedd, on 10 Jul 2014 - 18:30, said:
-and as for gaga being praised for insults, please, shes anything but praised for them. she is blasted for breathing let alone insulting someone. just because some delusional fans on here claim goddess doesn't mean that means anything lol the delusionals of any pop artist are not to be taken seriously.

So if we are delusionals by defending her, then you, by your own logic, cannot take us seriously and continuously reply since "delusionals of any pop artist are not to be taken seriously." Which makes this all moot. 

Alcina Dimitrescu

i loathe how the stan culture makes some people sooo blind to their faves shortcomings. Azealia is really talented and i hope she does good but damn, she didnt do herself any favors and while i'm all for putting art on front, I'm well aware that some level of "selling out" it's required at first (Lana gets it) and every now and then (Gaga and Madonna get it).

OrphanBlack

There's no doubt she's messed up her career. No fan of Azealia on here says otherwise. We all know that she's partly responsible for her downfall. The difference is that detractors want to say that it's all her fault while those who follow her career know that Interscope has not done her any favors, to be honest. She may run her mouth, but if she had the music to back it up, it would be less of an issue. Unfortunately, her label has been delaying the release of her album for years. Not only that, but they had prevented her from releasing a second mixtape as well. Basically, they've been stonewalling her.

Furthermore, I think her attitude is partly a product of the environment in which she grew up. She had a rough childhood. In no way does it excuse her behavior, but it makes me more inclined to be empathetic than hateful.

I agree. The severity of some of her responses show her immaturity, insecurity, and weakness. But I'd also argue the extent to which she's stood up for herself is a sign of strength. She isn't letting people walk all over her whatsoever. She wants to be in control of her own destiny. To be completely honest, I wouldn't be surprised if some of her more sensational tweets weren't attempts to be dropped from her contract. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new Azealia coming forward.

To say that the comments about Gaga are anything but mild, especially coming from Azealia, is laughable. Especially after Gaga made almost the exact same comment about Katy. The second one wasn't even accurate, since Red Flame wasn't used. And the third was even more mild. All she did basically was call her lame. This fanbase has blown up these comments as if Azealia was sending death threats to Gaga. 

I think fans defend her because detractors want to paint her as nothing but a twitter troll when she's a multi-dimensional person like anyone else. The majority of the vitriol on here isn't even a result of some of Azealia's more incendiary comments; people hate her for her mild insults towards Gaga. That's why I defend her. Because that's a stupid reason to hate someone. If she hadn't made those comments about Gaga, she'd be praised as a goddess for attacking Perez. But because of her short and mild beef with Gaga, she's a target. That's stupid. If people have a more substantial issue with her, I understand. I don't share that perspective, but I understand. But the stan wars type mentality towards her? Bull****.

Why is it that you ALWAYS manage to drown everyone in gallons of :tea: sis? Keep at it. Love your posts.

Phlop

Y'all going into tangents about this who.

She messed up her career. Most of us don't hate her for hating Gaga; Lana, Lorde, etc don't like Gaga and we are ok with that. We dislike her because she's homophobic, racist, bitter and plays a victim.

Shame I like her music, but she's putrid.

BYE

Hexxx
Inb4 she gets singed to Def Jam. I'd be here for it tbh. At least her album would've been released by now if she was. Hopefully the good sis leaks it in due time.
I hope so. Now that she is gone from the label she can release new music like unreleased songs, covers and music videos :)

Rat Boy

This is going to far. Let me see what I can do. 

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

MahoganySnitch

I think fans defend her because detractors want to paint her as nothing but a twitter troll when she's a multi-dimensional person like anyone else. The majority of the vitriol on here isn't even a result of some of Azealia's more incendiary comments; people hate her for her mild insults towards Gaga. That's why I defend her. Because that's a stupid reason to hate someone. If she hadn't made those comments about Gaga, she'd be praised as a goddess for attacking Perez. But because of her short and mild beef with Gaga, she's a target. That's stupid. If people have a more substantial issue with her, I understand. I don't share that perspective, but I understand. But the stan wars type mentality towards her? Bull****.

Willy, you're at it again. :tea: 

She messed up her career. Most of us don't hate her for hating Gaga; Lana, Lorde, etc don't like Gaga and we are ok with that. We dislike her because she's homophobic, racist, bitter and plays a victim.

Shame I like her music, but she's putrid.

When did Lorde say she disliked Gaga? 

Hexxx

but she likes white boys :emma: and loves Lana. She said she still liked gaga AFTER their twitter feud

Archived