Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Hollywood Babylon" + "Hollywood Babble-On"

derpmonster

Featured Posts

derpmonster

this is gonna be a messy thread :air:

So it's possible Gaga is referencing these two trashy items of pop culture that I just found :selena: (I know, it's a stretch but hear me out)

1. Hollywood Babylon: "Hollywood Babylon is a book by avant-garde filmmaker Kenneth Anger which purportedly details the sordid scandals of famous Hollywood denizens from the 1900s to the 1950s."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Babylon

This book was filled with made up trash and BS about alleged connections of Hollywood people to satanic stuff, something that sparked numerous conspiracy theories that people believe to this day, whether it's pizzagate, or Soros, or whatever. In fact, they recently started attacking Gaga because she's a part of Hollywood now and if Gaga is indeed aware of this book, she could be playing with it and turning it around like she often does.

2. Hollywood Babble-On: This one's much less likely but it's itself a pun on the book. It's obviously possible Gaga's pun was independent and she has no idea who these people are. Anyway, it's a podcast.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Babble-On

Thots? :gayhat: Anyone think she could be referencing at least the book in El Gee Six?

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Michael Baram

I love that we have no idea what the **** this song is about

at first I thought it was about the ancient city of Babylon, than some of it leaked and we got that horrid babble on pun and now this? knowing her its probably all of it and some more

derpmonster
Just now, Michael Baram said:

got that horrid babble on pun

:ladyhaha:

Ngl I felt the same way initially but it grew on me. It's cheesy in the way that the Fame lyrics were. It's campy and tongue in cheek. But I understand that it's not to everyone's taste.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Lucas

There has been so many conspiracies/rumors/revelations of artists themselves talking about weird stuff happening in Hollywood that it cannot just be a lie lol. It'd be such a cool concept for a song to talk about the mistery around Hollywood

Lord Temptation

Maybe she is referencing all these concepts and more. I mean Babylon is not just an actual place; it’s a metaphorical place in certain religious, linguistic, symbolic and cultural contexts. I don’t know how Babylon and Chromatica - the place where “no one thing is greater than another” are related. Maybe the Tower of Babel???

Mr Oak
47 minutes ago, NoahSuns said:

Why would she close an album like that?:oprah:

I'm back:huntyga: I just remembered I had made a similar comment on Babylon with a theory that Babylon(Babble on) is a metaphorical name for Hollywood(Gossip)

and I still don't understand why'd she end an album like that

holy scheisse

I feel like Babylon is the DWUW of the album, and its like an empowering song of not caring what ppl say about you. That's the gossip/babble on part of it i think. Curious 2 see the rest of the lyrics, i definitely could see her incorporating this into it given her obsession with talking about fame/celebrity

darkchylde
12 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

and its like an empowering song

there was .... litte to none empowering in working with a rapist 

holy scheisse
Just now, darkchylde said:

there was .... litte to none empowering in working with a rapist 

I'd disagree, There is empowerment if you dont adopt such a black and white outlook on it. listen to the song again (solo version if you must) and consider the lyrics isolated from the context of her collaborator  if you cant see how this song can be empowering, objectively :ally: and yes she shouldnt have collaborated with R Kelly but thankfully we have the xtina version, which i'd say is of cousrse even more empowering :pawsup:

Archived